U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 03:06 PM

5,396 posts, read 6,916,787 times

Advertisements

Geez, she is worse than Romney!!

Clinton (D-N.Y.) came out against all torture - "period" - in Wednesday's Democratic debate after previously telling the Daily News last October it would be okay to torture a terrorist to foil "something imminent."
Clinton's transformation on torture now aligns her perfectly with the voters she's trying to woo. A Zogby International poll this month found 64% of Americans oppose the interrogation tactic - and an earlier ABC poll showed more than 70% of Democrats are against it.

Hillary flip-flop on torture inspired after meeting generals (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2007/09/28/2007-09-28_hillary_flipflop_on_torture_inspired_aft.html - broken link)

As CNSNews Editor-in-Chief Terry Jeffrey noted after the November 15, 2007 Democratic debate (where Clinton answered that she did not support licenses for illegal immigrants), Clinton, with that answer, contradicted what she had said in an interview with the Nashua [N.H.] Telegraph on October 17, 2007, almost a month earlier. In the interview, Clinton voiced support for New York Governor Eliot Spitzer’s plan to give illegal immigrants driver’s licenses, stating that "it makes a lot of sense."

LAT’s McManus Overlooks Clinton’s Flip-Flop on Licenses for Illegals | NewsBusters.org

The AP is out with this story: "Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton, who chastised rival Barack Obama for ruling out the use of nuclear weapons in the war on terror, did just that when asked about Iran a year ago. 'I would certainly take nuclear weapons off the table," she said in April 2006.'"
"Her views expressed while she was gearing up for a presidential run stand in conflict with her comments this month regarding Obama, who faced heavy criticism from leaders of both parties, including Clinton, after saying it would be "a profound mistake" to deploy nuclear weapons in Afghanistan and Pakistan."

Hillary's flip-flop on nukes? - The Body Odd - msnbc.com

During a Democratic presidential debate in July, Obama said he would be willing to meet without precondition in the first year of his presidency with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea.
Standing with him on stage, Clinton said she would first send envoys to test the waters and called Obama’s position irresponsible and naive.

But asked about it Thursday by a voter, the New York senator said twice that she, too, would negotiate with Iran “with no conditions.”
“I would engage in negotiations with Iran, with no conditions, because we don’t really understand how Iran works. We think we do, from the outside, but I think that is misleading,” she said at an apple orchard.

Hillary Flip-Flops On Iran - Say Anything

Following in the footsteps of Democrat presidential hopefuls, Hillary Clinton has “Flip Flopped” on an issue that will play a significant part in the 2008 elections. She is now for ethanol fuel, but she voted against it in June of last year.

Hillary Flip Flops on Ethanol [conservative-thoughts.blog-city.com]

You know, there is no more cause for us to be there if the Iraqis are just not going to do what they need to do to take care of their own country.
So it’s time to bring our troops home and to bring them home as quickly and responsibly as possible.
And unfortunately, I don’t see any reason why they should remain beyond, you know, today. I think George Bush doesn’t intend to bring them home. But certainly I have said when I’m president I will. Within 60 days, I’ll start that withdrawal.

She said in the interview that there were “remaining vital national security interests in Iraq” that would require a continuing deployment of American troops.
The United States’ security would be undermined if parts of Iraq turned into a failed state “that serves as a petri dish for insurgents and Al Qaeda,” she said. “It is right in the heart of the oil region. It is directly in opposition to our interests, to the interests of regimes, to Israel’s interests.”
“So I think it will be up to me to try to figure out how to protect those national security interests and continue to take our troops out of this urban warfare, which I think is a loser,” Mrs. Clinton added. She declined to estimate the number of American troops she would keep in Iraq, saying she would draw on the advice of the military officers who would have to carry out the strategy…

Hillary's Latest Flip-Flop On Troops In Iraq | Sweetness & Light
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 04:08 PM

14 posts, read 22,605 times
Hillary flip flop? Impossible. With a husband like hers it is incomprehensible that Hillary Clinton could flip flop on a subject.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:13 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,012,404 times
And I know for a fact you will not google the words "george bush flip flops".

I would but I've done it so many times and the repugs just ignore it....besides it's so loooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg....just isn't room for it.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:16 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,942,815 times
Duh. All senators do this (unless they don't vote). That's why senators rarely become president.

But this time around, the PRESIDENT IS GOING TO BE AN EX-SENATOR! So, they'll all have flip flops.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:31 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,773,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Geez, she is worse than Romney!!
if you don't like her, maybe i should vote for her!

Last edited by Marka; 02-11-2008 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: cut quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections