Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 10:31 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times

Advertisements

I thought Fox was pretty Trump heavy.
Both for and against him.
I could be wrong, I really don't watch too much of the "News" channels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 12:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with being liberal, for Clintons, for Democrats, for Trump...they are 100% for ratings/money...put Trump on, people watch, there is controversy and he is so unpredictable so who knows what he will say or what will happen. Purely for the eyeballs and money, its that simple.
I didn't say why it was but that is what it is. CNN over-sensationalizes many things (as does Fox with "The War on Christmas" and "Santa Claus is white," fiascos. All news networks do it to win ratings.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with being liberal, for Clintons, for Democrats, for Trump...they are 100% for ratings/money...put Trump on, people watch, there is controversy and he is so unpredictable so who knows what he will say or what will happen. Purely for the eyeballs and money, its that simple.
You said it before I had a chance to, but I agree. However, I do think it's funny that Republicans often referred to CNN as the "Clinton News Network" and they've been very rough on Hillary. They've been trying for years to compete with Fox and become less liberal. When that didn't work, they tried to move back to the center. However, hosting the debates did increase their viewer ratings, at least temporarily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I didn't say why it was but that is what it is. CNN over-sensationalizes many things (as does Fox with "The War on Christmas" and "Santa Claus is white," fiascos. All news networks do it to win ratings.
Yes, including MSNBC which I watch most nights. That's why I like Rachel Maddow. She is very liberal and doesn't hide it, but she's also very informative and welcomes guests from all sides to share their views. Chuck Todd on "Meet The Press" doesn't show bias when he hosts the show on NBC. Last week he had all the Republican candidates as guests plus Bernie Sanders. Donald Trump is often a guest on that show.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:29 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times
CNN is TRUMPTV. They bash him 24/7 . Its free publicity for Trump. They actually make him more popular by showing how desperate they are. I stopped watching CNN.

My wife said today that she had CNN on and they posted a poll on the TV showing that Trump had the lowest chance of defeating Hillary Clinton and put Ted Cruz above him.

I actually almost spit my coffee out laughing. Their propaganda on Trump is hilarious .

Old 03-01-2016, 12:34 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Trump will bring in new Republican voters.. the news network will do very well if Trump is elected.. everyone will want to know what is going on and tune in to the news cable channels.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:07 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
All Trump...All the Time!
Breaking News: We have word from our live CNN correspondent that has word Mr. Trump is about to release... a bowel movement. Now we aren't sure the size of this turd that he's about to launch...but Mr. Trump has made an announcement that it is going to be HUGEE....much much much bigger than anything Cruz or Rubio could crap out.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:37 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It seems their main focus is TRUMP did this or that today. Some new "outrage" everyday.
Of course it's clear CNN has more of a liberal slant, but it seems in their attempt to make Trump look bad they are actually giving him more publicity.
There is the saying that any publicity is good publicity.
People that are voting for Trump pretty much already knew what they were getting, he's not a Rubio, Cruz or Sanders that some people are still 'getting to know' . Trump has been in the spotlight for literally decades.

Trump has a huge advantage because he is not playing the politically correct game, unlike all the other candidates.

It makes me wonder if CNN and the other networks 'secretly' want Trump to win. I mean they are in the media business and he's obviously a big media guy always on TV with his own TV shows. Perhaps they think having a guy that "gets media" in the White House could be a good thing for them as corporations.
While CNN is still not beating Fox News, its ratings have gone up considerably and Fox News' has gone down. I don't understand why all journalists wouldn't want Trump to win. He never met a microphone or a camera he didn't like, he speaks off the top of his head and for the last 8 years they have all been complaining about White House access. Meanwhile, Hillary makes reporters run after her van for a quote and ropes them in during a parade like "git along little doggies."

I watch CNN almost all of the time now (I don't watch the Democrat debates, Democrat discussion or Democrat election coverage) and only surf to Fox News (except for these shows: Justice Janine, Harris Faulkner, Media Watch which I watch all of on weekends) and sometimes MSNBC but I suspect that during the General Election, I'll have to pivot.

If you notice, the praise CNN gives to Trump is never on policy and just about always on campaign strategy. Their regular panelists pretty much are in awe of Trump's political skills...and I love strategy talk so it's a good fit. Since Trump is on video for all of his rallies and most of his interviews I don't need to watch the news for their take on his issue stances.

I don't like Kelly or Wallace, Karl Rove or Baier's panelists...except for Charles Hurt from the Washington Times. I love that guy. He has a good column today:

"Trump’s winning streak baffles GOP Losing Club for Losers"

CHARLES HURT: Donald Trump's winning streak baffles GOP losers - Washington Times

Old 03-02-2016, 09:39 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,163 times
Why blame CNN

Look at our own City Data Election threads.

At any given time 15 of the 20 threads on the first page will be about Trump this, Trump that ...

And that is good for CD which depends on advertisers and eyeballs.

Trump is a great at manipulating media. You have to give him full credit for his mastery of the media whether you agree or disagree with him.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:15 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Why blame CNN

Look at our own City Data Election threads.

At any given time 15 of the 20 threads on the first page will be about Trump this, Trump that ...

And that is good for CD which depends on advertisers and eyeballs.

Trump is a great at manipulating media. You have to give him full credit for his mastery of the media whether you agree or disagree with him.
Yeah for sure. Just like the Kardashians and Kanye West... one of them puts out a TWEET..and it's headline news on all the websites and talking about it on TV too.

I know a lot of people say , "Yeah they just have a reality show..anybody can do that"
But no, not everyone can do that. Maybe for a season or so...but for multiple years and to have high ratings.
If it was so easy everyone would do it. There have been tons of reality shows that fizzled out quickly.

They are experts and publicity , marketing getting their brand out there, just like Donald Trump.

Just allowing people to license his name, he can make millions because the Brand is that strong.

The 'establishment' and his opponents underestimated him.
I mean Jeb was their main guy at the beginning of this race..and look how sad that turned out..$100million+ down the drain.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:41 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Just because they're covering him doesn't mean they support him.

CNN is still, and always will be, the Clinton News Network.
This.

They talk about him all of the time for the ratings. More ratings, more money.

But they actually despise Trump. CNN hates Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections