Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 03:50 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Well you better pray Kasich and Cruz dont drop out anytime soon because the vast majority of their support will go to Rubio and your boy Trump is finished.
No candidate has ever won the GOP nomination unless they have won at least Iowa, New Hampshire, or South Carolina. This rules out Rubio, Kasich, & Carson.

Furthermore, no GOP candidate since 1980, has won the Presidency that didn't win SC. This rules out Cruz.

The 5 or so losers left in the primary, who think they can beat Trump, are really the Walking Dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,251 posts, read 4,915,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Well you better pray Kasich and Cruz dont drop out anytime soon because the vast majority of their support will go to Rubio and your boy Trump is finished.
Dexter I know your man is Cruz(who now has the title "Lier")

Donald Trump is about to do terrible things to Marco Rubio.....

Until now, Trump has been relatively soft on Rubio. But with the increasing possibility that Rubio could be the greatest threat to Trump winning the nomination, he's almost certain to go after him.... since Rubio does look like he didn't graduate high school all that long ago......

Donald Trump is about to do terrible things to Marco Rubio

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Pray that Kasich and Cruz do drop out or I have your boy Rubio back in Florida cleaning my pool again.
Hmm, I hope you don't mean for your comment to have racist undertones . . .

Old 02-23-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Well.... Rubio certainly hasn't been present in the Senate. So he must be doing something else elsewhere.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No candidate has ever won the GOP nomination unless they have won at least Iowa, New Hampshire, or South Carolina. This rules out Rubio, Kasich, & Carson.

Furthermore, no GOP candidate since 1980, has won the Presidency that didn't win SC. This rules out Cruz.

The 5 or so losers left in the primary, who think they can beat Trump, are really the Walking Dead.
But, to be fair, there's so much that's off about this election cycle that its not even funny. Trump's problem is that 2/3 of the GOP are supporting other candidates. And, with the way that he's going after some of the other candidates, he really shouldn't expect to win their backers over when they drop out (and the polling reflects this as he loses head to head matchups against Cruz and Rubio). The best Trump can hope for is that the field remains crowded until further reduction of the field won't make a difference as the delegate count would be all but wrapped up.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:54 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Rubio's backers want the others to drop out, because Rubio doesn't have it in him to win the votes himself.
I think the "establishment" Republican leadership (you know, the guys who pushed for McCain and Romney) want Rubio to be the nominee. Many grassroots Republicans are a little skeptical of him, judging him to be just another one of the 'good ol' boys'. Obviously Donald Trump is the true outsider that makes them (the elite) nervous.

If Kasich stays in until the primary in his home state of Ohio, it will be good for both Trump and Cruz as the momentum will be on their side. It will be a 2 man GOP race. Let's see what happens!

Old 02-23-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Well.... Rubio certainly hasn't been present in the Senate. So he must be doing something else elsewhere.
I can guarantee you that he wasn't cleaning pools (not the poster's pool or anyone else's)

Old 02-23-2016, 03:56 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
Quote:

lol, reminds me of this scene from dumb and dumber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Old 02-23-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
But, to be fair, there's so much that's off about this election cycle that its not even funny.
Nope.

If a candidate doesn't have it in them to win one of the early primaries, then they don't have it in them to win the Presidency.

Rubio spent $40M and has nothing to show for it except for 9 delegates and no primary wins.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:57 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
The comment was made by a Trump supporter, unsurprisingly. It is overtly racist, but I credit the author of the post for having the courage to say what's on his mind. I have no doubt the other Trumpets agree with the underlying sentiment. Note none of the Trump fans objected to the post.

Anyone who thinks Trump's base isn't filled with white people who are prejudiced is blind. That isn't to say all Trump supporters are racists, but look at Trump's campaign themes and the people he is speaking to. It's not hard to figure out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections