Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 01:40 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Fact: Trump admits it.

Donald and Ivana Trump's Divorce: The Full Story | Vanity Fair

“Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?” I asked Trump.

Trump hesitated. “Who told you that?”

“I don’t remember,” I said.

“Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,” Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”)
Allrightie then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 01:48 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
As I said, I found a source for Nunberg. He was later rehired, by the way.

You said there were two that were fired.
Trump does not endorse white supremacist groups, and his campaign has fired two staffers for posting racially offensive material on social media.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-donald-trump/

Old 02-28-2016, 01:51 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
The fact remains that there are thousands who are sympathetic with the cause of the KKK. And they make up a large part of Trump's base.
Prove it.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:53 PM

273 posts, read 140,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Not surprising considering Trump has a book of Hitler speeches next to his bedside he reads nightly and he has been caught numerous times re-tweeting white supremacists on his Twitter. Of course he plays dumb when he gets called out on it like he's playing dumb here. Of course he knows who David Duke is and of course he knows who the KKK are, and the fact he refuses to denounce either is appalling, even for someone as stupid and ignorant as Trump. Not only is he a pathetic fraud, he's a racist and a sexist, he's finished. Even if he were to win enough delegates, the GOP will block his nomination at the convention with Rule 40 or another method they have in their back pockets. Or as a last resort, they will find a good candidate to run 3rd party or Independent and take votes from Trump so Hillary wins. The GOP has enough problem with women and minority voters to have a blatant racist and sexist win the GOP nomination. This clown is finished and will be back to his garbage reality shows.
Has HILdebeast gone on record denouncing Duke or the KKK? Any other candidates?

Old 02-28-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Trump does not endorse white supremacist groups, and his campaign has fired two staffers for posting racially offensive material on social media.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-donald-trump/
Interesting article. Thanks for posting. I still have to wonder why he's pretending not to know who Duke/KKK is now. It looks bad.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:55 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Why would Trump denounce his base?

Old 02-28-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post
Has HILdebeast gone on record denouncing Duke or the KKK? Any other candidates?
They would never endorse Hillary, so she would never be asked that question.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:57 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Prove it.
Polling showed that close to half of the Republican voters in last weekend’s South Carolina primary were in favor of deporting undocumented immigrants immediately; Trump carried those voters with 47%. A whopping 74% of Palmetto State voters said they approved of Trump’s plan to put an indefinite hold on non-American-Muslims from entering the country; Trump scored 41% of those ballot-casters, “more than twice as many supporters of the ban in South Carolina as any other candidate.”

The Times also reports that Trump supporters are overwhelmingly in favor of troubling things Trump himself has not commented on.

He has said nothing about a ban on gays in the United States, the outcome of the Civil War or white supremacy. Yet on all of these topics, Mr. Trump’s supporters appear to stand out from the rest of Republican primary voters.

The data from Public Policy Polling, which the Times notes is aligned with the Democratic Party, shows that Trump has nearly double the support of voters in favor of outright banning gay and lesbian people from entering the country that Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have, and nearly five times as many supporters who support that position than Ben Carson and John Kasich.

YouGov’s data says that Trump supporters are more likely to disagree with President Truman’s 1948 decision to desegregate the military. However, Trump supporters are equally in agreement with Cruz’s that the unconstitutional internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II was a good idea at close to 33%.

P.P.P.’s numbers showed that a lower number of Trump voters in South Carolina disagreed with the idea of white supremacy than the four other candidates’ supporters. Nearly two-fifths of Trump’s base “wish[es] the South had won the Civil War” and 70% “wish the Confederate battle flag were still flying on their statehouse grounds.” According to YouGov, nationally, 20% of Trump voters would not have freed the slaves after the Civil War.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:57 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Why would Trump denounce his base?
His base? Lol get out of here, what a joke.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Polling showed that close to half of the Republican voters in last weekend’s South Carolina primary were in favor of deporting undocumented immigrants immediately; Trump carried those voters with 47%. A whopping 74% of Palmetto State voters said they approved of Trump’s plan to put an indefinite hold on non-American-Muslims from entering the country; Trump scored 41% of those ballot-casters, “more than twice as many supporters of the ban in South Carolina as any other candidate.”

The Times also reports that Trump supporters are overwhelmingly in favor of troubling things Trump himself has not commented on.

He has said nothing about a ban on gays in the United States, the outcome of the Civil War or white supremacy. Yet on all of these topics, Mr. Trump’s supporters appear to stand out from the rest of Republican primary voters.

The data from Public Policy Polling, which the Times notes is aligned with the Democratic Party, shows that Trump has nearly double the support of voters in favor of outright banning gay and lesbian people from entering the country that Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have, and nearly five times as many supporters who support that position than Ben Carson and John Kasich.

YouGov’s data says that Trump supporters are more likely to disagree with President Truman’s 1948 decision to desegregate the military. However, Trump supporters are equally in agreement with Cruz’s that the unconstitutional internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II was a good idea at close to 33%.

P.P.P.’s numbers showed that a lower number of Trump voters in South Carolina disagreed with the idea of white supremacy than the four other candidates’ supporters. Nearly two-fifths of Trump’s base “wish[es] the South had won the Civil War” and 70% “wish the Confederate battle flag were still flying on their statehouse grounds.” According to YouGov, nationally, 20% of Trump voters would not have freed the slaves after the Civil War.
Thanks for saving me the trouble. +1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections