U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-08-2016, 12:13 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 4,107,455 times
Reputation: 8528

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post
Break out firehoses and police dogs, end the protest real quick
Break out firehoses and dogs because of one protester at an indoor rally?


^ See, this is the kind of mindset people are concerned about, more so than Trump. This is what he's enabling. This is what people think will escalate the more traction and power Trump gets.

 
Old 03-08-2016, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,495 posts, read 20,840,695 times
Reputation: 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I ask you a question and you attempt to insult my intelligence. .
No, you asked a question and couldn't handle my answer, which was spot on.

Concentrate on the facts: people go to Trump rallies to disrupt them, are prevented from doing so, and cry foul. Why don't they simply avoid trouble, and go to rallies for their chosen candidate?

You know the answer as well as I do. Stop defending troublemakers.
 
Old 03-08-2016, 12:29 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 4,107,455 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
No, you asked a question and couldn't handle my answer, which was spot on.

Concentrate on the facts: people go to Trump rallies to disrupt them, are prevented from doing so, and cry foul. Why don't they simply avoid trouble, and go to rallies for their chosen candidate?

You know the answer as well as I do. Stop defending troublemakers.
No, you didn't answer my question. Try again.

So, it's not okay for someone to disrupt a rally (agreed), but it's okay for those supporters to not have self control and react with violence?

No one is defending troublemakers. I've literally said multiple times the protester shouldn't have disrupted the rally. I even put AGREED in the question I asked you.
 
Old 03-08-2016, 12:46 PM
 
44,352 posts, read 17,716,609 times
Reputation: 18666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
B. Hypocrisy from Trump supporters, if let's say, there was a violent outbreak at a BLM rally. The hypocrisy goes all ways, though.

C. (Your third point, there.) There is also video upthread of him saying quite the opposite. It sends a mixed message, and all it takes is one person to act on it. Is there more video of what this woman did? If it was violent, then where were the police officers? Trump does himself no favors, which I'm sure he doesn't care, but his supporters can't be surprised when he/his supporters/incidents at his rallies/etc., are met with criticism.

There is no accountability from his supporters. I've asked multiple posters why it's not okay for a protester to disrupt a rally, but it's okay for supporters to respond with violence and no self-control. I've yet to get a straight answer and only met with immature insults. No accountability. Only justification.

But of course, this is blown out of proportion by the media, similar to the hand raising thing (which was odd).
  • Don't understand the BLM point. But sounds like you are trying to make up a hypothetical situation so you can then shoot it.
  • Sure he said it and the media took it out of context. Real question is this - Did protester get hurt ? Nope. His security made sure the protester was not hurt. As I said, go watch some of his rallies and see for yourself instead of taking MSM nonsense as fact.
  • I'm a supporter. I'm saying it's not OK for adults to fight. Period. It's an anecdotal response to your anecdotal response. That is a straight answer and I didn't insult.
  • Agreed. Media blows things out of proportion. This topic proves it.
 
Old 03-08-2016, 12:51 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 4,107,455 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
When you start trouble, other peoples' reactions -- be they benign or injurious -- are your fault. Are you reaaly saying America should apologize for declaring war on Japan after Pearl Harbor -- that we showed insufficient self-control?

Got it? Good!
Did you just make a comparison of this incident to Pearl Harbor? Wow. That says it all. Among other things.


By the way, go ask the guy who won't be joining the USMC if there are consequences to poor reactions and lack of self-control.




Friendly Suggestion: You shouldn't insult others' intelligence when you make typos in your own posts.
 
Old 03-08-2016, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,495 posts, read 20,840,695 times
Reputation: 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Did you just make a comparison of this incident to Pearl Harbor? Wow. That says it all. Among other things.


By the way, go ask the guy who won't be joining the USMC if there are consequences to poor reactions and lack of self-control.




Friendly Suggestion: You shouldn't insult others' intelligence when you make typos in your own posts.
You're flailing, having failed to successfully defend those who attend political rallies solely to disrupt them. You know as well as I that anytime you stick your nose into other people's business, it's liable to be bloodied.
 
Old 03-08-2016, 12:59 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 4,107,455 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
  • Don't understand the BLM point. But sounds like you are trying to make up a hypothetical situation so you can then shoot it.
  • Sure he said it and the media took it out of context. Real question is this - Did protester get hurt ? Nope. His security made sure the protester was not hurt. As I said, go watch some of his rallies and see for yourself instead of taking MSM nonsense as fact.
  • I'm a supporter. I'm saying it's not OK for adults to fight. Period. It's an anecdotal response to your anecdotal response. That is a straight answer and I didn't insult.
  • Agreed. Media blows things out of proportion. This topic proves it.
I think there's a disconnect on the BLM point. In other words, certain actions are okay, when it's the actions of those you support. But when it's a group one opposes in the same situation, they may have a different response. However, that's not something exclusive to Trump supporters.

Oh, I know, I've watched his rallies, as I have the other candidates. Like I said, I doubt any of this bothers him, anyways.

This wasn't a generalization of all Trump supporters. Trump supporters, as with any candidate, fall under multiple categories. It just so happens this thread has revealed some of his supporters that are...not the nicest people you'll ever come across, whether it's labeling those who have a differing opinion as "retards" or suggesting attack dogs or firehouses for protesters, given this country's history.

This topic proves it? Ha, the majority of topics on this forum prove that. I'm still young, but I'm fortunate enough to have learned to take what they say with the tiniest grain of salt at an early age.
 
Old 03-08-2016, 01:00 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 4,107,455 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
No, you didn't answer my question. Try again.

So, it's not okay for someone to disrupt a rally (agreed), but it's okay for those supporters to not have self control and react with violence?

No one is defending troublemakers. I've literally said multiple times the protester shouldn't have disrupted the rally. I even put AGREED in the question I asked you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You're flailing, having failed to successfully defend those who attend political rallies solely to disrupt them. You know as well as I that anytime you stick your nose into other people's business, it's liable to be bloodied.
Lord have mercy.
 
Old 03-08-2016, 01:03 PM
 
273 posts, read 108,701 times
Reputation: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Break out firehoses and dogs because of one protester at an indoor rally?


^ See, this is the kind of mindset people are concerned about, more so than Trump. This is what he's enabling. This is what people think will escalate the more traction and power Trump gets.
I am saying the self absorbed entitlement mindset has to end. The "I want to do what I want to do, and if infringes on other people, let them get over it because what I want is most important"....No, it's not.

I remember seeing one of Bernies rally, where this so called protestor goes up on stage and interrupts him and takes over the mic....WTF is the mindset of a person like that? Nobody is there to see you

Is it your contention we should try to negotiate with this idiot as they interupt and spew away?

Last edited by schvuggie; 03-08-2016 at 01:12 PM..
 
Old 03-08-2016, 01:09 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 4,107,455 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post
I am saying the self absorbed entitlement mindset has to end. The "I want to do what I want to do, and if infringes on other people, let them get over it because what I want is most important"....No, it's not.

I remember seeing one of Bernies rally, where this so called protestor goes up on stage and interrupts him and takes over the mic....WTF is the mindset of a person like that? Nobody is there to see you

Is it your contention we should try to negotiate with this idiot as they interupt and spew away?
And your solution is attack dogs and fire hoses.

Yeah, if there was only such a thing called "middle ground".

Have security/police escort them out and tell them if they come back, they will be arrested for trespassing and prosecuted. No need for shoving from non-peace officers, threats or slurs. It's called being an adult, diffusing the situation quickly and efficiently and moving on with the rally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top