Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 05:53 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times

Advertisements

No fan of Obama but no disaster for the USA as far as I see. Let other countries destroy themselves. Washington's farewell address and all that.

ME has always been a problem since 1948. Europe has been weak since 1945.

Turkey and Russia animosity is centuries old and no reason to expect otherwise.

Syrian refugees...well the immigration polices are unsound but even previous administrations did not solve the our immigration issues with our southern border. RR preached amnesty.

My economy is doing quite strong. We had millions on food stamps before 2008. We have too many people who are useless and the main reason is of their own making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 05:53 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I don't know what Trump you guys have been watching, but he doesn't have a single concrete policy idea in comparison to his GOP rivals. Every answer to every question is either an insult or so vague that it forces the interviewer to ask the same question again. When it comes to public policy, he comes across as completely uninformed. But again, I think at his core he is a moderate and the policies he pushes would go in that direction.
"but he doesn't have a single concrete policy idea"

1 simple question. Have you ever visited trump.com.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:56 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
How bad?

Let's see, some liberals claimed they would leave the US, Trump would roll back all the idiots EO's, enforce immigration black letter law vigorously, defund ACA..........what's the downside?

Old 02-20-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Media equals RATINGS-- notice all the bad news is 24- 7 --RATINGS is what pays the bills. Not TRUMP he makes alot of noise so they follow him.
The bully tactic is just not going to win over Washington and he CANNOT fire anyone- He has made his money so what? He started well and ended up well- that does not make him a diplomat or a leader of ALL the people.
but have your hurrah --we will talk again after the primaries-- lets see what SC has to say-to early yet
"Media equals RATINGS-- notice all the bad news is 24- 7 --RATINGS is what pays the bills. Not TRUMP he makes alot of noise so they follow him."

Which is EXACTLY my point.

He has figured out a way to GET MEDIA COVERAGE WITHOUT SPENDING HIS OWN MONEY.

"The bully tactic is just not going to win over Washington and he CANNOT fire anyone-"

What part of "He did NOT become so successful in business WITHOUT being a great negotiator. He KNOWS how to work with people and get things done." DON'T you understand?

People who know him and have worked with him tell an entirely DIFFERENT story then the one we see on TV."

"He has made his money so what? " So what? What a silly response. Heaven forbid we have someone in charge of our money and how it is spent by someone who ACTUALLY KNOWS HOW.

"He started well and ended up well-"

No, He started out well and INCREASED it a thousand fold.

Please answer HONESTLY. Who are YOU supporting?

Old 02-20-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
My one concern: How will he successfully run his Business Empire and the Country at the same time?

Serious question.
He has already explained it.

Like I POSTED EARLIER, PEOPLE SHOULD read MORE AND research THINGS BEFORE MAKING STATEMENTS AND ASKING QUESTIONS THAT ARE EASILY RESEARCHED.

He will turn things over to his adult children who have worked with him and know how to do the things he wants done.

ALL his existing managers will stay and assist them. They ALSO know what he wants.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:28 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,968 times
How bad could it be if Trump becomes President?

Bad enough..

Old 02-20-2016, 06:34 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I don't disagree with you. But I don't think that's a reason to vote for one of the professional, sold-out politicians that will lie and say anything to get elected. There will be compromise but to different degrees. I don't want someone that will compromise to the point of betraying American citizens' best interest. I want someone that has the guts and integrity to stand up for America.
Trump can't do any of the things he says he will do without others who will cooperate with him! He can't build a wall alone! He can't deport 11 million people alone! He can't bring back torture! He can't bomb ISIS to oblivion! He can't negotiate all of our trade deals! He can't tax things alone!

What he can do is try to shape our policies to be advantageous TO HIM! He can also play King and **** off the leaders of other countries.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:38 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,265,497 times
It wouldn't be a disaster. I think he's a clown (an extraordinarily successful one, mind), but he's also smart and competent. And in any case, the U.S. government has sufficient checks and balances to make outright disasters very unlikely.

Moreover, while the loudest people always talk about how America is circling the drain when their party loses an election, from where I stand 48 years in, we keep muddling through and things get a little better, in fits and starts, slowly but surely. Sometimes I think our electoral system (and our electorate) is nuts, but I think we've actually had a nice run of at least decent presidents from both parties. W was the real exception, and as much of a "disaster" as his eight years were, we've come out the other side in pretty decent shape.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
No fan of Obama but no disaster for the USA as far as I see. Let other countries destroy themselves. Washington's farewell address and all that.

ME has always been a problem since 1948. Europe has been weak since 1945.

Turkey and Russia animosity is centuries old and no reason to expect otherwise.

Syrian refugees...well the immigration polices are unsound but even previous administrations did not solve the our immigration issues with our southern border. RR preached amnesty.

My economy is doing quite strong. We had millions on food stamps before 2008. We have too many people who are useless and the main reason is of their own making.
" Let other countries destroy themselves. Washington's farewell address and all that."

We tried being Isolationist and how did THAT turnout.

Keep in mind the world was much "smaller" then.

We live in a global environment. To ignore it is either very naive or, well...

The world ignored Hitler, saying the same things you are saying, and he marched right through Europe.

If you wish to ignore who we are dealing with, that is your choice.

Islamit rerrorism is NOT going away unless we destroy it as best we can.

The war started in the 7th century and lasted through the 17th century. I would contend it never stopped but historically the facts below are correct.

This is why I choke when I hear someone say we will defeat or contain these Islamic terrorists in a few years or even 30 years as recently stated by Leon Panetta.

If the latest batch of murders, beheadings, and killing of innocent Christians has shocked you, maybe you should read this compilation of historical facts about the hatred of Muslims.

WE, THE STUPID

This is factually (and historically) correct - and verifiable:

In 732 A.D. the Muslim Army, which was moving on Paris, was defeated and turned back at Tours, France, by Charles Martell.

In 1571 A.D. the Muslim Army/Navy was defeated by the Italians and Austrians as they tried to cross the Mediterranean to attack southern
Europe in the Battle of Lepanto.

In 1683 A.D. the Turkish Muslim Army, attacking Eastern Europe, was finally defeated in the Battle of Vienna by German and Polish Christian
Armies.

This crap has been going on for 1,400 years and half of the politicians don't even know it.

If these battles had not been won, we might be speaking Arabic and Christianity could be non-existent; Judaism certainly would not exist.

Reflecting: A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine that America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves. Pause a moment and reflect back.

These events are actual events from history. They really happened! Do you remember?

47 years since 1968 and this just keeps going on and on.

1. In 1968, Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim male.
2. In 1972, at the Munich Olympics, Israeli athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim males.
3. In 1972, a Pan Am 747 was hijacked and eventually diverted to Cairo where a fuse was lit on final approach.
Shortly after landing it was blown up by Muslim males.
4. In 1973, a Pan Am 707 was destroyed in Rome, with 33 people killed, when it was attacked with grenades by Muslim males.
5. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim males.
6. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim males.
7. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim males.
8. In 1985, the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70-year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim males.
9. In 1985, TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim males.
10. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim males.
11. In 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim males.
12. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim males.
13. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim males.
14. In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim males.
15. In 2002, reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and beheaded by - you guessed it - a Muslim male. (Plus two other American journalists who were just recently beheaded).
16. In 2013, the Boston Marathon Bombing resulted in 4 Innocent people, (including a child) being killed and 264 people injured by Muslim males.

No Obama, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people.

So, ask yourself "Just how stupid are we???"

Absolutely No Profiling! They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the Obama's security detail, 85-year-old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, BUT........leave Muslim Males alone lest we be guilty of profiling.
Ask yourself, "Just how stupid are we?" Have the American people completely lost their minds or just their Power of Reason???

Old 02-20-2016, 06:50 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
He has already explained it.

Like I POSTED EARLIER, PEOPLE SHOULD read MORE AND research THINGS BEFORE MAKING STATEMENTS AND ASKING QUESTIONS THAT ARE EASILY RESEARCHED.

He will turn things over to his adult children who have worked with him and know how to do the things he wants done.

ALL his existing managers will stay and assist them. They ALSO know what he wants.
Pretty sure this will turn into a lawsuit. Ethics? Conflict of interest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections