U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 01:57 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,378,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So to review:

He makes jokes from the stage about hurting people.

Consequently, his supporters routinely kick and shove people around.

He assures them that if they do hurt someone, no worries, he'll pay their court costs.

But he is entirely blameless for his supporters' actions?

You do see the gaping flaw in that logic, don't you?
That's what Trump supporters have said so far.

They are probably now drowning in cognitive dissonance, googling the whole WWW trying to find something to defend their master. We heard all kinds of excuses to justify his past behavior:
"it's a joke"
"That's not what he meant"
"he didn't know"
"that's who Trump is"
"they deserve it"
"it's the media"
"Trump evolved 5 seconds ago"
"you need to be institutionalized, Trump is perfect"
etc etc etc.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:06 PM

15,366 posts, read 5,690,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
It's life, just in a different form. I did not know of Trump's appearances at WWE events. When I watched the videos my respect for him actually went up. I realized this is just him. I understand you may not like this and prefer a more measured attitude like Obama. That's fine. Trump just isn't for you.
I guess that's the difference between us. I want my president to hold himself to a higher standard than to behave like one of the ridiculous and juvenile contestants in the WWE. Apparently, a WWE persona as your president is good enough for you.

But I will say the analogy of Donald Trump and WWE is a good one. The WWE is filled with guys who have big mouths and big egos and no class and who are as phony as a three dollar bill. Yep, that sounds like Trump all right.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:07 PM

1,858 posts, read 818,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
That's what Trump supporters have said so far.

They are probably now drowning in cognitive dissonance, googling the whole WWW trying to find something to defend their master. We heard all kinds of excuses to justify his past behavior:
"it's a joke"
"That's not what he meant"
"he didn't know"
"that's who Trump is"
"they deserve it"
"it's the media"
"Trump evolved 5 seconds ago"
"you need to be institutionalized, Trump is perfect"
etc etc etc.

You could easily just sum that up, in their favorite mantra.

'Trump tells like it is and doesn't do PC'.

That officially validates and justifies EVERYTHING he might say or do. Of course it only counts when Trump and his followers do it. Because obviously him and his flock are the only ones who know how to tell it like it is and be non-pc.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:55 PM

465 posts, read 197,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post
I see how you think....you point to a few supporters at a rally who you perceive as racist, so you generalize as say "Trump supporters are all racist"....hmmmmmm, sure, that is logical
Hey, I'm just telling it how it is, and being non-PC. I thought you guys liked that?

Old 03-06-2016, 03:01 PM

26,631 posts, read 11,163,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Seriously? Do we have to go find the quotes to prove you wrong? Let me think... paraphrasing, but here goes
-on the media - I hate them, I wish they were dead, but I wouldn't kill them
-it's freezing outside, take their coats
-I could shoot someone on the streets and my supporters wouldn't care

that's enough for now. Hope someone comes up with links for more!
Trump made them do it right? Because people aren't responsible for their own actions right?

Old 03-06-2016, 03:03 PM

26,631 posts, read 11,163,576 times
Quote:
I guess that's the difference between us. I want my president to hold himself to a higher standard than to behave like one of the ridiculous and juvenile contestants in the WWE. Apparently, a WWE persona as your president is good enough for you.

But I will say the analogy of Donald Trump and WWE is a good one. The WWE is filled with guys who have big mouths and big egos and no class and who are as phony as a three dollar bill. Yep, that sounds like Trump all right.
A higher standard? LMAO Like the standard you hold your buddy Obama, the bald faced liar, too? Your presidential standards are in the gutter.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:06 PM

15,366 posts, read 5,690,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
A higher standard? LMAO Like the standard you hold your buddy Obama, the bald faced liar, too? Your presidential standards are in the gutter.
So you don't dispute that Trump has a big mouth and big ego and no class and is as phony as a three dollar bill? Good of you to admit it. That's always the first step.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:12 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,298,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You have to keep in mind that Trump is talking about the Wall. That will shut off a main artery for illegal drugs which are big business in the US. Suppliers do not want that happen and neither do the users. Also, illegal immigrants sucking the public assistance teat are fearful that their free ride is over. You have a lot of low lifes that don't want Trump in office so being of a "lower" form of life to begin with, they present an annoyance and a danger.
Mexicans can build tunnels, even into prisons. Have you forgotten that?

Also, in places where the wall already exists, they use catapults to get drugs over the wall. They are also using drones for drug delivery.

A wall is not going to stop drug trafficking.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:29 PM

1,577 posts, read 575,251 times
Quote:

Exactly

Trump is a joke. He shows no leadership qualities that would be admirable nor worthy of respecting. The fact remains, his rallies show a lot of hostility and violence something that is not happening at other candidates rallies.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:31 PM

1,577 posts, read 575,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodom28 View Post
Do any of you even watch Trump's rallies???
Just yesterday in Orlando, he pleaded his supporters not to hurt a man, that they were all kicking.

Trump doesn't encourage violence at his rallies at all.

However, he does make jokes about hurting people...but doesn't do it

Did you listen when he said that, he pointed out that he was only saying not to hurt the man so the media wouldn't criticize him, NOT because he actually cared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or