Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 07:15 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think Democrats believe that minorities deserve a seat at the table, unlike the Republicans.
Ridiculous comment^

If you think that only old white men are republicans, then you haven't been awake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 08:17 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Why do you keep spreading this lie. Post a single transcript or video OF CRUZ making this statement. Not some clip of an event where Huckabee, Rubio, Carson, et al appeared and spoke at. Prove your statement (which is a bald faced LIE) that Ted Cruz has EVER stated that he seeks to have gays killed or stop posting this same lie over and over. I intend to make this request every time I see this lie about Cruz.
I agree, that poster shouldn't be saying that because Cruz never said that, and I 'm not even a Cruz fan and never will be, but that's an unfair statement.

That's a disgusting comment to make, especially when it's a complete lie.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:08 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Same reason the Republicans have struggled in past few elections

I don't know what the reason is specific to Hispanics. Now would you please elaborate? Just a note however, Hispanics are obligated to respect our immigration laws just as other citizens are, am I right?

Old 03-02-2016, 10:11 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think Democrats believe that minorities deserve a seat at the table, unlike the Republicans.
Really? I could name a few blacks and other minorities that were given prominent places within the GOP. How about Condoleeza Rice just for starters.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:44 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
There are 2 other Hispanic Republican candidates, not all that impressive, but better than Trump. What does it say about the American voter - that he/she needs a loud mouth arrogant leader to follow? Unfortunately that seems to be the case...
Because despite what you hear in the corporate media, maybe not all Hispanic Americans think that illegal immigration is good for America? Especially when wages are stagnant and many middle and working class people are having problems finding good paying jobs? Or maybe some Hispanic Americans think that someone like Trump would stand up against countries like China on free trade issues? Or maybe some Hispanic Americans like his plan to drive down the costs of prescription drugs? Or simply that they are tired of bought and sold corporate politicians like the Clintons and the Bushes? There are quite a number of reasons.

Lets see how Trump begins to behave as we head toward the general election. I think he may surprise a lot of people.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:56 PM

7,634 posts, read 8,705,627 times
Race is only one attribute of a person. It's possible for someone to find things that he consider important and on which he agrees with another person even if the latter may discriminate the former's race in general. It's also possible for him to strongly disapprove another of the same race as himself. Human beings are not that simple.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:11 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,029,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Why do you keep spreading this lie. Post a single transcript or video OF CRUZ making this statement. Not some clip of an event where Huckabee, Rubio, Carson, et al appeared and spoke at. Prove your statement (which is a bald faced LIE) that Ted Cruz has EVER stated that he seeks to have gays killed or stop posting this same lie over and over. I intend to make this request every time I see this lie about Cruz.
I bet he's referring to Cruz attending the conference (referred to as the Kill-the-Gays Conference?) hosted by the right-wing pastor and radio host, Kevin Swanson, who supports imposing the death penalty for all homosexuals.

Although the Cruz campaign spokesperson stated later that it was a mistake for Cruz to attend the conference, they really didn't denounce Swanson's stance on the death penalty for gays and dodged any further comment. Cruz himself has supposedly not made any further comment either. His father is purportedly a friend and admirerer of Swanson so I can understand why Cruz probably wants to sweep the whole thing under the rug.

ETA: perhaps the media or somebody should put pressure on Cruz to address this like they're scrutinizing Trump for not strongly denouncing the KKK and David Duke.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:16 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Trump is a fraud. Republicans have a rude awakening. Trump talks a big game but the reality is as president he won't have as much control of things as he seems to think. He threatened Paul Ryan. Speaker of the house. Big mistake. He will see if he's elected.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:28 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
It's funny how so many people believe that Hispanics don't believe in the rule of law and want open borders.

The only Hispanics who think Trump is a racist are the ones who get their current events from Telemundo and the race pimps.

Can you imagine how "racist" the US would be considered if they took the same approach to immigration as Mexico?

Old 03-02-2016, 11:35 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
I bet he's referring to Cruz attending the conference (referred to as the Kill-the-Gays Conference?) hosted by the right-wing pastor and radio host, Kevin Swanson, who supports imposing the death penalty for all homosexuals.

Although the Cruz campaign spokesperson stated later that it was a mistake for Cruz to attend the conference, they really didn't denounce Swanson's stance on the death penalty for gays and dodged any further comment. Cruz himself has supposedly not made any further comment either. His father is purportedly a friend and admirerer of Swanson so I can understand why Cruz probably wants to sweep the whole thing under the rug.

ETA: perhaps the media or somebody should put pressure on Cruz to address this like they're scrutinizing Trump for not strongly denouncing the KKK and David Duke.
Just looked this up, I haven't heard about this before. Meanwhile several times over the past several days it seems like the top story is that Trump "didn't denounce the KKK"..
But he didn't attend any KKK meetings that I know of.

Why Is the Media Ignoring Ted Cruz's Embrace of 'Kill the Gays' Pastor?

But then he met with some gay businessmen and told them that he's cool with the gays and wouldn't mind if his daughter was gay..
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/24....html?referer=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections