U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 02:52 PM

2,787 posts, read 3,661,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post

The REAL question is how many Republicans will vote for Hillary if Trump is the GOP nominee.
The REAL question is how many republicans will vote for Hillary if Trump isn't the GOP nominee if he gets the most primary votes and the party gives the nod to Rubio/Romney/Ryan/JEB!/or Justin Beiber instead.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:55 PM

550 posts, read 521,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
The REAL question is how many republicans will vote for Hillary if Trump isn't the GOP nominee if he gets the most primary votes and the party gives the nod to Rubio/Romney/Ryan/JEB!/or Justin Beiber instead.

You're absolutely right on that one as well. The GOP is screwed either way.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:57 PM

550 posts, read 521,467 times
In any event, I see Kasich as the one GOP candidate who can draw a substantial number of Democrats.

MAYBE Chris Christie, but unfortunately he dropped out. Which is too bad. He used to be my personal GOP choice, but I'm not sure many Democrats share that view.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:01 PM
Status: "It is the nature of grotesque things you canít look away" (set 29 days ago)

17,994 posts, read 8,120,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skold View Post
I think you are very out of touch with reality if you believe your post on both accounts.

The number is very significant and just like the media, seriously underestimate Trump.

Also, the number of Republicans that would vote Hillary over Trump would indeed be VERY small. If anything, Republicans would stay home or write in a candidate. The hate for Hillary on the Republican side is greater and stronger than just about anything in political terms. They'd almost rather abort a baby than vote for Hillary.
Please cite some evidence for your bolded statement. I've been a D for a good long time and I follow internal D communications. I genuinely can't see this.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Status: "It is the nature of grotesque things you canít look away" (set 29 days ago)

17,994 posts, read 8,120,965 times
"Trump is basically a vile, nasty version of Romney. And far more unlikeable."

Quote:
I completely disagree and so do a lot of people, although the media is trying their damnedest to portray him that way.
Sorry, Trump has been a public figure for about 3 decades now, and plenty of us formed this judgment of him *long* ago. Like a lot of jerks, he either doesn't know or care what other people think of him, and is genuinely unaware that the actions and attitudes he brags about are exactly the attitudes and actions that turn a lot of people completely off.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:04 PM

29,720 posts, read 16,469,939 times
Quote:
About 0.0004%

In other words, insignificant.

The REAL question is how many Republicans will vote for Hillary if Trump is the GOP nominee.
Since their own legislators are saying they would vote for Hillary over Trump - I would imagine quite a few.

Quote:
I think you are very out of touch with reality if you believe your post on both accounts.

The number is very significant and just like the media, seriously underestimate Trump.

Also, the number of Republicans that would vote Hillary over Trump would indeed be VERY small. If anything, Republicans would stay home or write in a candidate. The hate for Hillary on the Republican side is greater and stronger than just about anything in political terms. They'd almost rather abort a baby than vote for Hillary.
Care to clarify that a bit? What is the number and where did you find it?

Old 03-06-2016, 04:18 PM

2,787 posts, read 3,661,772 times
Quote:
In any event, I see Kasich as the one GOP candidate who can draw a substantial number of Democrats.

I agree,unfortunately for him he has been unable to draw a significant number of Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or