Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 12:26 AM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I find it interesting that the people who tell me that Donald Trump would be a good president are the same people who told me that George W. Bush would be a good president.

Mick
Probably because you aren't paying that much attention.

The people that told you George Bush would make a good president told you this time that Jeb Bush would make a good president. Right now, they are trying to push Rubio.

Trump's base is former Jacksonian Democrats. The establishment hates him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 10:13 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Another interesting point. Republicans demanded that he give them his loyalty but now that he's winning they are attacking him.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:42 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I find it interesting that the people who tell me that Donald Trump would be a good president are the same people who told me that George W. Bush would be a good president.

Mick
100% false. Bush's neocon (aka leftist Repub., aka Rockefeller Repub.) supporters went to Rubio.

_"Once Jeb Bush supporters, Miami members of Congress now back Marco Rubio"_
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...e61846397.html

Old 02-29-2016, 12:02 PM

3,315 posts, read 2,132,650 times
Rubio, like other members of the so-called establishment, is a great choice for any voter that prefers their leaders relegated to perpetual puppet status.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:06 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Here's a kicker, I'm undecided.

I am just noting that the media is going crazy trying to convince me that Donald Trump wouldn't be a good president. The same media that got tingles up their legs over Obama.

Makes me think I need to do the opposite of what they want.
If you want to keep getting what you've been getting, take the media's advice.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:13 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Indeed, with no shortage of reasons to criticize all of the candidates equally it seems pretty clear that the anti-Trump agenda is just that: an agenda. Powerful, wealthy interests harboring an agenda don't have a good track record with honesty, let alone the best interests of the average citizen. It's certainly something to consider, or at the very least, reason to question their motivation(s).
I completely agree.

I can understand why democrats don't like Trump, but I can't understand their support for Hillary. She is completely owned by special interests groups, much more so than any other candidate in either party.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:19 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,390 times
Quote:
Well the more they attack Trump the more I am leaning toward Trump. I don't trust politicians or the media.
How exactly do you run for President without being a politician? Whatever Trump was, he is definitely a politician now by virtue of his having entered politics.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:30 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I completely agree.

I can understand why democrats don't like Trump, but I can't understand their support for Hillary. She is completely owned by special interests groups, much more so than any other candidate in either party.
They only care about the continuation of their free sh*t.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:44 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times
I think people are fed up on both sides of the aisle, and an "outsider" is going to win.

Could have been Sanders or Trump, but Sanders is getting hoodwinked on all sides, while Trump keeps gaining momentum.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:57 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Another interesting point. Republicans demanded that he give them his loyalty but now that he's winning they are attacking him.
First, I don't think they thought he would sign it. Second, I think they must be as dumb as rocks not knowing how discontented the majority are with the road the US has been on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Rubio, like other members of the so-called establishment, is a great choice for any voter that prefers their leaders relegated to perpetual puppet status.
Rubio is the GOP Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
I think people are fed up on both sides of the aisle, and an "outsider" is going to win.

Could have been Sanders or Trump, but Sanders is getting hoodwinked on all sides, while Trump keeps gaining momentum.
Yes, poor Sanders against the Democratic promise to give Hillary the nomination long ago, probably 2008. Boy, you have to give the GOP credit for trying to get Trump shut down although it is pretty stupid of them not to put that energy toward Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections