Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:17 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,143,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Some people realize the Trump is our best chance at restoring our country before it slips into 3rd world status.
What he is saying that others will not is in bringing the REAL issues front and center to be addressed. He is actually intelligent enough to see the big picture.

He wants Muslims not allowed in the country until they can be properly vetted and everyone that cares already knows they have not come up with a system to do that. It is past time that we take our own citizens into consideration FIRST.

Trump has a lot of investments and has worked hard to build his wealth. He is a father and grandfather and he has to realize that as we slip into 3rd world status and are overrun by freeloaders coming to suck the public assistance funds dry, his children and grandchildren will suffer just like everyone else. I am not sure why it is so hard for people to understand except for the lack of "tools" they possess when it comes to economics, math, history, reading comprehension. It is all very plain for those that actually seek the answer.

If you have a photo of Trump or a membership card showing he is a member of the KKK, that endorsement or not means nothing to most people. Only the desperate, those with losing candidates, are that concerned about this so I'm guessing you are one of the desperate, the envious and feeling darn hopeless since Super Tuesday. Brace yourself because it won't get any easier for you. Always room on the Trump train. All aboard!
Sorry, but this totally sounds like the Road to 1935 to me. I would take my chances with whatever is out there before I would consider barring or banning people of a specific religion from entering this country. It's a truly disgusting thought that the USA would ever come to that. It actually sounds more like Communist Russia--the U.S.S.R., Nazi Germany but nothing close to resembling the country I grew up in.

This is a free country, and it is staying a free country, and even a dictator like Trump cannot make this his little fiefdom with all kinds of ridiculous rules and laws. Sure, let's get rid of libel laws so the press can be sued more often. That way--they will be scared to expose the truth because some big bloviator like Trump will sue them. Isn't that one of the major problems with our entire medical and auto insurance system? Litigation? Remember when conservatives wanted tort reform? Now this jerk is encouraging the expansion of lawsuits.

He wants to muzzle the press and bog them down with lawsuits? How can people be so blind to what this control freak is trying to do? Shut up the media--that would be definitely work in favor of a dictatorship wouldn't it?

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-09-2016 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 09:46 PM

22,269 posts, read 11,763,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
They tend to be poorly educated, probably on some sort of government assistance, and subsequently blame minorities for their failures in life.

That is pretty much it in a nutshell.

They are pretty much the same people who supported George Wallace in the 1960s, and their rage is amplified 1000x by a black president (who fixed a huge mess left by Republicans).
Total nonsense---and insulting, to boot. Also a very bigoted post.

And democrats all have genius level IQs? If you believe that, then I have some oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:15 PM

62,350 posts, read 28,634,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

And democrats all have genius level IQs? If you believe that, then I have some oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you.

I agree that was a disgusting post. I know many people who are Republicans who are successful in their lives and are well educated. They have nothing against minorities either.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:20 PM

62,350 posts, read 28,634,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Trump supporters often say " yeah I have some reservations about him but he says things that others will not. That is why I support him."
What do they mean? Build a wall to keep immigrants out? How different is that from what the others are saying?
Ban Muslims? Has that not already been said starting with calling Obama a Muslim and a Muslim sympathize?
But he also talks about politicians being bought and that he is not for sale. But he is himself a businessman, would he not support big business?
He was slow to disavow KKK. Do the supporters want KKK back?

No, build a wall to keep illegal aliens out not immigrants! As for Muslims we should just make sure they are properly vetted before we allow them to come here. He was slow to disavow the KKK? Well probably to you nit-picking Trump haters he was. Now you're just going off the deep end claiming that Trump wants the KKK to have any influence in this country again. Stop the hate and lies already!

Old 03-02-2016, 11:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
They tend to be poorly educated, probably on some sort of government assistance, and subsequently blame minorities for their failures in life.
it was Democrats who ran around claiming welfare stimulates, not Republicans..

Old 03-02-2016, 11:29 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,940,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I've heard AZ has some really nice beaches.

I think there are several different Trump camps.

One camp truly believes that he can do all of the things that he is promising. The wall, the deportations, all of that. I think these people may not care about or may even endorse some questionable ethnic slurs.

Another camp just wants to watch the world burn. They think all politicians are liars, and we have reached a boiling point. Why not vote for him and hope that he is a wrecking ball in DC, and knocks it all down? Campaign finance reform is one intersection that I can meet the Don.

Another camp just thinks its funny. Haha, this guy is a clown! Wouldn't it be hilarious if he was the president?

Yet another camp believes he is the only candidate that can keep a corrupt Clinton out of office, and are choosing who they think the lesser evil is.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:58 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,409,343 times
We mean everything we say in the yuuuuuugest possible way....

Old 03-03-2016, 12:35 AM

16,563 posts, read 15,105,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Trump supporters often say " yeah I have some reservations about him but he says things that others will not. That is why I support him."
What do they mean? Build a wall to keep immigrants out? How different is that from what the others are saying?
Ban Muslims? Has that not already been said starting with calling Obama a Muslim and a Muslim sympathize?
But he also talks about politicians being bought and that he is not for sale. But he is himself a businessman, would he not support big business?
He was slow to disavow KKK. Do the supporters want KKK back?
I don't think you have a question.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:35 AM

17,308 posts, read 9,126,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I've heard AZ has some really nice beaches.

I think there are several different Trump camps.

One camp truly believes that he can do all of the things that he is promising. The wall, the deportations, all of that. I think these people may not care about or may even endorse some questionable ethnic slurs.

Another camp just wants to watch the world burn. They think all politicians are liars, and we have reached a boiling point. Why not vote for him and hope that he is a wrecking ball in DC, and knocks it all down? Campaign finance reform is one intersection that I can meet the Don.

Another camp just thinks its funny. Haha, this guy is a clown! Wouldn't it be hilarious if he was the president?

Yet another camp believes he is the only candidate that can keep a corrupt Clinton out of office, and are choosing who they think the lesser evil is.
I'm not a Trump fan - he would be like my 4th choice for President.

That said - there is a group (and I'm one of them) that likes Trump because he is not afraid. He is not afraid of the Media (who tells us all who to vote for), he is not afraid of the Political Elite that "chooses" our candidates. He not afraid of the Divisive Crowd that calls everyone a "woman hater", an Immigrant hater, a RACIST, a homophobe, an Islamaphobe ....... a you name it "phobe". He is not afraid of the Big Money PAC's and the Lobby Industry.

Donald Trump is re-writing the Play Book on Political Campaigns and they are ALL in a bloody Panic.
I would add that this entire idea of sneaking in someway to deny the American people their CHOICE (which appears to be The Donald) is Reprehensible, Stupid, Arrogant and nobody should be willing to put up with it. It sickens me to see the State of Politics in this Nation today.

We have a woman who feels she is above the Laws and Ethics of common decency and a Democratic Party that just doesn't care about either of those things and we have a Republican Party that is willing to attempt to Erase the will of it's members. Either of those 2 is enough to Destroy us as a Nation.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:57 PM

15,792 posts, read 6,856,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I don't think you have a question.
OK here is the question. What are the things that he says that others will not say exactly?
To me it sounds like the hateful, bigoted things he says attracts these supporters.
If that is not the case, what is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections