Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 04:32 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
True. It is beyond me why this is happening.
The movement is here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 04:32 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:
Perhaps the massive democracy gap in America has something to do with it? There is almost zero correlation between public opinion and public policy in America. The opinions of the bottom 50% on the income scale has zero impact on policy and its not much better as we go up the income scale, until we start to reach the top 1%.

That's a system ripe for someone like Trump.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:34 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Easy to do when you're committing voter fraud and doubling votes. He's been averaging 32%. You think he gets to 46% all the sudden? Right. Voter fraud.
Right, but if Rubio had got it then it would of been because Bush supporters fled to him in flocks. It's amazing the double standards that you have. If a poll that favors Trump is several months ago then it's both unreliable due to the polling firm and date. However, you will cite ones that favor your boy Rubio if they are completed at those dates. Chances are he went up because people are beginning to realize that he is likely going to win this thing.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Impressive.
Yep, 800 votes is impressive... What really is impressive is why in a State with such a large Latino population so few say they are Republicans.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:18 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Don't be so quick to make assumptions about the Hispanic vote in the Western States. I bet he'll end up with at least 50 percent of the Hispanic vote in a national election with many Hispanics crossing parties to vote for him.
The problem with Democrats is that don't think about or want to face the reality that most Hispanics do not vote simply for whoever they are told to vote for like the vast majority of Black voters do. If Hispanics like a candidate they will vote for them regardless of party affiliation.
Also, many Hispanics do not like illegals coming over the border and taking their jobs away any more than anyone else does. Hispanics have the ability to think for themselves and many do not feel any alliance with illegals. Why don't the democratic elites understand this?

Old 02-24-2016, 05:21 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Easy to do when you're committing voter fraud and doubling votes. He's been averaging 32%. You think he gets to 46% all the sudden? Right. Voter fraud.
Prove it.

What's "RedState"?

Is there a Communist state?

Red is the color for Communism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
These are Hispanic REPUBLICAN voters. Don't forget, most Hispanics are registered Democrats.
Why didn't they vote for Hispanic Republicans Cruz and Rubio?

Why did they vote for the non-Hispanic Republican Trump?

Old 02-24-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Vote splitting is pretty much the reason. Typically you only have enough candidates in the election for 2-3 people to do well in the start. However, the large field split the vote among so many different people that Trump was able to slip by with the support base that does not seem to abandon them. Both Rubio and Cruzes campaign have said that they don't even waste their time trying to turn Trump supporters anymore, because they simply don't switch their votes. The GOP has only themselves to blame for this mess.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:37 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,361 times
There is a large number of Hispanics that do vote for those anti illegal immigration because they don't like a wide generalization of EVERY Hispanic person being perceived as an illegal Mexican.

Dow here I know many who get up in arms by someone even thinking that they're Mexican. Even ones who aren't upper middle class. Regular bank teller type people "I'm ___ and my family came here legally" it's a big deal.

As a minority I understand that notion. As a black woman, I get up in arms too when someone looks at me and wonders where my 2 illegitimate children or why I don't "sound black" and soulful.

I can totally see him getting large chunks of the Hispanic vote fair and square up against Amnesty International Rubio and snake liar Cruz.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Prove it.

What's "RedState"?

Is there a Communist state?

Red is the color for Communism.

Why didn't they vote for Hispanic Republicans Cruz and Rubio?

Why did they vote for the non-Hispanic Republican Trump?
Because they are both so far right as to be off the map. Social and religious conservatism does not appeal to hispanics.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:43 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So much for the idea that Hispanics only vote for democrats and that they all want amnesty and open borders. To those who think that way---you don't speak for me. Come Super Tuesday, Trump gets my vote.
The Nevada caucuses are closed, not open. Thus, Hispanic caucus goers in question were all registered Republicans. They don't represent the vast majority of Hispanics at large. Ditto for black Republicans - they are like Carson, Cain, Sowell, Thomas, Steele, and so on . . . . not typical by most people's definition.

We shall see how the Hispanics vote in the general.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections