U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 07:16 PM

5,559 posts, read 3,666,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I think Cruz would have a better chance to beat Clinton in the general election.
Possibly, but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. I prefer to watch the Billionaires who are pulling the strings of Cruz and Clinton duking it out in the open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 07:22 PM

988 posts, read 489,120 times
Quote:
I think Cruz would have a better chance to beat Clinton in the general election.
You think?

My reasoning is this. 72% of the public supports a path to citizenship or residency for illegal aliens that meet certain requirements. Ted Cruz has drawn a line in the sand on this issue. There are lots of other positions he holds, pro-life, etc. that are out of touch with a majority of the American public. He is very clear about where he stands, and a majority of the public just doesn't agree with him on a large number of issues, although he does make evangelicals squeal in delight. He is who he is. He can't paint himself as someone else in the election.

Trump is more a slithery, appeal-to-everyone type of personality who I think could energize the electorate (he already has) without being clear about where he stands on a lot of things. IMHO he is severely underestimated by democratic strategists.

I think the hardest race for her might be Kasich, who has a lot of moderate positions that appeal to democrats. Planned Parenthood would be kind of an albatross around his neck, though.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:22 PM

1,450 posts, read 873,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Possibly, but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. I prefer to see the Billionaires who are pulling the strings of Cruz and Clinton duking it out in the open.
I think Cruz will pull some votes from the religious people in the deep south. Some, not very many, religious blacks might vote for Cruz, while I doubt they will find Trump appealing. The republican will need some backing outside his party. Personally I mistrust billionaires, most I know do not agree with me about this.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:28 PM

5,559 posts, read 3,666,840 times
Quote:
I think Cruz will pull some votes from the religious people in the deep south. Some, not very many, religious blacks might vote for Cruz, while I doubt they will find Trump appealing. The republican will need some backing outside his party. Personally I mistrust billionaires, most I know do not agree with me about this.
People who like Trump are those who enjoy watching him call all the politicos stupid liars on national TV. He exudes total disdain for all politicos because he knows them from the back rooms he meets them in and had zero respect for these lapdogs and that includes the likes of Bush, Rubio, Cruz, and Clinton. He and others in the Billionaire Class are the real political power and I watch in amazement as they come out in the open

Old 03-06-2016, 07:29 PM

3,738 posts, read 2,108,778 times
Looks like scumbag Clinton couldn't defend herself on the NAFTA crap

Old 03-06-2016, 07:31 PM

10,297 posts, read 12,159,714 times
Bernie actually has her flustered!
This is great.
She sure dodges and deflects ALOT.
I think she believes if she raises her voice and waves her hands around people think she knows what she's talking about even though she is totally not answering the question.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:34 PM

273 posts, read 108,868 times
Bernie is basically soft spoken and respectful and is busting her up....Can you imagine what Mr Trump will do to her. She may have to leave the stage!!!!

Old 03-06-2016, 07:44 PM

3,738 posts, read 2,108,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post
Bernie is basically soft spoken and respectful and is busting her up....Can you imagine what Mr Trump will do to her. She may have to leave the stage!!!!
Well.. Sanders is more educated with the specifics of whats going on and able to debate coherently. Trump is out of his league in this arena. Trump won't be able to get into a debate on specifics with Hillary

Old 03-06-2016, 07:47 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,874,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Don't they have a time limit for speaking? Clinton keeps rambling on and Anderson Cooper be like ok thank you, wrap it up
So? Sanders is doing the same thing. It's odd that you targeted her for doing exactly what he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Well.. Sanders is more educated with the specifics of whats going on and able to debate coherently. Trump is out of his league in this arena. Trump won't be able to get into a debate on specifics with Hillary
Exactly!

By the way, I don't think he's "tearing her apart" as others have written. He gets angry and shouts a lot, but she's been getting a good share of the applause from the audience.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:52 PM

273 posts, read 108,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So? Sanders is doing the same thing. It's odd that you targeted her for doing exactly what he does.

Exactly!

By the way, I don't think he's tearing her apart. He gets angry and shouts a lot, but she's been getting her share of the applause from the audience.
He is speaking on point and supplying facts....The HILdebeast is a stuttering fool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or