Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 05:37 PM

652 posts, read 340,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Just shows how ignorance Trump and his fan base are. He has no idea who the Dreamers are and what they want.

What Is the DREAM Act and Who Are DREAMers? | LawLogix
Trump is ignorant( or as you would say, ignorance)?

He's on top of the world, win or lose. Where are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 06:17 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Except that Trump was talking about AMERICAN kids, right?

Not seeing much difference between the difficulties experienced by the kids of legal or illegal immigrants.
If someone chooses to bring their child to a country not of their birth, they have to abide by the rules of the country they settled in.
Why should any child of non-citizens get preferential treatment when so many American kids are unable to dream?
I agree. No reason for any non-citizen kids to get preferential treatment!

BUT NO PREFERENTIAL FOR ILLEGALS EITHER!

Citizens first and than legal aliens! LEGAL to me is the word.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:52 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Lily were you born in 1981? Then you are turning 35 this year. Your clock is already ticking. If you want children you should seriously consider having them now.
I was born in 1985 I am a Libra too. hehe I am an october baby. =) The numbers should be read like this 3191 / 981

A little off topic, my sister had her second son after she turned 37 (after 2 months ttc) That is why I said "I wouldn't worry in 7-10 years)

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 02-17-2016 at 07:27 PM..

Old 02-17-2016, 09:41 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I was born in 1985 I am a Libra too. hehe I am an october baby. =) The numbers should be read like this 3191 / 981

A little off topic, my sister had her second son after she turned 37 (after 2 months ttc) That is why I said "I wouldn't worry in 7-10 years)
Ok good, but the timeframe is more like 4-5 years. My grandparents had my mother when they were 40 and 50. They both died before I was born.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:21 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I know some of these so-called Dreamers because they are friends and schoolmates of my own. They are the one group that I feel strongly should be allowed to stay and become citizens as quickly and painlessly as possible. They are as American as my own kids, culturally. There are some bad apples among them, of course, gang bangers, druggies, and social misfits that should be weeded out and deported, but for the ones who have behaved, studied, and potentially can contribute much to our society, a swift path to citizenship is in all our interests.

I have no objection to Trump calling for policies that help all young people achieve their dream in this country - especially urban blacks. How about education through expansion of quality alternatives to failing schools, reducing the student debt burden, promoting high tech investment, curtailing the abuse of H1Bs?
I don't know if I'd call kids of Illegals as American the same as the kids of Americans. Recent Latino Immigrants, Illegal or not, overwhelmingly have children who speak Spanish and are pretty immersed in their home countries culture. They often live in areas with high numbers of Latinos and socialize with a lot of Latinos. And the more people of the same culture that come here at one time, the more that they will be like their home country culture.

Realistically, the are probably 500 million or so poor people, from Latin America that would love to walk across the border and get to say here. At some point, the flow needs to be turned off, or we will become Mexico. And that's a pretty bad place to live. It's common sense. You have to draw the line somewhere or you are going to want to become a dreamer in some other country that probably wont take you.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:42 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Ok good, but the timeframe is more like 4-5 years. My grandparents had my mother when they were 40 and 50. They both died before I was born.
well, thank you for your concern. I said I won't worry about bio clock. I didn't say other women shouldn't be.

Who knows? Maybe i am one of those women who can never have children. My aunt couldn't have any, she wasn't unhappy. If that is the case, then I guess I would just have to love my nephews and my God son. I don't plan on seeing any grandchildren. oh boy, I don't want to be anybody's grandma. that is for sure.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:45 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I don't know if I'd call kids of Illegals as American the same as the kids of Americans. Recent Latino Immigrants, Illegal or not, overwhelmingly have children who speak Spanish and are pretty immersed in their home countries culture. They often live in areas with high numbers of Latinos and socialize with a lot of Latinos. And the more people of the same culture that come here at one time, the more that they will be like their home country culture.

Realistically, the are probably 500 million or so poor people, from Latin America that would love to walk across the border and get to say here. At some point, the flow needs to be turned off, or we will become Mexico. And that's a pretty bad place to live. It's common sense. You have to draw the line somewhere or you are going to want to become a dreamer in some other country that probably wont take you.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:49 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
What a crock of lies! Trump does not consider that only non-Hispanic white kids are American kids. He has never said nor implied that. His objection is to illegal aliens and they certainly aren't Americans regardless of their ethnic makeup. I get sick of the lies and race card pulling by a certain poster in here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections