U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 04:17 PM

14,590 posts, read 9,653,546 times

Advertisements

So Trump comes out 11 delegates down by losing Kansas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 04:25 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,249,741 times
Looks like Trump got shlonged in Kansas...

Old 03-05-2016, 04:32 PM

19,186 posts, read 14,973,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
And, Trump proves he isn't a racist because if he were, it would be a landslide for him! I have been in 12 states, lived in 3 southern states and this is the most racist state I have lived in. I am from MI and loathe KS, check the KS forum.

This state has so many problems. I am sure that you have heard about Governor Brownback and how he spent tax dollars that we couldn't afford to lose on fighting SSM. We have really high taxes here, low incomes and lots of illegals which the businesses just love in KS.

While I live here now, this is not my state, but I am ashamed to be associated with a state would choose Cruz. Churches and liquor stores dominate even the smallest towns here.

So, if Trump didn't lose Kansas, everyone that called him a "racist" needs to reevaluate that assessment.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:37 PM

4,665 posts, read 2,623,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
And, Trump proves he isn't a racist because if he were, it would be a landslide for him! I have been in 12 states, lived in 3 southern states and this is the most racist state I have lived in. I am from MI and loathe KS, check the KS forum.

This state has so many problems. I am sure that you have heard about Governor Brownback and how he spent tax dollars that we couldn't afford to lose on fighting SSM. We have really high taxes here, low incomes and lots of illegals which the businesses just love in KS.

While I live here now, this is not my state, but I am ashamed to be associated with a state would choose Cruz. Churches and liquor stores dominate even the smallest towns here.

So, if Trump didn't lose Kansas, everyone that called him a "racist" needs to reevaluate that assessment.
Wow, I just lost all respect for you. Sorry. Take you and your hatred out of the state please.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:37 PM

6,183 posts, read 3,502,306 times
Quote:
We voted for Trump this morning. Cruz has not won KS. We used paper ballots and I suspect the early votes coming in are from the "sticks", those that want Cruz to get the country ready for the end of times and kill off the gays in the process.

While 42% are in, it has to be the smaller precincts with the actual count of the votes.

KS is, well, it is not the state I would choose to be in and plan to "fix" that in the very near future.

Unless the majority of the population has poop for brains, Cruz should not win.
Unable to rep you.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:43 PM

29,299 posts, read 39,654,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Electorally, it is meaningless. What we need to see if it's just evangelicals being evangelicals. I think that is the case. When Cruz has to run in the non-religious states, he may stumble badly. Rube would be the one to watch then. But Rube has to survive Florida and after this dismal showing today, that looks less likely. So in a Cruz versus Trump, who does the moderate support? Quite a dilemma. Maybe Kasich does win it in the end.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:44 PM

19,186 posts, read 14,973,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Wow, I just lost all respect for you. Sorry. Take you and your hatred out of the state please.
Do you think I care if you respect me or not. You flatter yourself. I am sorry you consider my evaluation of your racist state "hatred" but I expect that. I am sure that the Cruz voters loved what was done to Carson, a black man.

Seriously, I don't give a darn what you think of me. I am sure I know more about Kansas than you'll ever know in your lifetime. I have lived in 6 different areas of the state.

The thing I hear most in KS from Kansans is "Kansas sucks!"

Old 03-05-2016, 04:47 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,122,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I am starting to take Ted Cruz seriously, did not do so until these partial results in Kansas, and now Maine, and I've read some of his policies stances on issues.

If Cruz wants to sway Trump supporters, he should emphasize his tough stance on illegal immigration, including a border fence (or wall).

He should also emphasize that, in the end, he voted against the Trans-Pacific Partnership. However, in my opinion for the wrong reasons. He still seems to be in favor of free trade and mentions no renegotiations or restraints.

He has some interesting ideas on tax reform; he does not actually call for abolition of the IRS, but changing it as we know it.

I am not sure that I like his intentions of meddling with the Federal Reserve: quantitative easing has already ended, the Fed seems intent on slowly raising interest rates, and I see potentially significant changes coming in the global monetary system by force of pure economics (and despite counterproductive policy initiatives) that may actually favor people with average incomes on US soil. He should probably butt out of things he knows little about, especially when a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, and let the laws of economics take their natural course.

He could help, though, by some thoughtful renegotiations of trade agreements and some creative restraints on trade, in addition to ending illegal immigration.

He does have some interesting ideas on regulatory policy.

He does call for an all-of-the-above energy policy, which is good, but a bit disappointed that he does not mention alternative energy research which I think deserves government attention, perhaps public/private partnerships.

His stance on Russia troubles me: Ukraine is not worth stirring up trouble with Russia; our enemies are other.

On the positive side, he does not seem obsessed with toppling Assad, another stupid US foreign policy idea.

His health care financing policy seems to be simply repeal ACA with no suggestion on how to improve health care financing policy. In this one area I believe the inevitable direction should be toward a single-payer system.

************************************************** *********************************
I really wish he would drop all references to social and religious issues, which should not be public issues at all, but private ones.

But unfortunately that sort of red herring seems to comprise the bulk of his support and probably won't lead to success in a general election.

Somebody tell me that I am wrong.
Unfortunately(?) you are NOT wrong. The reasons you laid out are similar reasons why I really don't want to vote for him.
At this point, I don't know if I can vote for any of the Republicans that are left.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:48 PM

I'm a moderate and I just didn't vote, but I'm not a registered Republican either. The only remaining Republican I would vote for is Kasich, but he doesn't stand a chance except in some sort of brokered convention. I don't like Cruz, but I dislike Trump even more, so I was happy to see him get beat so badly in my state Kansas.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Do you think I care if you respect me or not. You flatter yourself. I am sorry you consider my evaluation of your racist state "hatred" but I expect that. I am sure that the Cruz voters loved what was done to Carson, a black man.

Seriously, I don't give a darn what you think of me. I am sure I know more about Kansas than you'll ever know in your lifetime. I have lived in 6 different areas of the state.

The thing I hear most in KS from Kansans is "Kansas sucks!"
Ok. You sound like a happy person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or