Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 12:26 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

FIREWALL CRUMBLES: Cruz prepares for election day massacre by pulling out of Alabama events - Yellowhammer News

Something's up. Is his internal polling showing signs of trouble in Texas? What else could it be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 02:11 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
FIREWALL CRUMBLES: Cruz prepares for election day massacre by pulling out of Alabama events - Yellowhammer News

Something's up. Is his internal polling showing signs of trouble in Texas? What else could it be?
I bet I know why. It has nothing directly to do with Alabama, either. Cruz has to defend Texas where he is leading. He didn't anticipate he'd have to spend a lot of time in Texas. See if he replaces the Alabama timeslot with a Texas event. He probably sacrificed the Southern state where he had the least chance of winning for more time in Texas. Just a guess.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:31 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
Thought he'd do great in that state that so happens to have a whole lot of evangelicals.

Last edited by owl6969; 02-25-2016 at 02:53 AM..

Old 02-25-2016, 02:56 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Cheating to win and his lying is not how voters award a candidate. Cruz standing on the Senate floor for 2 days shows what kind of President he will be and we don't need another President like we have, regardless if it is a Rep.

We need a President that has guts and has proof he can show the world that America is a leader.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:08 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
It might actually work out better in the long run if Cruz wins Tx. It keeps him in the race longer and hurts Rubio too as Trump wins in other states.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:48 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Well, maybe this has something to do with it:

With the so-called “SEC primary” quickly approaching, Donald Trump has a 17-point lead over his closest rival in Alabama, according to a new poll. Master Image, a Birmingham-based Republican consulting firm, released a poll Wednesday showing Trump with 36 percent, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio at 19 percent, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz at 12 percent, former neurosurgeon Ben Carson at 8 percent and Ohio Gov. John Kasich at 7 percent. Seventeen percent of those polled are still undecided.

Donald Trump Has Big Lead In Alabama Poll | The Daily Caller

Old 02-25-2016, 04:57 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I bet I know why. It has nothing directly to do with Alabama, either. Cruz has to defend Texas where he is leading. He didn't anticipate he'd have to spend a lot of time in Texas. See if he replaces the Alabama timeslot with a Texas event. He probably sacrificed the Southern state where he had the least chance of winning for more time in Texas. Just a guess.
Texas and Oklahoma may be the only states he has a chance of winning, and not by much in either state. He needs to drop out soon and stop wasting money. I don't know who advised him he could win. He has no appeal to independents, and is hated vehemently by liberals. He isn't even that popular among conservatives.

Promising more gridlock is not a winning message. And he is relying on social issues to get evangelical support when the majority of the country is not interested in that this election.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:28 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
Thought he'd do great in that state that so happens to have a whole lot of evangelicals.
He has blown a lot of that support by his lying and deceit. By endorsing Cruz, they endorse the behavior that he has shown and most will probably have a conscience that won't allow them to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It might actually work out better in the long run if Cruz wins Tx. It keeps him in the race longer and hurts Rubio too as Trump wins in other states.
Works out better for Trump if Cruz stays in the race, so it works for me! Cruz was just sure he would win and hasn't yet come to the realization that he was wrong which is very typical of someone that thinks just a little too highly of themselves.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
You know what? I can't stand him and I think most know that, but when these candidates have so many primaries in the next 12 days, we have to understand they are only human and can only do so much. They make decisions based on what they think will help them the most. Overall the polls in Texas look good for him, but I certainly understand why he might want to continue to push his agenda.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:49 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Cheating to win and his lying is not how voters award a candidate. Cruz standing on the Senate floor for 2 days shows what kind of President he will be and we don't need another President like we have, regardless if it is a Rep.

We need a President that has guts and has proof he can show the world that America is a leader.
There are a lot of negative things you can say about Cruz, my favorite description of him I've read on this board was that he was a nefarious weasel on a stick, but he has guts. You may not agree with how he chooses to use those guts, but they are there nonetheless and in spades. There is a reason the Republican establishment hates him. Unlike a lot of politicians, who tell the electorate "when I get to DC I'm going to fight them" only to roll over like a submissive dog once they get there, he has probably done what he could to keep his word more than most politicians I have seen in my lifetime. He has taken a lot of heat for it and took it with chin up. I respect Ted Cruz. I just don't happen to agree with some of the things he proposes and am concerned with his tenacity that it will actually come to fruition. The world wouldn't doubt that Ted Cruz is a leader, they just wouldn't like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections