Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 12:42 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Broken though it may be, we have a 2-party system! Why is that so difficult for people to understand? The stupidest thing for the Republican, Democrats or candidate is a spin-off 3rd party candidate with no chance of winning.

All a third party candidate does is siphon votes away from the party the individual would otherwise vote for ... and give them to the opposite party (ie; Ross Perot). Some people think they are making a 'statement' by voting for a 3rd party candidate or 'none of the above'. The only statement they are really making is, "I do not understand how the system works, so I will simply waste my vote."
In years past, that was the way it turned out, but now with Trump there, the entire ball game has changed.
If he were to run as a third party candidate, he would still come out on top, and win the election.
People being polled want Trump.
The poll numbers show that, so those people would still be voting for Trump, should he decide to run on a third party ticket.

Politics in this election is like none other in history.
It would be foolish to think a third party candidate could not win the presidency, especially if that candidate is Trump.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 12:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Some of my family really liked Rubio until he started acting weird after the debate. Trump is Trump, that is who he is, he just acts naturally. Trump hardly even attacked Rubio before this week. We actually thought Trump may make Rubio VP, because it seemed like Trump liked Rubio.

When Rubio acts the way he is acting, he is being fake. You will see him lose support. Only 1 person in my family is still definitely voting for Rubio now. Me personally, I think the GOP will run a third party candidate. The only con men are the establishment. A bunch of sore losers. The voters want Trump. 83% of GOP voters are anti-Rubio.

The GOP, led by Rubio, have no respect for the voters, or the constitution. They are the con men.
First of all; where in the heck did you get that number, 83%. You must have gotten it off one of the phony Trump websites. As for attacking Trump; I doubt any of us liked the way either of them or Cruz acted for that matter, but it was the only way to gain any traction if appeared. Sometimes, like it or not, people have to fight fire with fire.. It seems to be working; right now Rubio is the one being discussed and interviewed Many in the media say Rubio's big mistake was not doing this sooner. He is showing he has spirit and a fight in him

Old 02-28-2016, 12:55 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,482,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hillary certainly hopes so.
I agree, any combination of both Trump, Rubio or Cruz in the general guarantees Hillary a win.

Will never happen, unless the GOP prefers Hillary over Trump?

Old 02-28-2016, 01:58 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I agree, any combination of both Trump, Rubio or Cruz in the general guarantees Hillary a win.

The only thing that guarantees Hillary a win at this point is if enough Republicans stay home (again!) ... or do something stupid, like vote for a third-party candidate; allowing the Democrats to 'steal' the election by pandering to otherwise 'non-voters' with promises of more freebies.

The deceptive 'super-delegate' play by Clinton will doom Sanders on the Democrat side, unless he wakes up! ... And, why don't Sanders or the debate moderators even mention the private server security issue or Bengazie or any other negative things Hillary has been involved in? Instead, it seem like she gets a free pass, while the moderators can't seem to come-up with any questions for the Republicans that do anything, but, pit one Republican against another, while ignoring the Dems. altogether.

This whole election stinks and seems to be based largely on the belief that the voters only have a 10-minute attention span... which has proven true in the past.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:11 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post

Yep, I believe they are starting to. They would rather throw this election to Hillary and try again in 4 years rather than see a racist, sexist, xenophobic bigot like Trump destroy the GOP.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:30 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Yep, I believe they are starting to. They would rather throw this election to Hillary and try again in 4 years rather than see a racist, sexist, xenophobic bigot like Trump destroy the GOP.
Well Trump could always try again in four years too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections