Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 08:28 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Yes, she is stealing his platform and then she drops it and moves to the imaginary "center" again. She is just as untrustworthy as it gets and it becomes almost comical. Her speeches now are littered with platitudes, "break down barriers", "we all can reach our god-given potential" yadayadayada. If she gets the nomination, she'll start working for her financial overlords on the first day in office and start to cut deals to "get stuff done" (for her wealthy donors of course).
I agree.

I'm a Sanders supporter and have never voted for anyone but a Democrat for President...but Clinton is so status quo I might consider voting for Trump, especially as it appears he will move way to the center after being nominated. On the immigration thing I basically support him. I wouldn't support deportations, but basically everything else. I'm for national health insurance. I think Trump actually is too, he just isn't saying it.

Where he scares me is with the foreign policy....although Hillary is an interventionist and hawk herself so what's the difference?

She's going to say whatever she can to get elected, and she'll get in office, put someone from Goldman Sachs in charge of economic policy, allow more H1bs and do nothing to stop illegal immigration (because that's what her backers want), further hurting the middle class, the same way her husband did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 09:20 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

Where he scares me is with the foreign policy....although Hillary is an interventionist and hawk herself so what's the difference?
The difference? Trump is a hot reactor who blurts out the first thing that comes to his mind, and then sticks to it, whether it's correct or not. Clinton is much more analytical. When it comes to foreign policy, analytical is a *good* thing.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The difference? Trump is a hot reactor who blurts out the first thing that comes to his mind, and then sticks to it, whether it's correct or not. Clinton is much more analytical. When it comes to foreign policy, analytical is a *good* thing.
She sure missed Benghazi and Syria in her analysis.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:12 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
Will be wasting my vote on voting for Dr. Jill Stein as I will never vote for Hilary.
It's never a wasted vote. Always vote conscience

Old 03-02-2016, 03:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Only if analytical means sleazy.
Is that why 4 Americans were killed, because she's analytical? I have a great idea, lets arm one side in a foreign conflict and see if the other side gets mad.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:08 PM

28,094 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Under no circumstances will I ever vote for Hillary or any of the GOP candidates.

I'll either write Bernie in or vote for a third party candidate.
My sentiments exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections