Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 11:01 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The mothers of Trayvon Martin, Sandra Bland and Eric Garner were set to join Hillary Clinton at a South Carolina town hall on Tuesday as she jockeyed with rival Bernie Sanders for African-American voters.

The issue of racism and the treatment of minorities at the hands of the justice system have been major themes of the Democratic campaign. The women appearing with Clinton — who have lost children in brushes with police or to violence — were due to make the case that the former secretary of state would take on the gun lobby, a campaign official told NBC News.
Moms of Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner to Stump for Clinton - NBC News

Bernie's political expediency re: gun laws will continue to haunt him. These women don't care that he comes from a rural state with lots of gun owners owners and needed NRA support to win his state elections. They care about their lost children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 11:17 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,663,999 times
Sheep is what they are.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:25 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,806,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

Bernie's political expediency re: gun laws will continue to haunt him. These women don't care that he comes from a rural state with lots of gun owners owners and needed NRA support to win his state elections. They care about their lost children.
I have a feeling that they did not care much about them when they were alive. Probably never spent time with them or asked them how their day was.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

Eric Garner's daughter has endorsed Sanders. I guess she also cares about her lost father.

Why Erica Garner's support for Sanders makes a difference - CNN.com

Erica Garner’s Commercial Endorsing Bernie Sanders for President – Erica Garner

I care about my children too. That's why I won't vote for someone with a history of choosing to send one of them to fight a needless war.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:46 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,806,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Eric Garner's daughter has endorsed Sanders. I guess she also cares about her lost father.

I care about my children too. That's why I won't vote for someone with a history of choosing to send one of them to fight a needless war.
Very well said.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:51 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,380,448 times
Criminals of a feather.....

Old 02-23-2016, 11:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Sheep is what they are.
Why not just call them 'thugs' and be done with it?

Old 02-23-2016, 11:56 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,893,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Why not just call them 'thugs' and be done with it?
How do you get "thugs" from sheep?

A person's inference says a lot about their true thoughts.

Anyway, "taking on the gun lobby" has nothing to do with over-policing, militarization of police and police brutality-what Bernie is talking about.

Eric Garner was strangled to death by the NYPD-no gun involved. Hillary is deathly afraid of speaking on the real issues of police brutality, the militarization of the police and the horrible war on "drugs", and instead seeks to appease the ignorant with "gun control".

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 02-23-2016 at 12:08 PM..

Old 02-23-2016, 11:59 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,893,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

Amen.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:14 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,306,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Sheep is what they are.
That or some serious cash "donations" were made...you know, the Clinton way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections