Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 11:22 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times

Advertisements

Results so far:

2016 Nebraska Democratic Caucuses
Bernie Sanders - 2706 votes (60.7%)
Hillary Clinton - 1750 votes (39.3%)

Last edited by Daywalk; 03-05-2016 at 11:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 11:46 AM

Any chance for Hillary to catch up?

Old 03-05-2016, 11:47 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
wow, The Bern is on fire! Too bad the system is rigged for Clinton or else he may have had a real shot.

Clinton hearts superdelegates.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
wow, The Bern is on fire! Too bad the system is rigged for Clinton or else he may have had a real shot.

You are deeply misinformed since Hillary has earned 1.4 million more votes nationally than Sanders so far.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:55 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
You are deeply misinformed since Hillary has earned 1.4 million more votes nationally than Sanders so far.
She has won big in deep red states-where African Americans constitute nearly 90% of the Democratic voters. Bernie is winning in blue states and swing states. I'd be very nervous if I were a Clinton supporter.

Clinton's "firewall" cannot vote again. Those states are over with at this point.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:55 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post

I agree that the system is rigged for Clinton. I am sure she was promised this nomination if she supported Obama after they took her only chance at being POTUS away.

I don't trust anything with the Clinton name on it. Bernie is brave to face off against her since we know "stuff" happens to people that challenge the Clintons.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
She has won big in deep red states-where African Americans constitute nearly 90% of the Democratic voters. Bernie is winning in blue states and swing states. I'd be very nervous if I were a Clinton supporter.

Clinton's "firewall" cannot vote again. Those states are over with at this point.
I thought Bernie supports democracy, but you are suggesting that some votes should not count in the nominating process...
And you are still Wrong, Hillary got 228,000 more votes than Sanders in the largest swing state that has voted, Virginia. Sanders only got 23,000 more votes than Hillary in Colorado...

Old 03-05-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I agree that the system is rigged for Clinton. I am sure she was promised this nomination if she supported Obama after they took her only chance at being POTUS away.

I don't trust anything with the Clinton name on it. Bernie is brave to face off against her since we know "stuff" happens to people that challenge the Clintons.
You are being ignorant and stubborn for ignoring people's votes...

Old 03-05-2016, 12:02 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
I thought Bernie supports democracy, but you are suggesting that some votes should not count in the nominating process...
And you are still Wrong, Hillary got 228,000 more votes than Sanders in the largest swing state that has voted, Virginia. Sanders only got 23,000 more votes than Hillary in Colorado...
What?? When did I say that? I'm saying there are not many states like that left in the nominating process. Bernie is in the driver seat now.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:09 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

I am supporting Sanders, have donated several times to his campaign, will vote for him in the Primary in NY next month. With that being said there are a few things that needed to be pointed out because wearen't doing ourselves any favors by not having a true realization where things stand at this point.

1. You are correct that Clinton has performed best on deep red states and the overall lean of the early Primary states tilts Republicans. However, the AA vote in some of these southern states whwile certainly more than 50%, isn't exactly near 90% either.

2. There are a few more of those states coming up (Louisiana, Mississippi)

3. Sanders could very well fair better in some of the remaining states than he has to this point, as many of them tend to be more liberal (especially among Democratic voters). However, its complete naive to think he is in the Driver's seat at at this point. clinton's margins in many of these states were large which has given her a 196 Pledged Delegate lead. That will not be easy to make up. Bernie still has a chance, no question this isn't over, but Clinton is clearly in the driver's seat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections