Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 09:23 PM

952 posts, read 518,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What are you denying?

Obama's total lack of managing experience prior to becoming president - he didn't even have a classroom to manage as a professor, as a senator he didn't even have a committee to chair or any legislation of any significance to guide through, etc... Do you deny Obama's track record is absent of working with opposing viewpoints? Obama's resume was razor thin.

Do you deny that both Hillary and Trump have a record of working with others and managing? Trump's biggest knock in the GOP primaries had been (until resurfaced scandals) that he worked too well with Democrats to the point that he looked like a democrat.
Not living in denial, just saying I see no way that the present mind set in the house and senate is going to be any more amiable to a Trump or Clinton prez than they are to Obama.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:28 PM

207 posts, read 119,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
There are 24 GOP Senate seats up for re-election this fall. 5 are considered swing seats that are at risk to go Dem. If Clinton carries the general, then it's likely the Dems will sweep those. By winning those 5 seats the Dems will regain the Senate majority.
Great! If that nightmare comes to pass, I'll be glad I am in a remote backwoods part of the country where I can sort of ignore the fact that our country is falling apart and full of complete and utter morons.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:27 AM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
Not living in denial, just saying I see no way that the present mind set in the house and senate is going to be any more amiable to a Trump or Clinton prez than they are to Obama.
Well, we may see...keep in mind, at least half or more of the problem of stubborn politicians that can't manage and work with others will be gone come January 2017 as Obama and other congressmen leave office.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:34 AM

11,778 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post

If Trump wins - the parties know it is in their best interest to work with him other wise - their own jobs are toast - as the American people want change and thus elected Trump over the establishment. A Trump win is really what America needs right now so the people we elect will actually start working for the American people and not their own self interests.

Yes many will balk at that idea - but it is precisely their stubbornness that changed things up the past 6 yrs allowing the Tea Party to make the gains they did. If they like their job - they can keep it - but they will do what their constituents want or someone else will be elected to their position who will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections