Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 09:06 AM

988 posts, read 682,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I respect your passion.

Vision doesn't sway me as much as action. That's all.

In the end, we have to vote our conscience and that is all any of us can do.

If Bernie is our nominee - I will certainly support him over Trump.
If you're female, you wouldn't have the right to vote if it weren't for Susan B. Anthony's vision. She didn't have a chance either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
What? Hillary gets more votes = Bernie wins??

And your "cite" is an opinion piece, not facts.
Oh, my God!

You keep showing that you don't what you're talking about!

Please Google "superdelegates Democratic primary" before replying to this post! Thank you!

Old 02-26-2016, 09:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
If you're female, you wouldn't have the right to vote if it weren't for Susan B. Anthony's vision. She didn't have a chance either.
Susan B. Anthony isn't running this term.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:09 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Take a look at what Chris Matthews, a strong Hillary supporter said on MSNBC the other day...Lambasting the RNC...a slip of the tongue and incredibly awkward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36bO58r2XUQ

Old 02-26-2016, 09:09 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Trashy right-wing hate site. Is that the best you can do? Sanders supporters who use those to support their arguments lose cred fast.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Susan B. Anthony isn't running this term.
I know your type. Happily accept the benefits and sacrifices of those who have vision, but doing nothing to implement actual change yourself.

So Hillary will work well with a Republican-set agenda in congress to implement minor improvements in Obamacare. Wow. Thrilling. Sounds like real change to me! <Yawn>.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:12 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Oh, my God!

Please Google "superdelegates Democratic primary" before replying to this post! Thank you!
I said votes, not super delegates. Hillary is leading in the majority of polls. If those numbers hold up, she gets more VOTES. Not super delegates. VOTES. Meaning more individual voters in the Democratic primary chose her over Bernie. If that is indeed what happens, Bernie supporters need to live with that instead of crying foul.

And in any case, super delegates have been around for decades. Just ask Sanders advisor Tad Devine, who helped design the system.

That is the Democratic primary process Sanders chose to enter. Complaining that the rules haven't been changed in his favor to apparently hand him the election even if more people (again, individual voters) vote for Clinton is far from rigging.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Trashy right-wing hate site. Is that the best you can do? Sanders supporters who use those to support their arguments lose cred fast.
The Debbie Wasserman Schultz thing about rigging the primary is all over the Internet. There are petitions by moveon and other liberals to prevent superdelegates from declaring before the voting.

Do you think that you can wave your hand and nobody will see and smell the stench of back-room cigar smoke politics around the DNC and Hillary's nomination? Go ahead. Google it. The issue has traction.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:13 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Oh, my God!

Were you unaware of the superdelegates prior to Bernie running? Is it your suggestion that Bernie was unaware seeing how he's been a superdelegate himself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Sanders supporters seem to get all their information from right-wing hates sites. Why is it they spend so much time there?

Do you suppose some of them are actually right-wingers trying to promote the Bern?

Old 02-26-2016, 09:15 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
The funny thing is that many Hillary supporters mostly support her because they think she is electable, with her immense support among African Americans and loyal Dems, and count on the "berniebots" to vote for her in the general. I am voting Jill Stein if she is the nominee and I know lots of others who will do the same or stay home as they refuse to accept being locked into an abusive political system. I will continue to phonebank for Bernie until the convention though. I have already phonebanked 3000 people so far this election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections