Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 04:35 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times

Advertisements

We don't need to get rid of you.

You are consigning yourselves to insignificance.

You had your little flutter.

It is coming to end.

The Zeitgeist is not in your favor, I'm afraid.

And that's the way it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 05:02 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post

Joe Scarborough Turns on Trump: Trump's Remarks on White Supremacists are "Disqualifying"
Scarborough is backing off as expected......

Old 03-01-2016, 05:12 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Ok, here is my take on this whole "disavow" thing. First of all, I think Trump is an idiot in general, and I would vote for a trained monkey before him. Now, that being said, so what is the big deal if the KKK endorses Trump? How does that mean anything ? Why is it necessary for Trump to even acknowledge the endorsement ?

The way I see it, if Charles Manson wants to say he thinks Trump would be great for President, SO WHAT ?? That is no reflection on Trump, it simply means someone (who might not be popular or respected) has said THEY like him.

It is not like Trump went to the KKK and said "I would like your endorsement". No, it was unsolicited and should be put in the "Who gives a damn" column. What a big ado about nothing !

Don

Old 03-01-2016, 07:38 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Scarborough is backing off as expected......
Yeah, they made up this morning. Mika even more so. Although Trump can disavow all he wants but they keep going back to his Sunday interview.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Having some dolt former klan moron say positive things about you is not the same thing as 'having an affiliation' with the Klan.Its not like they go bowling every Tuesday.
Agreed. But ~ here's the thing ~ when someone asks you if you 'disavow' the Klan, the correct answer is always YES. There really isn't a requirement for a lot of thought process here, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Looking at the video, Trump's explanation for the incident is entirely reasonable. Tapper didn't mention the Ku Klux Klan until the very end and he kind of mumbled it while Trump was in the middle of saying something else. I believe him when he says he didn't hear it.
Trump heard it all right. He repeated the words 'David Duke' over and over. He was just afraid he would alienate some of them Southern voters. To which, I think he was wrong. Disavowing Duke and the KKK would not have cost him one vote. But he is stupid enough to think it does.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:24 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Agreed. But ~ here's the thing ~ when someone asks you if you 'disavow' the Klan, the correct answer is always YES. There really isn't a requirement for a lot of thought process here, yes?

Trump heard it all right. He repeated the words 'David Duke' over and over.
... before the Klan was mentioned. Tapper was at first talking about "some of these groups" and Trump was saying, What groups... I don't know these groups. The Klan was not mentioned until the end of the segment and it was mumbled while Trump was talking.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:36 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We don't need to get rid of you.

You are consigning yourselves to insignificance.

You had your little flutter.

It is coming to end.

The Zeitgeist is not in your favor, I'm afraid.

And that's the way it should be.
Dream on. Your idol will betray us all and no one is going anywhere. All he is gonna do is make himself richer and limit any criticism against him. That will include his previous followers, they won't be able to ask why he is not fulfilling his campaign promises.

This comes from a poster who has spend years saying that those companies hiring illegal aliens should go to jail but not only is he/she voting for someone who actually has engaged in that. I found particularly hilarious that post where you defended Trump for hiring illegals saying that it was smart business.

Not only you contradict yourself and have double standards but you are delusional if you think someone who has benefited from illegal immigration for decades has any motivation to end it.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:43 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
... before the Klan was mentioned. Tapper was at first talking about "some of these groups" and Trump was saying, What groups... I don't know these groups. The Klan was not mentioned until the end of the segment and it was mumbled while Trump was talking.
That's irrelevant. He knew exactly who David Duke was and what he stood for, and he lied about it.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:57 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Trump will win, build the wall, round up and deport the illegals, keep Muslims out, and bring back jobs to America.

I know this really upsets a lot of people -- I can't think why -- but there it is.

Trump 2016, 2020!

Old 03-02-2016, 04:54 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Trump will win, build the wall, round up and deport the illegals, keep Muslims out, and bring back jobs to America.

I know this really upsets a lot of people -- I can't think why -- but there it is.

Trump 2016, 2020!
I'm pretty sure that "off the record" interview with the NYT will tell you otherwise.

....... New York Times has a "secret tape" of Trump saying that "he doesn't believe what he's saying on immigration."

"That all of his promises to secure the borders are not real and if he's president he doesn't intend to do what he says," Cruz said.

"The New York Times apparently has this on tape."

Cruz said if Trump didn't say that to the newspaper, then he deserves to have the situation "cleared up." But if it's true, voters need to know, he said.

"The voters deserve to know if he says something different when he's talking to The New York Times then he does when he's talking to the voters," Cruz said. "And we deserve to know before Super Tuesday."

Sen. Marco Rubio also called on Trump to ask the paper to release the interview. Rubio said in a news release that Trump has made his "famous issue" his plans to build a wall and be "tough on Mexico."

"Donald Trump should ask The New York Times to release the audio of his interview with him so we can see exactly what it is he truly believes about this issue that he has made the cornerstone of his campaign," Rubio said in a news release.

New York Times won't release off-the-record tape of Trump | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections