Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 01:30 PM

273 posts, read 139,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yes...I find this emerging attitude very disturbing indeed.

However, the dangers of such an attitude are being glossed over with the trendy proclamation of 'not being politically correct'.
Clarify for me....do you have an issue with the protesting group, or the group protesting the protestors?

I don't want to misunderstand, but it sounds like you are saying it's ok to protest, but if you react to the protestors, then that is disturbing

Unless you are of the mindset that thinks it's ok to protest if YOU agree with the cause, the ones you don't agree with are "disturbing"

Old 03-06-2016, 01:31 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So you're saying that Trump is treating his presidential run like a WWE event? I totally agree with that. The only difference is, you seem to think that's okay, and I don't.
It's life, just in a different form. I did not know of Trump's appearances at WWE events. When I watched the videos my respect for him actually went up. I realized this is just him. I understand you may not like this and prefer a more measured attitude like Obama. That's fine. Trump just isn't for you.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:31 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,278,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yes...I find this emerging attitude very disturbing indeed.

However, the dangers of such an attitude are being glossed over with the trendy proclamation of 'not being politically correct'.
Agreed.
I's amazing to actually witness live how one person can so easily sway the masses by promoting hatred and fear!

Old 03-06-2016, 01:32 PM

62 posts, read 37,676 times
Do any of you even watch Trump's rallies???
Just yesterday in Orlando, he pleaded his supporters not to hurt a man, that they were all kicking.

Trump doesn't encourage violence at his rallies at all.

However, he does make jokes about hurting people...but doesn't do it

Old 03-06-2016, 01:37 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post
Clarify for me....do you have an issue with the protesting group, or the group protesting the protestors?

I don't want to misunderstand, but it sounds like you are saying it's ok to protest, but if you react to the protestors, then that is disturbing

Unless you are of the mindset that thinks it's ok to protest if YOU agree with the cause, the ones you don't agree with are "disturbing"

I'm fine with peaceful, non-disruptive protests, and I'm fine with peacefully removing anyone disruptive.

I'm against violence on either side.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:40 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Could Trump comments, while she was being shoved around by his followers, be any more a case of poor choice of words?

He said "...in the old days, which isn't so long ago, when we were less politically correct that kind of stuff wouldn't have happened.........."

I hate to be presumptuous but I can't help but think Trump knows exactly what he is doing and what a big parts of his audience is. That would also explain his KKK and Duke debacle. Trump is too clever and well versed in PR to let something like this happen on accident.
Of course that's what he meant. He knows very well what he is doing. Anyone who thinks his words are just "an accident" is an idiot. The "old days" when blacks knew their place.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:41 PM

465 posts, read 256,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post
Proving my point for me....if you disagree with the detractor, you are labeled as Racist....I see how that works for you
No...if you SUPPORT a racist and act on that support in a racist way (i.e. assaulting minorities who protest) THEN you're a racist. That's how that works.

Funny how, for the most part, the only people who fail to see the racism of Trump supporters...are Trump supporters themselves. Democrats, fellow republicans, the media, entertainment mediums, and regular working folks like myself, have all addressed the racism in Trump's campaign ad nauseum, but when addressed with facts, the typical Trumpeter response is that it is all a left-wing conspiracy to take down the messiah.

It's like the whole world is trying to tell y'all that you have a giant booger on your face, and instead of looking in the mirror and addressing it, you're content to stand there and scream about how you don't have a booger on your face.

So now, were all collectively grossed out by the giant booger on your face, and astounded at your refusal to see or address it.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:45 PM

273 posts, read 139,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik1680 View Post
No...if you SUPPORT a racist and act on that support in a racist way (i.e. assaulting minorities who protest) THEN you're a racist. That's how that works.

Funny how, for the most part, the only people who fail to see the racism of Trump supporters...are Trump supporters themselves. Democrats, fellow republicans, the media, entertainment mediums, and regular working folks like myself, have all addressed the racism in Trumps campaign ad nauseum, but when addressed with facts, the typical Trumpeter response is that it is all a left-wing conspiracy to take down your messiah.

It's like the whole world is trying to tell y'all that you have a giant booger on your face, and instead of looking in the mirror and addressing it, you're content to stand there and scream about how you don't have a booger on your face.

So now, were all collectively grossed out by the giant booger on your face, and astounded at your refusal to see or address it.
I see how you think....you point to a few supporters at a rally who you perceive as racist, so you generalize as say "Trump supporters are all racist"....hmmmmmm, sure, that is logical

Old 03-06-2016, 01:50 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Mentally disturbed, because we disagree with the Trump? That is the craziest statement I have heard in awhile. So, because we think and we have an idea that the Trump could be a fanatic, irrational, and way out of control for a presidential candidate we are mentally disturbed? Yikes, this is getting way beyond crazy. People want to ask the Trump questions, why is he afraid of questions? He incites anger and violence.

There have been candidates and even presidents, in my lifetime, that I could not stand and disagreed with. This is the first time an actual candidate for president has worried and frightened me. What decisions would he make as Commander in Chief or any decisions about the welfare of the USA?

Seriously, molly, you need to get a grip.

No one said that all anti-Trumps are "mentally disturbed". They were talking about those anti-Trumps who crash his rallies for the sole purpose of malicious disruption---these aren't the innocent anti-Trumps who just want to ask him a question. Got it? Now, calm down.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:51 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodom28 View Post
Do any of you even watch Trump's rallies???
Just yesterday in Orlando, he pleaded his supporters not to hurt a man, that they were all kicking.

Trump doesn't encourage violence at his rallies at all.

However, he does make jokes about hurting people...but doesn't do it
So to review:

He makes jokes from the stage about hurting people.

Consequently, his supporters routinely kick and shove people around.

He assures them that if they do hurt someone, no worries, he'll pay their court costs.

But he is entirely blameless for his supporters' actions?

You do see the gaping flaw in that logic, don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections