Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 12:20 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times

Advertisements

It will be a bloodbath!

Old 02-25-2016, 12:29 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Ya know, by now, after gazillion debates, nothing anyone says will change anything. However, it would be fun to see Marco repeat a soundbite 8 times in 3 minutes, Mr. Trump accusing Ted of telling truth by mistake once in a while, Dr. Carson complaining about how he never gets equal time and then give a 30 second answer to a two part question, Kasich faking his nice, mature guy persona, so on. I have seen this before. And I will watch it again with popcorn.

Mick

Old 02-25-2016, 12:33 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
We can all make it interesting and predict which sentence, group of words or an idea Rubio will repeat. I will guess something about 'Trump not having specific policies'. (Just a wild guess).

Old 02-25-2016, 12:52 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I predict Fox News will declare Rubio the debate winner even if he falls off the stage and splits his pants.

I predict Ben Carson will have to beg for a question and then when he gets one it will be something along the lines of, "What will it take for you to leave the race?"

I predict John Kasich will tell off the moderators because doing jumping jacks to get attention would be spun as over-the-top.

I predict if anyone accuses Rubio of something that instead of addressing the accusation he will name 3 people who did the exact same thing to deflect.

I predict Donald Trump will make faces and end one or more of his answers with "I can tell you that." Take a drink every time he mentions China.

I predict both Cruz and Rubio will make mini speeches with soaring lawyer rhetoric and our eyes will glaze over. This will be especially true during closing statements.

I predict John Kasich will show up with a tan. Since no one is following his campaign, he's actually been laying on the beach in Florida for the last week.

I predict the candidates will get at least 2 questions, maybe 3, that no Republican voter cares about like Climate Change and maybe some social justice crappola from the moderator that is not Wolf Blitzer or some at-home audience Democrat .

I predict "someone" who is not a moderator will finally challenge Rubio about the H-1B visa bill for which he is responsible.

I predict Trump will get a tax return question and the holier than thou Cruz will chime in "Well, I'M willing to show MY tax return," at which time Rubio or Trump will remark something like, "That may be the only thing you've never cheated on." "You liar, you," will be an optional add on to their accusation.

I predict no one will be brave or bold enough to wear a tie that is not either blue or red.

I predict the commercial break will be long enough for you to go to the bathroom, get a snack, check the Weather Channel and make a post or two.

I predict that Cruz big donors will be in the audience as well as every member of the Republican Party supporting Rubio.

I predict a GOP debate skit on SNL this Saturday.

I predict the moderators will be complimented for their questions by people on their own network.
Surprisingly, I hope your predictions are accurate. Sounds like a fun evening. My only complaint is the SNL skit. The only candidate that is fun to watch on SNL is Larry David and Bernie.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:12 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I predict Fox News will declare Rubio the debate winner even if he falls off the stage and splits his pants.

I predict Ben Carson will have to beg for a question and then when he gets one it will be something along the lines of, "What will it take for you to leave the race?"

I predict John Kasich will tell off the moderators because doing jumping jacks to get attention would be spun as over-the-top.

I predict if anyone accuses Rubio of something that instead of addressing the accusation he will name 3 people who did the exact same thing to deflect.

I predict Donald Trump will make faces and end one or more of his answers with "I can tell you that." Take a drink every time he mentions China.

I predict both Cruz and Rubio will make mini speeches with soaring lawyer rhetoric and our eyes will glaze over. This will be especially true during closing statements.

I predict John Kasich will show up with a tan. Since no one is following his campaign, he's actually been laying on the beach in Florida for the last week.

I predict the candidates will get at least 2 questions, maybe 3, that no Republican voter cares about like Climate Change and maybe some social justice crappola from the moderator that is not Wolf Blitzer or some at-home audience Democrat .

I predict "someone" who is not a moderator will finally challenge Rubio about the H-1B visa bill for which he is responsible.

I predict Trump will get a tax return question and the holier than thou Cruz will chime in "Well, I'M willing to show MY tax return," at which time Rubio or Trump will remark something like, "That may be the only thing you've never cheated on." "You liar, you," will be an optional add on to their accusation.

I predict no one will be brave or bold enough to wear a tie that is not either blue or red.

I predict the commercial break will be long enough for you to go to the bathroom, get a snack, check the Weather Channel and make a post or two.

I predict that Cruz big donors will be in the audience as well as every member of the Republican Party supporting Rubio.

I predict a GOP debate skit on SNL this Saturday.

I predict the moderators will be complimented for their questions by people on their own network.
Good job Laura. I predict you could write the skit for SNL.

I heard that big daddy Bush and wife Barbara will be in the audience. I wonder if it's the adults night out and the kids are home with the babysitter.
That will play into the hands of conspiracy theory crowd who have claimed Bush was behind the JFK assassination should anything happen to Trump. ( I'm not saying I support the theory, but there is one out there, for those who do).

Old 02-25-2016, 01:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I think it's hosted by CNN. Moderators = Wolfman Jack Blitzer and Maria Celeste Arras.

Maria Celeste Arras worked for Univision and until 2002 when she left the network to join the rival Telemundo Network. Arrarás was honored with her name and hand-prints on a plaque on display in Mexico City. She served as a judge for the Miss Universe pageant. In January 2007. She joined Jose Diaz Balart in December 2012 as co-anchor of the internationally acclaimed Noticiero Telemundo.

She is a vocal environmental and animal rights activist that throughout the years has brought attention to issues such as climate change and the importance of protecting water supplies. Arrarás has vigorously condemned the use of animals in circuses and any kind of "sport" such as bullfighting,**** fights and rodeos.
I haven't seen any of her comments on Bullfighting.

In 2004, she co-hosted the Brown-Black Democratic Presidential Debate in Iowa for MSNBC.

I haven't watched much of the Democrats debates so I wonder do they have GOP moderators asking them questions ? I didn't see anywhere if Maria Celeste Arras was a dem or rep.

Looks like a lively debate will be in store. Will the candidates be brought on stage to the music of the Deguello ? ( slit throat song )

Will they let Cruz play it on the trumpet ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9MgguowiF0
YES, I have a prediction: I predict it really won't have a huge audience and I predict, unless someone drops a bomb shell (not literally of course) nothing will really change. I think many are getting tired of weekly debates. It is time for a break!!!! Watching M Kelly interview each last night was more interesting and informative .

Old 02-25-2016, 01:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Boring. I am tired of the same old, same old from these candidates. What could they possibly say that they haven't already said a hundred times?
We may not always agree politically but we agree on this.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
YES, I have a prediction: I predict it really won't have a huge audience and I predict, unless someone drops a bomb shell (not literally of course) nothing will really change. I think many are getting tired of weekly debates. It is time for a break!!!!
I remember listening to Cassius Clay fights on the radio before he was Muhammad Ali and the reason he drew such large crowds is people want to see someone shut his mouth for him. Turned out he wasn't bragging nearly as much as colorfully stating some facts. People will watch in hopes to see Trump be taken down. They don't want to miss that should it happen and that is why I think daddy and Barbara Bush will be in attendance.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:34 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
It will be a bloodbath!
I don't think so. Too many people talking over each other and too much moderator intervention will only result in the same old same old.

We need to have Lincoln-Douglas style debates, but the current electorate would not tune in unless there was hopes of seeing a train wreck.

Sadly, I think the only reason for people to watch the debates is the hopes of seeing "their guy beat the other guy" and "the other guy" making a mistake that can be used to ridicule him for the following week.

Politics today is nothing more than a high school football game where the outcome of "winning" is the most important thing and the principle of good governing is not even a second thought.

Our overlords have been successful in their indoctrination.

Our progressive culture has worked to demean and belittle the intellect and brilliance of our Founders, but if you just study the founding of this country, you come to realize how incredibly prescient and insightful they were!

I urge everyone to re-read Washington's Farewell Address in its entirety, https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/GPO-CD...-106sdoc21.pdf

but this section specifically relates to the dangers of a two party system and describes exactly our political process today:

Let me now take a more comprehensive view and warn you in the most solemn manner against

the baneful effects of the spirit of party, generally. This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable

from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different

shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but in those of the popular

form it is seen in its greatest rankness and is truly their worst enemy.

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge

natural to party dissension, ...

It agitates the community with ill founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity

of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to

foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself

through the channels of party passions.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:39 PM

Good post eye state your name. I agree that is the place we find ourselves in today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections