Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 08:03 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Just wondering, do y'all trump supporters really want to know the answers to these questions? Or, would you vote for him no matter what the answers would be?

4 Questions Voters Need Donald Trump To Stop Dodging
Foolish questions I think.

Does anyone expect Trump to manage both his businesses and function as President?

I have never cared anything about releasing Tax Returns. It is a non-issue when weighing a person's ability to perform the functions of the office.

3 and 4 are just so far off the wall. I cannot comprehend the logic of why they are so important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 09:29 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
He has already answered these questions. I would try use google before posting articles. Yet another non-issue and thread fail.

Are you familiar with Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Donald Trump on the Issues and https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

Think for yourselves and do a little research on the state of the country, the economics, etc. and then, I'll see you on the Trump train. Although "ignorance is bliss", it can people look pretty foolish.

This post is spit-take worthy. Think for yourselves? You think that the redundant posts you make that just regurgitate the slander and bigotry directed towards Cruz are a result of "thinking for yourself"? All you have to do is "Google" and you will LEARN that all of the smears from the Trump Train have been completely and soundly debunked.

The level of hypocrisy and irony in this single post meets the daily requirements for the next decade.

My only take away is that you are one blissful Trump supporter!

Old 02-26-2016, 04:54 PM

29,526 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Agreed. God knows we have elected enough people with 10-point plans that amounted to nothing. Everybody ran on "repealing" Obamacare and defunding PP. We don't need plans any more. We want vision and will. There are plenty of books to show me how to build a wall. You dig a foundation, pour concrete, drop a few rebars and anchor concrete slabs. The problem is not that we don't know what to do. Problem is we don't have anyone to do it.
Heard of this thing called "Congress?" Any idea why it exists?

Old 02-26-2016, 05:12 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
I want to know what Trump's IQ is. If I had to guess I would say it is hovering around 90.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
I want to know what Trump's IQ is. If I had to guess I would say it is hovering around 90.
I think 90 is aspirational.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:06 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
I'm not a Trump supporter and I really never thought he'd have a chance at actually becoming the Republican candidate. But that's looking more and more possible.

He's obviously a great businessman and that is the main reason I'd be willing to give a chance. Maybe he could work some magic and get the U.S. back on solid financial ground. He has done it in his personal life; why not for the country?

I DON'T like that he never says how he is actually going to do any of the things he talks about and he just says "believe me" and "trust me" and general statements about making the U.S. great again. But how? To be fair, I have heard SOME of what he plans - like a one time tax on the rich.

But when I hear Bernie Sanders talk about free college for everyone, I know FOR SURE that is not realistic. So if it came down to Trump and Sanders or Trump and Clinton, I guess I'd have to vote for Trump.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:21 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
I'll bet No. This is a cult of personality---he's a celeb. I don't think they even listen to what he is saying. And if you ask questions of them, such who will pay for the Wall--they will confidently tell you "China will."

Nothing else matters unless it applies to Hillary or Obama.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:53 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
This post is spit-take worthy. Think for yourselves? You think that the redundant posts you make that just regurgitate the slander and bigotry directed towards Cruz are a result of "thinking for yourself"? All you have to do is "Google" and you will LEARN that all of the smears from the Trump Train have been completely and soundly debunked.

The level of hypocrisy and irony in this single post meets the daily requirements for the next decade.

My only take away is that you are one blissful Trump supporter!

Lol, as if there aren't "blissful" Cruz, Rubio, Clinton, Sanders, etc., etc. supporters here.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:28 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Of course they don't. Probably the single most frustrating thing about talking to a Trump fan is they don't care. I've said before, and I'll say it again, this election has finally answered for me how Hitler got in power. They just wanted him and couldn't care less about what he wanted for their country. It's scary.

Bring on the Godwin's Law charges but, as I also have said before, simply because you have a handy dandy little name for a phenomenon don't mean it isn't true.
I'm usually pretty quick to play the Godwin card but I will pull it in this case on the narrowest grounds, and that would be based solely any insights that you can glean from the mind of his supporters not that Trump's philosophy or policies have anything in common with Hitler. What is a common feature, is based upon the sense of alienation largely as result of the 2007 financial crisis, the election of an African American president and policies perceived as being inimical to the majority's sense of fairness.

A good online book is Thomas J. Scheff, and Suzanne M. Retzinger "Emotions and Violence: Shame and Rage in Destructive Conflicts"

Old 02-27-2016, 01:43 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post

He's obviously a great businessman and that is the main reason I'd be willing to give a chance.

This is repeated constantly, but it's really not true. Trump would be twice as wealthy today ($20B) if he just invested his $40 Million inheritance in the S&P 500, doing nothing. And that is taking him at his word that his net worth is $10B, not the $4B reported by Forbes.

Business ‘Genius’ Trump Would’ve Been Richer If He Never Touched His Inheritence Money: Analysis

Trump Worth $10 Billion Less Than If He’d Simply Invested in Index Funds | Money Talks News

Money is worshiped to such an extent in this country that every single wealthy person is regarded as smart, business savvy and Lord knows what else-without thought or question to the specifics or background.

He is an entertainer (I'll even give him a successful entertainer), not a smart businessman. My Goldfish would be richer than Trump today if he had a $40M inheritance in the 1970s that he had someone invest in index funds for him.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 02-27-2016 at 01:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections