Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 05:10 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
He would be pure poison. He wants a Christian theocracy and for his cult religion to reign supreme. Ted Cruz's campaign is fueled by a dominionist vision for America (COMMENTARY) - Religion News Service

It is terrifying to listen to those "ministering" associated with his faith. There is a "darkness" to it.
He thinks the world needs to be cleansed; he doesn't care about people who don't follow his narrow views; his church regards gays about the same as IS although the irony is they have much more in common with them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 05:12 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
I'm not sure Hillary will win the presidency.

Cruz won't be the Republican nominee. This topic is moot.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:14 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,175,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
Hillary wipes the floor with Ted Cruz in the general election. If the polls don't show that at the moment, it's because the electorate is uninformed about Ted Cruz's positions. He is a dream candidate for a certain segment of the electorate, but not most of America. Pro-choice alone would swing even more women towards Hillary than are already inclined to support her.

To me Cruz would be dangerous if he happened to make it to president because he is an ideologue who is smart enough to make his own decisions. Somebody like Trump would be surrounded by advisers a la Ronald Reagan, so at least you would get decisions by committee.
Hillary will be mopping floors but it won't be against Ted or any other Republican nominee. She will be doing it while dressed in orange!

Old 03-05-2016, 05:15 PM

115 posts, read 72,168 times
Its obvious..........

He's a real conservative who happens to be far right..

Old 03-05-2016, 05:15 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Cruz is against "immigration reform" (a euphemism for amnesty). While I don't like Cruz, that is probably the only positive thing about him. Yet, the video lists this as a negative, which it is not.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:21 PM

988 posts, read 682,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Hillary will be mopping floors but it won't be against Ted or any other Republican nominee. She will be doing it while dressed in orange!
Well, that made me laugh , but I'm not so sure you're right. Even if she's guilty of something big (which I don't think so), we're talking about the oligarchy here. She's got money and connections.

I'm not much of a Hillary supporter, more of a Bernie guy. But anyway, I don't think Cruz is a strong national candidate. He's the opposite of fuzzy wuzzy. He's straightforward about what he thinks, and it's not going to play in a lot places.

Of course, I've been wrong before, about just about everything. Best.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:28 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Cruz is against "immigration reform" (a euphemism for amnesty). While I don't like Cruz, that is probably the only positive thing about him. Yet, the video lists this as a negative, which it is not.
No, he is not against "immigration reform". That is where he has tangled himself up by forgetting what lie he last told:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CwVrfydjOI

And, although he says that he was "bluffing", it certainly doesn't sound like it and as we know, deceitfulness is against a sin and his basing his actions on that.........

Here he refuses to answer the question as to whether he would deport illegal parents with anchors and they all have 4 or 5 of them, they were out shopping today on "welfare" weekend here in KS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XFwpooE7q8

One of his biggest liabilities is his lying so maybe a match for Hillary? Ted Cruz

Cruz wants to take away our religious freedom unless we are a part of the cult that he wants to get ready for the "end of times".

And, yes, I thought only ISIS wants to "kill the gays" and along comes Ted and his religious liberties group. Of course, they will do it in the name of their "god" not THE GOD.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:31 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,730 times
A Trump voter calling out another candidate for lying? That's the definition of irony.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:33 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No, he is not against "immigration reform". That is where he has tangled himself up by forgetting what lie he last told:
Good to know.^

Thanks!

Old 03-05-2016, 05:35 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
A Trump voter calling out another candidate for lying? That's the definition of irony.
Yeah, you beat me to it. Hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections