Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 02:54 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,903,055 times

Advertisements

Its sad that people think only African Americans are minorities.

He is doing much better than Hillary in counties with heavy native American populations. But they are always ignored, even though they are the original inhabitants of America.

And he does really well among hispanics in states which he actually campaigns in and prioritizes. Asians? I have seen no indication that Hillary is so much more popular among Asians than among whites either.

So it all comes down to African Americans, who according to polls really dont know Sanders and what he stands for. The Clinton brand is very strong among AAs and brand loyalty is very high. Even if the Clintons pushed heavily for disastrous "trade" agreements, welfare reform that devastated the black community, takes private prison money and send thousands of poor working class people to die in the Middle East and far more returning with permanent injuries.

Media tries to paint his campaign as racist when in fact Sanders was the one who supported Jesse Jackson for president in 1988, and back then the media said that he only gets black voters so he is irrelevant since black voters are just a small minority of voters...
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 02:57 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,903,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yes,we can address income inequality all day,but that does not STOP racial discrimination.

See,that what Bernie does EVERYTIME when he is asked about anything racial.
He focuses it on income inequality,because he does not realize the reason for income inequality in the black community is racism.
If it was strictly racism, then Appalachia would be a thriving and wealthy community. It is desperately poor. Class warfare in America is very, very real and millions of people of all colors and stripes suffer.

Economic and racial justice are parallell issues, and you have no excuse for not informing yourself about his racial justice platform which was released 7 months ago:

Bernie Sanders’ New Racial Justice Platform Wins Praise From Black Lives Matter Activists

Bernie Sanders' New Racial Justice Platform Wins Praise From Black Lives Matter Activists | ThinkProgress

Old 03-06-2016, 03:15 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,592,572 times
Quote:
Some of that will help blacks,but at the end of the day?
We would still have racism.

There was a study awhile back,that said a white felon can get hired faster than a black college graduate.

How does income equality address that?

Simple,it does NOT
There always will be different views in hiring people. You can't change people from judging others. However, if you work on putting everyone to equal playing fields and standards for jobs you can eliminate some of that bias. In addition, to more jobs Bernie can create in Blue Collar, Tech, and various jobs with Technical/Collegiate degrees offers everyone a chance of employment.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:16 PM

988 posts, read 676,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Its sad that people think only African Americans are minorities.
But they're not concerned with social justice, lifting people up, etc. They're concerned with votes for Hillary.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:41 PM

9,109 posts, read 13,129,728 times
Quote:
Yes,we can address income inequality all day,but that does not STOP racial discrimination.

See,that what Bernie does EVERYTIME when he is asked about anything racial.
He focuses it on income inequality,because he does not realize the reason for income inequality in the black community is racism.
When Bernie Sanders talks about income equality and the 1% he is talking about ALL Americans. Black, white, brown, yellow, red. You see, Black people are not the only ones who have been having problems. And he has been talking about it for years, not just because it is election time. You may not agree with him but he is no racist.

However, if you want to talk about racism, I am sure that Bernie Sanders being Jewish is no factor in why some people are against him in 2016?

Old 03-06-2016, 09:36 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,981,255 times
Bernie crushed Hillary in every sense of the word.

THe ONLY issue that Bernie talked about that probably didn't hold well with Democratic voters is the gun issue. There were awkward silences in the audiences about it. But he absolutely slaughtered her on Dem talking points. He really knocked her out of the park when he brought up Trade agreements and her ties to Wall St...especially when he demanded she release the transcripts from her speeches. LOL

Old 03-07-2016, 08:37 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,393,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Bernie crushed Hillary in every sense of the word.

THe ONLY issue that Bernie talked about that probably didn't hold well with Democratic voters is the gun issue. There were awkward silences in the audiences about it. But he absolutely slaughtered her on Dem talking points. He really knocked her out of the park when he brought up Trade agreements and her ties to Wall St...especially when he demanded she release the transcripts from her speeches. LOL
Well, and the part where he couldn't name one Senator who he could count on for support when it comes to changing the world.

And I get that he hates Wall Street and blowing it up in 2008 would have felt good - but millions of 'non-billionaires' would have lost out as well. Savings, investments and 401K's would have further decimated the middle class.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, and the part where he couldn't name one Senator who he could count on for support when it comes to changing the world.

And I get that he hates Wall Street and blowing it up in 2008 would have felt good - but millions of 'non-billionaires' would have lost out as well. Savings, investments and 401K's would have further decimated the middle class.
Why not just pay off people's mortgages with the money? It was a gift anyway. And Wall Street didn't even make money available for loans after that. If you pay off the mortgages, Wall Street gets their money indirectly and the crisis is gone. But the middle class has trouble coming up with $225,000 for an hour's speech, so they got kicked out of their houses. Oh, good old Hillary. It just makes get all weepy inside when I think about how deep her concern for the middle class is. She was helping the middle class out with a $700 billion Wall Street bailout! Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:46 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,393,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
Why not just pay off people's mortgages with the money? It was a gift anyway. And Wall Street didn't even make money available for loans after that. If you pay off the mortgages, Wall Street gets their money indirectly and the crisis is gone. But the middle class has trouble coming up with $225,000 for an hour's speech, so they got kicked out of their houses. Oh, good old Hillary. It just makes get all weepy inside when I think about how deep her concern for the middle class is. She was helping the middle class out with a $700 billion Wall Street bailout! Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket.
Did I say one thing about Hillary? No. I did not. She was not in office in 2008.

Bottom line - the Wall Street bailout saved many of us. Like or not. I don't know why the Bern never thinks about that part.

We need Wall Street. At least, I do.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Did I say one thing about Hillary? No. I did not. She was not in office in 2008.

Bottom line - the Wall Street bailout saved many of us. Like or not. I don't know why the Bern never thinks about that part.

We need Wall Street. At least, I do.
Hillary votes $700 billion to bail out Wall Street, instead of using that money to pay off mortgages, which would have given Wall Street their money anyway. A true champion of the middle class.

Just another example of how you can knock down $225,000 per speech from Wall Street and not be influenced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections