U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 07:26 PM

15,648 posts, read 8,760,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Have you not been paying attention to the nonstop personal attacks and bashing that Trump has been engaging in for months now? Why is it okay when Trump does it but dirty tricks when everyone else does?

What is truly tragic is that I am celebrating a Ted Cruz victory tonight. Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever predicted that! And yet, any day that Donald Trump loses is a good day indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 07:40 PM

15,648 posts, read 8,760,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump is a common sense conservative. The Rinos are do nothings and attack Trump with talking points of dems.. so who is acting like a Rino?
He is no more a conservative then I am. He never was. He can be anyone you want him to be as long as he is getting attention.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:41 PM

14,561 posts, read 9,631,062 times
Trump going down was inevitable. I am surprised it took this long. This is the tear down phase and pumping up of Cruz.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:46 PM

8,401 posts, read 9,860,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Death by a thousand cuts. They said they would take him out no matter what it took. Too bad it's not their boy Rubio who would benefit.
The sad fact is they are cutting up half of America, cutting us down. It's not like there won't be consequences to that. People aren't going to just go back to their old views of the establishment.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:15 PM

27,147 posts, read 15,686,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If Trump "isn't a globalist" but has used Chinese labor for his Macy's clothing lines; undocumented workers for his real estate properties; and contractors who used illegal labor, then what is he? I realize that narrative works with some but I see the forest from the trees when it comes to The Donald, a man who I use to somewhat respect. Now I see him for the "do what I say, not as I do" bag of primordial pond-scum he really is.
I had a rep reply about this previous point...
Quote:
The politicians in place (globalists)make it hard for people to do business here. This is part of the global agenda Trump wants to change
I don't agree that politicians are the globalists for "making it hard for people to do business here." Part of this
"make it hard to do business here," is the EPA. The EPA is a needed evil. Without it, would we honestly see companies go green or decide not to pollute the water supply or land? We've seen it time and time again, look at Flint, MI right now and that isn't even a global agenda. I don't buy Trump not being a globalist either with his Macy's dealings, his use of Hispanic workers whether through contractors or employees as well as his various hotels and towers internationally including UAE, Israel, Turkey, Ireland and the Philippines. He's just as dirty as anyone else.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:56 AM

244 posts, read 126,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I am surprised that no one has mentioned the Republican Party Rule 40(b) which mandates that the nominee must get a majority of the voters in at least 8 states.

It seems to me only two candidates left - Trump and Cruz - has any chance of attaining that requirement. I cannot see Rubio getting over 50% of the GOP vote in 8 states.

The Republican establishment might turn the rule into a mechanism to create a brokered convention. If the "elites" in the GOP are dead set against Trump getting the nomination they will come up party rules and regulations to deny him the nomination.

This is just an opinion, but I'm sure the GOP establishment is aware they will infuriate all those grass roots loyal Republican voters who supported Donald by denying him the prize he deserves ... they will knowingly throw the election to the Democrats. Why would they do this? Because, I believe, they will make an example of Donald as a future warning to any outsider that dares to challenge their exclusive little "club." I know this is a crazy idea - please disagree with me and articulate why you think my opinion is wrong - but I think they are looking at the BIG PICTURE, not just one election.

It's their party, their organization, and their rules.

Would be foolish because it would forefit any trust or power in future elections they would prob lose the house and senate not to mention Hillary could nominate Rachel Maddow to the Supreme C. This would actually create a bigger outsider candidate next cycle.

Bottom line, its a nuclear option. They are better off supporting Trump and hoping he wins . If they were smart they would cut a deal with him .... WE back you at the top of the ticket and we pick your VP and staff. Win-WIN for both sides. Reagan and Bush bascally did this and Bush W with Dick Cheney with his neocon friends did as well.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:45 AM

27,147 posts, read 15,686,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlmike View Post
Would be foolish because it would forefit any trust or power in future elections they would prob lose the house and senate not to mention Hillary could nominate Rachel Maddow to the Supreme C. This would actually create a bigger outsider candidate next cycle.

Bottom line, its a nuclear option. They are better off supporting Trump and hoping he wins . If they were smart they would cut a deal with him .... WE back you at the top of the ticket and we pick your VP and staff. Win-WIN for both sides. Reagan and Bush bascally did this and Bush W with Dick Cheney with his neocon friends did as well.
Trump would have to give up control to do that. I don't see him doing that.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:23 AM

244 posts, read 126,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump would have to give up control to do that. I don't see him doing that.

The most important thing to Trump is being seen as a WINNER. He'd do it for that reason alone.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:40 AM

10,829 posts, read 4,141,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Trump is like a stuck record, except when he goes back and changes his tune after someone tells him he better clean up his act a bit. I am not going to take a chance on trump, if I can help it. Ted Cruz is rising. He does not personally attack others and he knows his stuff. He is the one to get this country back on the right track or there will not be a country left for the leftist bloodsuckers to drain dry.
Ted Cruz can't win the general election.

He's way too conservative.

His supporters need to wake up.

If it's between Cruz and Bernie or Hillary, then Bernie or Hillary will win in a landslide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump is a common sense conservative. The Rinos are do nothings and attack Trump with talking points of dems.. so who is acting like a Rino?
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Cruz got the support of the conservative talk radio and the religious right in the South. The South was his firewall and lets look at the results:

South Carolina: Lost
Georgia: Lost
Alabama: Lost
Arkansas: Lost
Kentucky: Lost
Louisiana: Lost
Tennessee: Lost
Texas (home state) won
Oklahoma: won
Kansas: won

He went 3 out of 10 in the South.......we still got North Carolina and Mississippi which are primaries not caucuses and are open to independents and Democrats. So at the end Cruz will get 3 out of 13 in the South.

then it shifts to states that are not very good for Cruz.

Cruz didn't do well in the South.......he had to sweep the South to have any chance for the nomination and he only will get 3 states? that's bad. Rubio did the worst that's why Cruz failings in the South is not getting proper attention.
Yes, Cruz can't even win "his own" people.

But there are some here who think he can win the general election.

They also don't seem to understand that the Republican Establishment hates Cruz.

They are just as interested in denying him the nomination as they are in denying Trump the nomination.

Quote:
If the establishment backs Cruz, that will be the end of him. What he has going for him is the fact that he has convinced people he is an outsider. He had me convinced until I learned about TPP and the amnesty bill he amended in order to help it pass.
Yes, Cruz is a big phony.

But you don't hear about that, because he isn't in the lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I am surprised that no one has mentioned the Republican Party Rule 40(b) which mandates that the nominee must get a majority of the voters in at least 8 states.

It seems to me only two candidates left - Trump and Cruz - has any chance of attaining that requirement. I cannot see Rubio getting over 50% of the GOP vote in 8 states.

The Republican establishment might turn the rule into a mechanism to create a brokered convention. If the "elites" in the GOP are dead set against Trump getting the nomination they will come up party rules and regulations to deny him the nomination.

This is just an opinion, but I'm sure the GOP establishment is aware they will infuriate all those grass roots loyal Republican voters who supported Donald by denying him the prize he deserves ... they will knowingly throw the election to the Democrats. Why would they do this? Because, I believe, they will make an example of Donald as a future warning to any outsider that dares to challenge their exclusive little "club." I know this is a crazy idea - please disagree with me and articulate why you think my opinion is wrong - but I think they are looking at the BIG PICTURE, not just one election.

It's their party, their organization, and their rules.
The Republican Party will be finished if they deny Trump the nomination.

The Trump supporters will leave the party -- permanently.

Quote:
He believes in American sovereignty and wants to preserve it. He's not a globalist like the puppet masters to our politicians. This is why there is so much backlash against Trump.
Exactly.

If Hillary's the nominee, I predict a lot of Sanders voters will go for Trump. Both share an anti-globalist agenda.

Hillary, Rubio, Cruz -- they're all owned by the back room dealers in Washington and on Wall Street.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:38 AM

18,977 posts, read 15,437,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Ted Cruz can't win the general election.

He's way too conservative.

His supporters need to wake up.

If it's between Cruz and Bernie or Hillary, then Bernie or Hillary will win in a landslide.

Well said.

Yes, Cruz can't even win "his own" people.

But there are some here who think he can win the general election.

They also don't seem to understand that the Republican Establishment hates Cruz.

They are just as interested in denying him the nomination as they are in denying Trump the nomination.

Yes, Cruz is a big phony.

But you don't hear about that, because he isn't in the lead.

The Republican Party will be finished if they deny Trump the nomination.

The Trump supporters will leave the party -- permanently.

Exactly.

If Hillary's the nominee, I predict a lot of Sanders voters will go for Trump. Both share an anti-globalist agenda.

Hillary, Rubio, Cruz -- they're all owned by the back room dealers in Washington and on Wall Street.

The idea the Sanders supporters (I am one of them) is going to go to some loudmouth lunatic like Trump is absolutely absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or