U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 09:10 AM

18,978 posts, read 15,446,852 times

Advertisements

Looks like Sanders has picked up a delegate over Clinton in Louisiana although there is still a large amount that hasn't yet been broken out by CD, so a delegate or 2 shift there is still possible.

On the GOP side in Louisiana, while it is still 100% unclear it appears that there is a little more clarity with the way the Congressional District figures are rounded. Doesn't look like the 20% required to get any statewide delegates apply to Congressional District, nor does it look like it is a winner take most on the Congressional District, but purely proportional. This would net Rubio 5 delegates, 1 each in 5 Congressional Districts and an extra delegate in Louisiana for Cruz. Some of the vote hasn't been broken out by CD yet fully so it is possible it could be revised somewhat.

Kansas
Sanders 23
Clinton 10

*Nebraska
Sanders 15
Clinton 10

*Louisiana
Clinton 38
Sanders 13

*Nebraska has a bunch of votes outstanding in Lancaster County (Lincoln) which is heavily for Sanders, but it is unlikely to have any delegate impact. Louisiana is an estimated projection, 100% is in, but only portion of the results by CD is available

Yesterday
Clinton 58
Sanders 51

Clinton 666 (hard total 596)
Sanders 463 (hard total 389)
Too Close To Call 1

*Iowa, Nevada and Colorado's delegates are finalized later in the process, estimates can be made based off Caucus night results

Democrats have a Caucus in Maine tomorrow in which 25 delegates are at stake, proportionally at the statewide and Congressional District level, 15% is needed to receive any delegates.

Republicans

Kansas
Cruz 24
Trump 9
Rubio 6
Kasich 1

Maine
Cruz 12
Trump 9
Kasich 2
Rubio 0

Kentucky
Trump 17
Cruz 15
Rubio 7
Kasich 7

*Louisiana
Trump 18
Cruz 18
Rubio 5
Uncommitted/Unpledged 5

Yesterday
Cruz 69
Trump 53
Rubio 18
Kasich 8
Uncommited 5

Totals:
Trump 391
Cruz 305
Rubio 130
Kasich 37
*Carson 8
*Bush 4
*Paul 3
*Fiorina 1
*Huckabee 1
Uncommitted 5
Who Knows 6

* Dropped out

Republicans have a Primary in Puerto Rico today. 23 delegates at stake. Winner take all if a candidate receives more than 50% of the vote, if no candidate receives over 50% of the vote delegates are awarded proportionally, however a candidate needs to receive 20% of the vote to get any delegates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 02:30 PM

18,978 posts, read 15,446,852 times
Rubio will win Puerto Rico and get over 50% of the vote so he will get all 23 delegates.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:54 PM

10,509 posts, read 3,961,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Rubio will win Puerto Rico and get over 50% of the vote so he will get all 23 delegates.
It appears so. The race has already been called for Rubio, who has 74% of the vote with 32% reporting.

2016 Election Center - Presidential Primaries and Caucuses

Unfortunately for him, Puerto Rico does not get to vote for President in November.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:55 PM

14,690 posts, read 10,577,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It appears so. The race has already been called for Rubio, who has 74% of the vote with 32% reporting.

2016 Election Center - Presidential Primaries and Caucuses

Unfortunately for him, Puerto Rico does not get to vote for President in November.
No, but the Democrats and independents will, and they are more likely to vote for him in a head-to-head against Hillary than they would Trump against her. Poll after poll after poll has shown that.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:57 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,298,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Rubio has been declared the winner of Puetro Rico. Right now he is at 75%. That might go up or down, but he'll get enough to make it winner-take-all.
I thought the Hispanics just loooooved Trump?

Old 03-06-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Sure, sure they do.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:23 PM

10,812 posts, read 8,029,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
But, yes, New Yorkers in FL might help Drumpf. Just as NY, itself, long taken for granted by Democrats, might come into play for Drumpf in the general election--but not simply because that's his home state.

Just a little something for Dems to think about...
Clinton's a long-time NY resident also, was elected twice to the Senate there by very large margins (55% and 67%).

Old 03-06-2016, 03:29 PM

10,817 posts, read 10,143,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
For what it's worth, Trump did beat Cruz (The other Hispanic candidate) in Puerto Rico.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:45 PM

So, Rubio is the first Republican to win a majority in any primary.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:09 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,378,007 times
This win is important because there are a lot of Puerto Ricans in Central Florida and this might indicate republican Cubans will be inclined to also vote for Rubio.

I don't know how many Puerto Ricans are registered as republicans though I think they tend to vote for democrats. A lot of Cubans are republican though.

I have said it before, there is a good probability Trump won't win Florida. Cubans are not like Mexicans, they vote because they are very political. I should know since I have put up with Cuban exile politics for decades. I even called once a station when I was 14 to fight with them. There were no internet forums back then LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or