Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 07:31 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,257,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But that is amnesty even if it wouldn't apply to all illegal aliens! Anything that allows any of them to remain here and get on a path to citizenship is amnesty. So working here illegally is justification for the above?
So you don't see a difference between telling people who are here that they can stay if they go through a citizenship process and just simply making all of them citizens in one fell swoop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 08:20 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
So you don't see a difference between telling people who are here that they can stay if they go through a citizenship process and just simply making all of them citizens in one fell swoop?

What? I don't want any of them to remain here or to gain our citizenship. What about my post didn't you understand about that?

Old 02-20-2016, 08:35 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
The is what I found but it is some what murky: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...n-immigration/ I could not find anything current and there could be a really good reason for that with the primary today. Part of the games that the media plays.

I still say, look at the BIG picture when choosing a candidate. Actually "google" and go to page 10 to find something before Bernie or any other candidate was running, not the sound bites that media quotes today.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:14 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
He said this

“Somebody who is very fond of the president, agrees with him most of the time, I disagree with his recent deportation policies. And I would not support those. Bottom line is a path towards citizenship for 11 million undocumented people, if Congress doesn’t do the right thing, we use the executive orders of the president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...n-immigration/

wait!

I thought Bernie understands the simple concept that in order to sell his free for all feel good programs, open border for all, citizenships for all simply doesn't work.

I still like him, he is at least honest. But he is getting way too "compassionate" (for lack of a better word) for common sense.

I understand the deportation of 11 million is unrealistic, but citizenships for ALL? How does that work?

Old 02-20-2016, 11:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He said this

“Somebody who is very fond of the president, agrees with him most of the time, I disagree with his recent deportation policies. And I would not support those. Bottom line is a path towards citizenship for 11 million undocumented people, if Congress doesn’t do the right thing, we use the executive orders of the president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...n-immigration/

wait!

I thought Bernie understands the simple concept that in order to sell his free for all feel good programs, open border for all, citizenships for all simply doesn't work.

I still like him, he is at least honest. But he is getting way too "compassionate" (for lack of a better word) for common sense.

I understand the deportation of 11 million is unrealistic, but citizenships for ALL? How does that work?
Those countries that Bernie wants the US to model itself after ~ Denmark, Sweden, etc have a MUCH smaller population than we do and they do not have a large population of undocumented immigrants. I am not sure that we can have BOTH.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:18 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Those countries that Bernie wants the US to model itself after ~ Denmark, Sweden, etc have a MUCH smaller population than we do and they do not have a large population of undocumented immigrants. I am not sure that we can have BOTH.
Right.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:27 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Germany has a population of 82 million, more than 10 times as many people as Denmark, they have the same system as Denmark, a strong economy and millions of immigrants and refugees.

I think we can have a path towards citizenship for the illegals who wont leave anyway, combined with stronger border controls which Sanders supports. Even Republicans like Kasich agrees with this.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Germany has a population of 82 million, more than 10 times as many people as Denmark, they have the same system as Denmark, a strong economy and millions of immigrants and refugees.

I think we can have a path towards citizenship for the illegals who wont leave anyway, combined with stronger border controls which Sanders supports. Even Republicans like Kasich agrees with this.

I totally disagree. I don't think any of them deserve a path to citizenship or to become legalized. It's a slap in the face to those immigrants that followed our laws to migrate here and is rewarding them for breaking our laws. Most of them have used stolen or fake ID's to work or evaded taxes by working for cash. Those are felonies. Do Americans get rewarded for committing felonies? What makes you think that illegals won't leave if we remove all the incentives for them to remain here? I thought they were supposedly here for a better life? If they can't work, get benefits and citizenship for their kids born here how would it be a better life for them?

Old 02-20-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Undocumented immigrants? Why use PC, leftists language to describe them?

Old 02-20-2016, 02:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Undocumented immigrants? Why use PC, leftists language to describe them?
Obviously you cannot criticize the content so you resort to the ole "PC " crap. When we all know that no one is more PC than the RIGHT when it's their folks being criticized.

Try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections