U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 06:09 AM

1,245 posts, read 757,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What? You don't want a guy who told America there was "nothing wrong" with the size of his penis having access to the nuclear codes?

I'd bet Trump considers his male organ his number one job qualification.
Rubio was the one to bring up the "male organ" stuff. Let me guess the left wing media left that part out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 07:09 AM

19,717 posts, read 11,562,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
your link doesn't work. Read here he has reversed his stance, with explanation Donald Trump reverses position on torture, saying he would abide by law | US news | The Guardian
Not so fast. First, one can't just do a 180 degree turn on a matter of torture and following the Geneva Convention and expect that to get a pass. We expect anyone who is running for president to abide by the law as a minimum and we also expect candidates to be knowledgeable enough about national matters like torture to know that it violates U.S. and international laws and conventions. Since he had to reverse himself after learning of this, it means Mr. Trump is woefully ignorant on many fundamentals needed to be president.

Quote:
Speaking of dictators we already have one, too bad you refuse to take notice!!
Thanks for letting us know. I was under the impression that we had an election in 2008 and again in 2012 and Mr. Obama won handily. Thanks for setting me straight that he's really a dictator. Who knew?
Quote:
If you can't understand people are sick of political correctness, the obama administration lawlessness, the open borders, and many other things, these issues are why donald trump is so popular.
First, there is a difference between political correctness and vile, filter-free, gutter speech that's unbecoming the leader of this nation. We should all note the difference.

Second, If you are going to accuse the Obama Administration of lawlessness you have an obligation to cite the lawlessness you are referring. I don't know of any.

Third, we don't have open boarders. See the definition. EU countries have open boarders, where persons can move from one EU country to another without border checks. The U.S. doesn't have that.

Trump is popular among a particular segment, people who feel afraid of outsiders and want someone who seems strong to fix their problems. He's their f'you candidate. The fact remains that while Mr. Trump talks tough on everything, he hasn't demonstrated details on how he will accomplish those goals. The two plans that he did release, his tax-plan and his health plan are a complete disconnect from what he said he wants to do. The tax-plan bestows yuge tax-cuts on the wealthy and blows up the deficit. His health plan throws millions off of their current plan and forces them to save money to afford medical care, which most people can't do.

See:
http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/Uploa...s-tax-plan.pdf
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/04/up...-his-plan.html

Old 03-06-2016, 09:14 AM

32,532 posts, read 30,656,328 times
Quote:
Rubio was the one to bring up the "male organ" stuff.
I wasn't exactly thrilled with that either. Trump did not have to respond. He chose to bring it up on national TV.

If Trump wants to talk about his penis.....he should see a urologist.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-06-2016 at 09:23 AM..

Old 03-06-2016, 09:24 AM

12,358 posts, read 7,747,157 times
Quote:
Rubio was the one to bring up the "male organ" stuff. Let me guess the left wing media left that part out.
Maybe so but Trump has mentioned it at his rallies every since. Over and over again because he want everyone in America to know he thinks he's got a big one. He's like a little boy who can't let go of anything. No pun intended.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:24 AM

19,030 posts, read 12,208,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Not so fast. First, one can't just do a 180 degree turn on a matter of torture and following the Geneva Convention and expect that to get a pass. We expect anyone who is running for president to abide by the law as a minimum and we also expect candidates to be knowledgeable enough about national matters like torture to know that it violates U.S. and international laws and conventions. Since he had to reverse himself after learning of this, it means Mr. Trump is woefully ignorant on many fundamentals needed to be president.

Thanks for letting us know. I was under the impression that we had an election in 2008 and again in 2012 and Mr. Obama won handily. Thanks for setting me straight that he's really a dictator. Who knew?
First, there is a difference between political correctness and vile, filter-free, gutter speech that's unbecoming the leader of this nation. We should all note the difference.

Second, If you are going to accuse the Obama Administration of lawlessness you have an obligation to cite the lawlessness you are referring. I don't know of any.

Third, we don't have open boarders. See the definition. EU countries have open boarders, where persons can move from one EU country to another without border checks. The U.S. doesn't have that.

Trump is popular among a particular segment, people who feel afraid of outsiders and want someone who seems strong to fix their problems. He's their f'you candidate. The fact remains that while Mr. Trump talks tough on everything, he hasn't demonstrated details on how he will accomplish those goals. The two plans that he did release, his tax-plan and his health plan are a complete disconnect from what he said he wants to do. The tax-plan bestows yuge tax-cuts on the wealthy and blows up the deficit. His health plan throws millions off of their current plan and forces them to save money to afford medical care, which most people can't do.

See:
"gutter speech"?

Apparently Hillary frequently uses the "f bomb" in conversation and is very vulgar. http://selwynduke.typepad.com/selwyn...-vulgar-m.html

This is the funny thing about those who support Hillary- they cannot assume "the higher ground" on any issue, as Hillary and Bill are as corrupt and vile as they come. Hilllary has a very lurid past which has been effectively concealed by the media, but will be revealed in complete clarity in the general election- and it will be very ugly. Imagine the debates and all of the political ads, which will replay Hillary's own words and show how cold and corrupt she actually is. It's hard to hide from your past in a political campaign when you are facing an opponant that has no reservations about revealing such issues and has very deep pockets.

I'll bet the "what difference does it make" line, coupled with tear jerking accounts of the Benghazi victim's families will be great. The "who do you want to answer the 3am phone call" 2008 ad, coupled with all the disasters in the Middle East will be great. Put in a few pro-NAFTA, pro-China, fake "war on women" lines coupled with Bill's assaults, and pro Wall Street lines Hillary has stated, as well as her love for Saul Allinsky, and you have a set of very entertaining ads.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:25 AM

9,984 posts, read 6,761,808 times
This issue is a non-sequiteur. Trump adjusted his stance for public
consumption because in reality the Geneva Convention guidelines
are violated consistently when there is a need to do so, and often
when there is not. War crimes and clandestine operations are a
fact of life.

"I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States,
and I will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

As THE ONLY Commander In Chief of the military agencies, the President commands those
who are sworn to defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
and to direct their actions in the fulfillment of this responsibility.

These duties supercede international treaties. His responsibility is to the
people of the United States.

I shouldn't have to inform anyone that the Geneva Convention guidelines have
been violated by numerous Presidents, world leaders, world militaries, weapons
manufacturers, and thousands of mercenary soldiers and contracted assets
who are paid by the US government and other governments.
I can assure you that many people were tortured by those employed by the
Pentagon and others. There are secret "unofficial" prisons in places like
the Balkans and in Poland and even the Ukraine, and even on islands where
under-the-radar interrogation techniques involving a whole lot more than
pouring water on someone's face take place.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 28 days ago)

58,180 posts, read 40,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Trump wants to make America great again. In our city, we are overwhelmed with illegals and building sit empty at the industrial park and in the downtown area. We have people that have given up looking for work and have joined the illegals in sipping down the tax dollars. We have people with 3 jobs here to try to make ends meet.

Do you really thing I give a flying fig what is being posted here. Trump 2016.

So what's the plan with Trump, move to China and work in one of his sweat shops?

Old 03-06-2016, 10:13 AM

22,297 posts, read 9,471,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"gutter speech"?

Apparently Hillary frequently uses the "f bomb" in conversation and is very vulgar. SelwynDuke.com: Hillary Clinton's Vulgar Mouth

This is the funny thing about those who support Hillary- they cannot assume "the higher ground" on any issue, as Hillary and Bill are as corrupt and vile as they come. Hilllary has a very lurid past which has been effectively concealed by the media, but will be revealed in complete clarity in the general election- and it will be very ugly. Imagine the debates and all of the political ads, which will replay Hillary's own words and show how cold and corrupt she actually is. It's hard to hide from your past in a political campaign when you are facing an opponant that has no reservations about revealing such issues and has very deep pockets.

I'll bet the "what difference does it make" line, coupled with tear jerking accounts of the Benghazi victim's families will be great. The "who do you want to answer the 3am phone call" 2008 ad, coupled with all the disasters in the Middle East will be great. Put in a few pro-NAFTA, pro-China, fake "war on women" lines coupled with Bill's assaults, and pro Wall Street lines Hillary has stated, as well as her love for Saul Allinsky, and you have a set of very entertaining ads.
And this treatise is related to Trump and the Geneva Convention how?

Old 03-06-2016, 10:13 AM

26,635 posts, read 9,061,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I wasn't exactly thrilled with that either. Trump did not have to respond. He chose to bring it up on national TV.

If Trump wants to talk about his penis.....he should see a urologist.

Interesting logic !!! To go along with it Americans have regular appointments with the proctologist. If you want to keep your proctologist you can ? Please clap !!!

Old 03-06-2016, 02:13 PM

1,245 posts, read 757,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

See:

If the border is secured how did they get in?
700 miles of U.S.-Mexico border still insecure, congressional investigators say - Washington Times

Here is homeland security deciding to keep us even more unsecured then we already are Fewer Agents Projected to Patrol Border

Operation choke point to attack the 2nd amendment under the radar
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-choke-point/

Using the IRS to harass those awful conservatives and tea party people
Issa: The IRS is Still Targeting Conservatives - Katie Pavlich

Here is a list 75 Times Obama Broke Law During Presidency Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Here is an even bigger list of obamas lying, lawbreaking, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste and much more

You have a lot of reading to do, it won't be a quick task. I suggest you get your news at the drudge report instead of cnn, msnbc, and all those left wing websites & TV channels, they tell you what they only want you to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or