Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What will Romney say on Wednesday?
Announce he is entering the race. 4 4.35%
Endorse a non Trump candidate 5 5.43%
Criticize Trump 71 77.17%
Call for unity around whoever wins the nomination. 7 7.61%
The obligatory Other radio button 5 5.43%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 07:17 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Whatever he does announce I'm sure it will be a very rational plan to unify the party against Trump. THEN, Trump will savage Romney as the stereotypical aloof, clueless, establishment aristocrat who lost to Obama in 2012. Trump supporters will eat it up and whatever Romney announces will be DOA.

Additional radio button:
Romney implores the Establishment to respect the will of the voters and not to interfere with a Trump nomination. HA!
You got jokes. I would sit stunned for days if that happened. It won't happen, so I guess there will be no vacation.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:33 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
I know everyone thinks he is going to just criticize Trump, and I agree that's the most likely possibility .... except for the fact that FOX News is supposedly withdrawing their support for Marco Rubio.
Report: Fox News 'finished with Rubio' | TheHill
Who else is the FOX "establishment" going to put their money behind? Kasich who has no viable path to the nomination? No, I know it sounds bizarre but I think they are betting on Romney jumping in.

I think Romney is going to announce he will enter the race but probably with some sort of stipulation like there would need to be a brokered convention or something like that.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:37 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
I'm banging the old GOP is dying and they are scared ****less of going the hell. The Dems did the samething to Bernie. Dippy wassurman Schultz worked the debate schedule to keep Hillary protected etc..

I firmly believe this will completely back fire and is the last gasp of a dying breed of thieves that are desperate to keep their pockets lined with cash. It's pretty obvious to another with an IQ above the 6th grade level.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:57 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,482,819 times
Romney is a Loser, I don't care what he has to say.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:03 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Mitt Romney Coordinates Pre-Debate Speech To Set Stage For Thursday Night Ambush…. | The Last Refuge

"The GOPe is entirely too predictable. Former, and failed, presidential candidate Mitt Romney has announced his plan to deliver a full-throated attack upon the frontrunner of the 2016 presidential race in order to protect the party hierarchy from the continued grassroots uprising. (must watch video follows article).

The Washington DC oligarchy must be protected at all costs. Mitt Romney won six of 10 contests on Super Tuesday four years ago. In the Super Tuesday contests that took place this week, Trump won seven of 11 states."

On the same page, a video of Romney praising Trump, and a list of top donors Romney shared with Barack Obama.
Romney and Rubio campaigned together in Florida and we went to a rally in Land O'Lakes where Rubio ended up to be a no show after being announced to be there and at the last minute was at first a no show, then MIA and than the excuse was that his child was in an accident and the next day it was such a minor thing that it sounded like a Rubio B.S. excuse!

If Romney will trash Trump one more time than I'm close to feeling like a dumb person for even going to one of his rally's and we went to 3 so that means 3 times stupid!

Old 03-02-2016, 08:47 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
If I was a Republican I would be outraged. If I was a Trump supporter I would go ballistic.

Like him or hate him, Donald has more support of grass roots members of his party. This has-been Romney should keep his mouth shut and let the Republican voters decide who they want to be their candidate.

Romney = Loser.

As a Trump supporter/voter, I'm hoping Romney will bash Trump and endorse someone else. Trump's numbers will fly off the charts.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, cares a damn what Romney has to say. About anybody or anything.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:01 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
As a Trump supporter/voter, I'm hoping Romney will bash Trump and endorse someone else. Trump's numbers will fly off the charts.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, cares a damn what Romney has to say. About anybody or anything.
Exactly. Romney is the kiss of death to whoever he endorses. A total loser that won debate #1 against Barry and then all of a sudden takes his foot off the enemy's throat. The rest is history, it's almost as if the establishment wanted it that way, hmmmm. Screw these Rinos and Neocons to hell, the whole lot of them are beholden to the donor class not the American people.

Washington elites....the true 1%. The real boogeyman...

Old 03-02-2016, 10:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Romney is an also-ran-has-been who isn't worth the time of day. Didn't vote for him in 2012; won't vote for him in 2016; and don't really care what he has to say.

Whatever he says will inevitably be moronic.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Mittens: Listen up, America!

America: Ahhhhh, Shaddup!
That's about how I expect it to go.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:56 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Like the rest of the frauds involved in the GOPe Romney & others fight fellow republicans much harder than they ever fought democrats. Very telling.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:35 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Precident. .....when Hubert Humphrey (D) was hand selected by Democrats leadership to run vs Nixon. Primaries and Caucuses aren't binding. The whole process in selecting party representative for the general election has rules. Maybe Romney will find a way to take advantage in order to get Trump off the ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections