Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 01:20 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times

Advertisements

I strongly support Senator Sanders policies and programs. I am aware that the Chosen Bi**h Queen of Political Manipulation and High Priced Speeches will likely be nominated. Then I will support her in the Presidential election because compared to any of the leading Republicans she is at least sane. Maybe a bit unethical but SANE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 01:21 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You keep harping on this but you seem to have missed the fundamental fact that Democrats choose their party's nominee. Sure, they may want to take electability into account, but most polls suggest they already are.

Your insistence that Democrats should choose the candidate that independents want more hasn't and won't be what convinces Democrats how to vote.
electability is a huge issue for most democrats. I hardly ever hear people disagreeing with Bernie on the issues. Its all about that electability.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:26 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
electability is a huge issue for most democrats. I hardly ever hear people disagreeing with Bernie on the issues. Its all about that electability.
In your Bernie echo chamber? Yes, I'm sure you hardly ever hear people disagreeing. I'll admit that I spend time in my own Hillary echo chamber and I can report that there are plenty of people who disagree with him on policy and who support Hillary because they think she's right and has a better track record, and he's wrong and not as equipped to be president, not because they don't think he can win a general election. But they are, what's that word, oh yes, DEMOCRATS, not independents who are supporting someone who joined the Democratic party 3 months ago because he knew it would be a lost cause to run as the Independent he's proudly proclaimed himself to be for decades.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:29 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
He was polling over 30% in September. And he had 35% of the hispanic vote there many months ago, and he hasnt done any campaigning, any ads or anything. He cant afford any ads in Texas and other big states either, so we have to count on the grassroots to knock on doors and phonebank. Thats what democracy is about.
That's a big fat lie. Sanders ads have been playing here in the Austin market on CNN and our local NBC affiliate for almost a week straight now.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:29 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
He was polling over 30% in September. And he had 35% of the hispanic vote there many months ago, and he hasnt done any campaigning, any ads or anything. He cant afford any ads in Texas and other big states either, so we have to count on the grassroots to knock on doors and phonebank. Thats what democracy is about.
And that's going to get him not just a win in California, but a big enough win to take so many delegates it can start erasing a delegate majority?

All I hear is how much money Bernie is raising, $27 at a time. Millions of donations. He says so all the time. And now he's going to claim he can't afford to run ads? He just spent $2 million on ads in South Carolina and while I don't know the numbers, he's spending a pretty penny in Colorado. He even ran an ad during the Oscars last night.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:40 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
In your Bernie echo chamber? Yes, I'm sure you hardly ever hear people disagreeing. I'll admit that I spend time in my own Hillary echo chamber and I can report that there are plenty of people who disagree with him on policy and who support Hillary because they think she's right and has a better track record, and he's wrong and not as equipped to be president, not because they don't think he can win a general election. But they are, what's that word, oh yes, DEMOCRATS, not independents who are supporting someone who joined the Democratic party 3 months ago because he knew it would be a lost cause to run as the Independent he's proudly proclaimed himself to be for decades.
I talk to ALOT of voters. I have phonebanked more than 3000 people so far this campaign. People I talk to focus on electability and experience and other non-policy stuff. Overall, the DO NOT disagree with him on the issues.

Democrats are overwhelmingly New Dealers, not neo-liberals.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:45 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I strongly support Senator Sanders policies and programs. I am aware that the Chosen Bi**h Queen of Political Manipulation and High Priced Speeches will likely be nominated. Then I will support her in the Presidential election because compared to any of the leading Republicans she is at least sane. Maybe a bit unethical but SANE.
You'll be voting for a Democrat that you fully understand is a psychopath. Simply because you can't break your mind control, your progressive leftist conditioning.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:54 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
All I hear is how much money Bernie is raising, $27 at a time. Millions of donations. He says so all the time. And now he's going to claim he can't afford to run ads? He just spent $2 million on ads in South Carolina and while I don't know the numbers, he's spending a pretty penny in Colorado. He even ran an ad during the Oscars last night.
Bernie's not broke. Like every other candidate he's picking and choosing where to spend his millions:
Quote:
In Colorado, Sanders is outpacing Clinton, $739,000 to $401,000. In Minnesota, another caucus state, Sanders’ $883,000 beats Clinton’s $470,000.
The Vermont senator has a similar advantage in neighboring Massachusetts: $1.35 million, to Clinton’s $547,000. And he’s also outspending her in Oklahoma: $443,000 to $241,000.
Where the candidates are betting big on Super Tuesday - POLITICO

Old 02-29-2016, 02:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
You'll be voting for a Democrat that you fully understand is a psychopath. Simply because you can't break your mind control, your progressive leftist conditioning.
Trump is the bona fide psychopath. Several mental health professionals have said as much after watching extensive videos of him.

Hillary is the most sane politican out there. Cruz want a theocracy; Rubio is out there talking now about the size of Trump's penis and Trump is just bat shyte crazy.

So, Hillary, yeah.

Bernie if he gets the nomination.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:33 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump is the bona fide psychopath. Several mental health professionals have said as much after watching extensive videos of him.

Hillary is the most sane politican out there. Cruz want a theocracy; Rubio is out there talking now about the size of Trump's penis and Trump is just bat shyte crazy.

So, Hillary, yeah.

Bernie if he gets the nomination.
You people live in some kind of fantasyland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections