U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 10:40 AM

7,086 posts, read 4,088,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Everything you just typed is incorrect. Like most people do - you describe yourself.

Have you ever seen a psychologist?
I am rubber and you are glue...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 10:57 AM

988 posts, read 491,270 times
Quote:
Everything you just typed is incorrect. Like most people do - you describe yourself.

Have you ever seen a psychologist?
You made one good point earlier. The world does need liars. It's not the job for me, but you seem to have found a home. Just keep an eye on that one. Seriously.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:38 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,902,440 times
Quote:
I'm actually in favor of lying. Have you ever tried telling the actual truth 24/7? It's damn impossible and certainly impossible in Corporate America.
I agree, but there's a difference between lying and diplomacy, which is what I think you're really talking about. I mean, I was never high on the food chain, but when I shook hands, I always said, "It's a pleasure to meet you." Imagine if you said to a client or manager, "You could really use some deodorant and a breath mint."

Does anyone remember when Jason Chavetz held up a chart on national TV during the Planned Parenthood hearing and insisted it was from the organization's own records? Not only was the data shown incorrect, but it came from a 2015 post on a website called "Americans United for Life." I was thrilled when a Grand Jury indicted the people who made the fake video. (don't hear too much from the GOP about that now) So imagine what they'll do with transcripts from the woman who might keep their party from winning the White House a third time.

Bernie said in earlier interviews he would not ask Hillary to release those transcripts and has only changed his tune because he is so far behind. Maybe it was his strategy all along, that is, to look like a nice guy who refuses to run a negative campaign. I only know that if Hillary were shushing and wagging her finger while Bernie was speaking, the headlines would be very different. I'm not just talking about the last debate either. He can't stand still during any debate and is always waving his hands around, wagging his finger and making gestures. He looks like an annoyed grandpa scolding his grandchildren. He's very animated which makes him more appealing to many people. Unfortunately, the same rules don't apply to Hillary or most women. Even when she raises her voice, the media calls it "shouting."

Last edited by justNancy; 03-08-2016 at 01:50 PM..

Old 03-08-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree, but there's a difference between lying and diplomacy, which is what I think you're really talking about. I mean, I was never high on the food chain, but when I shook hands, I always said, "It's a pleasure to meet you." Imagine if you said to a client or manager, "You could really use some deodorant and a breath mint."

Does anyone remember when Jason Chavetz held up a chart on national TV during the Planned Parenthood hearing and insisted it was from the organization's own records? Not only was the data shown incorrect, but it came from a 2015 post on a website called "Americans United for Life." I was thrilled when a Grand Jury indicted the people who made the fake video. (don't hear too much from the GOP about that now) So imagine what they'll do with transcripts from the woman who might keep their party from winning the White House a third time.

Bernie said in earlier interviews he would not ask Hillary to release those transcripts and has only changed his tune because he is so far behind. Maybe it was his strategy all along, that is, to look like a nice guy who refuses to run a negative campaign. I only know that if Hillary were shushing and wagging her finger while Bernie was speaking, the headlines would be very different. I'm not just talking about the last debate either. He can't stand still during any debate and is always waving his hands around, wagging his finger and making gestures. He looks like an annoyed grandpa scolding his grandchildren. He's very animated which makes him more appealing to many people. Unfortunately, the same rules don't apply to Hillary or most women. Even when she raises her voice, the media calls it "shouting."
This post is incredible.

First of all, if Hillary were wagging her finger at Bernie, there would have been no headlines! Or if there were, they would have been congratulatory for her having defended her right to speak after he interrupted her. She interrupted him! Good God. I wouldn't have minded hearing him say, "Shut up!" She was trying to undermine his time to speak.

I do agree with your point about shouting though. It is wrong for the media to characterize Hillary raising her voice as shouting.

As far as the speeches go, here's a hypothetical for you. Let's say we find out that Donald Trump spoke in private to the KKK, to coordinate the robot calls. Transcripts exist, but he has signed a non-disclosure agreement with the clan. Do you still take the line that nobody should be able to see his speech, nothing to look at here, move along, his business, nobody else's?

Right...

Old 03-08-2016, 04:58 PM

19,373 posts, read 17,476,403 times
Trump voters are angry, Hillary voters are too stupid to be angry. Sanders voters are harder to pin down.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Trump voters are angry, Hillary voters are too stupid to be angry. Sanders voters are harder to pin down.
We're ethical, idealists, you know the type. We agree with Hillary on a lot of issues, but we're appalled by her character, ties to the banks, military-industrial complex, and support for wars in the Middle East.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:35 PM

29,997 posts, read 16,591,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Well, according to unwilling - this is a bold faced LIE and you would be lyin Nancy! Just tell the muckity mucks that they srsly need a breath mint. :roll eyes:

That way you can rest easy at night.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:24 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,902,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
This post is incredible.

First of all, if Hillary were wagging her finger at Bernie, there would have been no headlines! Or if there were, they would have been congratulatory for her having defended her right to speak after he interrupted her. She interrupted him! Good God. I wouldn't have minded hearing him say, "Shut up!" She was trying to undermine his time to speak.
No, what's incredible is that you take what I write out of context. I was not referring to when Bernie was interrupted. I was talking about his mannerisms. I noticed this well before the last couple of debates. This isn't anything new. Example, here's an article from Feb 12.

[url]https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/12/bernie-sanders-wags-his-finger-a-lot-and-people-are-starting-to-talk-about-it/[/url]

Quote:
I do agree with your point about shouting though. It is wrong for the media to characterize Hillary raising her voice as shouting.
Thank you. Well at least we agree on something!
Quote:
As far as the speeches go, here's a hypothetical for you. Let's say we find out that Donald Trump spoke in private to the KKK, to coordinate the robot calls. Transcripts exist, but he has signed a non-disclosure agreement with the clan. Do you still take the line that nobody should be able to see his speech, nothing to look at here, move along, his business, nobody else's?

Right...
Now you're the one being ridiculous. You might hate Goldman-Sachs, but it is not a hate group.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:40 AM

5,607 posts, read 3,662,519 times
Quote:
Right, universal health care in every other developed nation on earth means it has "zero chance of ever being enacted" in the U.S. Real pie in the sky here. Something that everybody else has done.

List of things that couldn't be done: freeing slaves, granting women the right to vote, organizing labor, civil rights, etc. etc. ad infinitum, but you and your brave Hillary supporter buddies shrink from the loudmouth republicans in Congress. "It can't be done!"
Reading comprehension please. Did I mention universal health? No. Did I imply anything about universal health? No.

"Economic plans" doesn't just mean universal health.

But that is fine. Probably only a sliver of people posting here if any have really delved into and understand the ramifications for what he proposes.

I'll give you a hint:

They ultimately would lead to strengthening multinational corporations and decimating small business while raising taxes on everybody.

At the end of the day though, he doesn't stand a chance of being elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or