U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 01:13 PM

1,900 posts, read 832,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post

I truly don't get that mindset, but if you have the entitled attitude of "I get to do what I want to do when I want to do it. If anyone else is inconvenienced, well that's too bad for them. My feelings of what I want to do are more important"....
Agreed!

Quote:
they deserve having a can of "whoop-arse" opened on them....next time, know your place and behave
And here you derail again.
You know where this mindset was also prevalent? In virtually every fascist or Authoritarianism regime. If you stand out in a negative way or dare oppose the authority you get beat down. Know your place and play to the tunes of the leaders or else.......
Punishment that fits the crime? Not in our world, no Sir! "they" deserve EVERYTHING they get!
No wonder Trump and his followers admire Putin so much!

Brave new world......

Old 03-06-2016, 01:16 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,129,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
I hope everyone is paying attention to this horrific phenomenon of violence at virtually every Trump rally, where peaceful protesters are being physically assaulted by Trump fans at their leader's urging while the crowd cheers them on. This Trump thing needs to stop before someone is seriously injured or killed.
Why are they protesting someone they don't like instead of supporting their own candidates?

Protesters at Trump rally sole purpose is to be annoying and disruptive. Once they are removed, they start crying to the media about how they were treated.

No one is buying into that peaceful protester excuse. They knew exactly what they were getting themselves into.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:19 PM

30,094 posts, read 16,633,526 times
Quote:
Proving my point for me....if you disagree with the detractor, you are labeled as Racist....I see how that works for you

How does that work for me?

I'm not the one screaming racial epithets and shoving people NOR am I in the marines.

Talk to the marines bud.

OR watch the video. It's pretty self-explanatory and if you are calling someone a ni**er - it's a given that you are a racist and a whole wide swath of people including employers will want NOTHING to do with you.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:23 PM

273 posts, read 109,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Agreed!

You know where this mindset was also prevalent? In virtually every fascist or Authoritarianism regime. If you stand out in a negative way or dare oppose the authority you get beat down. Know your place and play to the tunes of the leaders or else.......
Punishment that fits the crime? Not in our world, no Sir! "they" deserve EVERYTHING they get!

Brave new world......
I am not derailing....you basically agree that a person who goes to a PRIVATE event, their individuals feelings and wants outweigh the vast majority....again, PRIVATE event....not like they are protesting at a public park. How would you feel, say at your child's wedding, an invited guest stands up and starts protesting

Old 03-06-2016, 01:25 PM

11,087 posts, read 4,876,068 times
Quote:
Agreed!

Brave new world......
Yes...I find this emerging attitude very disturbing indeed.

However, the dangers of such an attitude are being glossed over with the trendy proclamation of 'not being politically correct'.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:26 PM

26,364 posts, read 24,533,991 times
Quote:
Could Trump comments, while she was being shoved around by his followers, be any more a case of poor choice of words?

He said "...in the old days, which isn't so long ago, when we were less politically correct that kind of stuff wouldn't have happened.........."

I hate to be presumptuous but I can't help but think Trump knows exactly what he is doing and what a big parts of his audience is. That would also explain his KKK and Duke debacle. Trump is too clever and well versed in PR to let something like this happen on accident.
Trump Well VERSED in PR.....HAH, I'm a Trump follower and he is not at all well versed in PR, if he were, he wouldn't come out with the ridiculous comments he comes out with. Trump is unable to filter anything, or hide his feelings about anything...he's real, up front and out in the open.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:26 PM

14,676 posts, read 9,733,469 times
Quote:
Totally agree....let's think about this. Your mindset is that you are going to a private event, with the sole purpose of disrupting it

I truly don't get that mindset, but if you have the entitled attitude of "I get to do what I want to do when I want to do it. If anyone else is inconvenienced, well that's too bad for them. My feelings of what I want to do are more important"....they deserve having a can of "whoop-arse" opened on them....next time, know your place and behave
I recall how I felt when they kicked Sanders off his stage. I said I hope and pray they try this at a Trump rally and see what happens. I am sure the people in the audience felt the same way so they were ready for them. Last night the CNN reporter tried to shame Trump and make him responsible for everything that goes on at his rallies. I am glad he stood firm.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:27 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,399,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Wouldn't you expect that if multiple grown men were taking turns pushing a teenage girl around that someone in the crowd of 10,000 would step in and try to protect the girl? Trump fans just cheer and film it with their phones like the assault of a teenage girl is nothing but entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXq_WBV3_YI
Disgusting people. These people need to be charged with assault.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I am not derailing....you basically agree that a person who goes to a PRIVATE event, their individuals feelings and wants outweigh the vast majority....again, PRIVATE event....not like they are protesting at a public park. How would you feel, say at your child's wedding, an invited guest stands up and starts protesting
To answer your question;
I wouldn't like it, although the analogy is a bit off, comparing a wedding to a political rally.
But even so, my solution would not be to incite the other guest and tolerate, them acting out in a mob mentally by verbally and physically abusing the individual.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Trump Well VERSED in PR.....HAH, I'm a Trump follower and he is not at all well versed in PR, if he were, he wouldn't come out with the ridiculous comments he comes out with. Trump is unable to filter anything, or hide his feelings about anything...he's real, up front and out in the open.
Nope. I fear that is exactly what he wants you to think. Him being "real" and it is working. The guy is playing the crowds like a fiddle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or