Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 04:48 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times

Advertisements

Do it, no excuses, Get out and vote now if you're in a Super Tuesday State! This is the most important election of our lifetime. Do not take anything for granted, you must vote!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 04:53 AM

228 posts, read 112,386 times
yes vote trump

Old 03-01-2016, 04:56 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Do it, no excuses, Get out and vote now if you're in a Super Tuesday State! This is the most important election of our lifetime. Do not take anything for granted, you must vote!!!!

Let's get out and vote

Old 03-01-2016, 05:12 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:

Bring your dead relatives and strangers alike.

Vote twice, ask any snowbird how to do it.

Be sure you can recognize a picture of the candidate for which you wish to vote.

If you don't vote, figure out which candidate benefited from you staying home...and then you can tell everyone who you voted for by abstinence ballot.

Ask yourself if it is okay with you that your elected representaive passes legislation without reading or understanding it, that binds you financially to support it while the legislator who passed it, exempts themselves form the law.

Would you vote for someone who promies skyrocketing energy prices?

Would you vote for someone who said a loss of 500 million tax payer dollars was a good investment despite warning that it was a bad investment?

Would you vote for a candidate who would carry on the policies of that previous office holder?

Old 03-01-2016, 05:18 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,517 times
Let's think for ourselves (use our brains) and not jump on the bandwagon!

Old 03-01-2016, 05:26 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Funny how every election is the most important election of all time. Seems like I hear that every four years, stretching back to the 1972 election.

Of course, it is important to vote. When Ronald Reagan was running for re-election, he was on TV and urged all to vote, saying something like "I would hope you would vote for me. But even if I am not your choice, it is still important for your voice to be heard, so vote".

I recall thinking it was pretty classy of President Reagan (of course, if it had been a tight race, maybe he would not have said it, but that is idle speculation).

Old 03-01-2016, 07:45 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Perhaps a lot of Dems are switching Party affiliation to vote in GOP primaries, trying to insure Thumper is the candidate in the fall. Just being registered a Repub, doesn't mean you must vote Repub in the general election. I know I thought about doing that.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:48 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,462 times
Quote:

That is exactly what I hear during every election cycle. It seems like every election cycle is the most important election of our lifetime. I heard that in 2008 and 2012.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:53 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Funny how every election is the most important election of all time. Seems like I hear that every four years, stretching back to the 1972 election.

Of course, it is important to vote. When Ronald Reagan was running for re-election, he was on TV and urged all to vote, saying something like "I would hope you would vote for me. But even if I am not your choice, it is still important for your voice to be heard, so vote".

I recall thinking it was pretty classy of President Reagan (of course, if it had been a tight race, maybe he would not have said it, but that is idle speculation).
A Supreme Court Justice died a few weeks ago under unusual and mysterious circumstances. There are relentless, orchestrated attacks on the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 10th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

Nothing less than individual liberties and the financial and industrial health and sovereignty of the United States are at stake.

Last edited by mm4; 03-01-2016 at 08:04 AM..

Old 03-01-2016, 08:08 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
A Supreme Court Justice died a few weeks ago under unusual and mysterious circumstances. There are relentless, orchestrated attacks on the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 10th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

Nothing less than individual liberties and the financial and industrial health and sovereignty of the United States are at stake.
Bah! Those are just right wing dog whistles and you are falling for it head first with both feet. Change, if any, will be incremental. It doesn't really matter who wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections