Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 05:41 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Our state vote is tomorrow. I like both Trump and Cruz. They are both good candidates, with their own plusses and minuses. I will be happy with either as the nominee.
But I've been really torn about which one to side with tomorrow. What finally tipped the balance is this:
The liberal media and GOP Establishment don't care for one candidate. They see him as dangerous and have tried to bring him down. But the OTHER candidate drives them absolutely bats^#t crazy, and has made them absolutely lose their minds, like nobody else has. The first candidate, of course, is Cruz. The second is Trump.

So its settled then: I'm going with Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 05:45 AM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Cruz is toxic- Trump is at least more transparent

Old 03-08-2016, 06:02 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Actually, many Trump supporters openly state that he's flawed. But his unusual "plusses" outweigh the flaws.

He is a clown, to be sure. But he's our clown! A fighter and a doer.
I can't dispute that. They're all flawed. But somehow when you said this I thought of Killer clowns from outer space. Not really a jab, just free association...

Old 03-08-2016, 06:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Flexible = you ain't gonna get what you are voting for.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:12 AM

Kinda like the City Council woman here, that is getting recall voted out by her district. She thought it was her will and her power and not what her constituents wanted.

She says, It was just one thing...... Lady, that is all it takes.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Flexible = you ain't gonna get what you are voting for.
I don't understand. Are you saying that Trump is strong and inflexible?

Old 03-08-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
I don't understand. Are you saying that Trump is strong and inflexible?

I'm sure you don't want to understand what Trump means, when he says, "I'm flexible", after showing his flip-flopped stance on practically every issue.

The Bait & Switch sales.......
There are victims everyday.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:10 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
The media knows that America LOVES an underdog story. Trumps entire campaign runs on that. He sells himself as the little guy taking own the system and as ludicrous as this notion many parts of the masses eat it up. The media has been nothing but helpful in his quest.
Coincidence? I don't think so...........
he sells himself as the outsider, who understands how the system operates.

he also understands that the direction we are headed is not the direction we want to go, and he is using his OWN money to try and address that. That shows me that he understands one of the biggest problems, which is BRIBERY in government, and is addressing it even before he is elected.

i don't see that from any other candidate, especially not clinton.

:the media has been helpful" part is ridiculous, as BOTH sides come down hard on him, whether it is faux conservatives or liberal media talking about just how dangerous he is, and how his followers are either stupid, brown shirts, or mean spirited. the media says that the uneducated are the primary voting bloc for trump, when actually the voters seem to be patriotic, law abiding, job oriented, business minded, and civic responsibility types .

Old 03-08-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm sure you don't want to understand what Trump means, when he says, "I'm flexible", after showing his flip-flopped stance on practically every issue.

The Bait & Switch sales.......
There are victims everyday.
Thanks for clearing that up. If I didn't want to understand, I wouldn't ask questions...

Old 03-08-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
he sells himself as the outsider, who understands how the system operates.

he also understands that the direction we are headed is not the direction we want to go, and he is using his OWN money to try and address that. That shows me that he understands one of the biggest problems, which is BRIBERY in government, and is addressing it even before he is elected.

i don't see that from any other candidate, especially not clinton.

:the media has been helpful" part is ridiculous, as BOTH sides come down hard on him, whether it is faux conservatives or liberal media talking about just how dangerous he is, and how his followers are either stupid, brown shirts, or mean spirited. the media says that the uneducated are the primary voting bloc for trump, when actually the voters seem to be patriotic, law abiding, job oriented, business minded, and civic responsibility types .
That's not entirely true. He partially funds his own campaign, but also profits from it due to his business diversity. 25% of his expenditures go to companies he owns. He does also take contributions. Considering how little he has spent, the money coming back, and the trinket marketing, he'll make money on the deal. Just like he predicted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections