Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 03:22 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,105 times

Advertisements

Rubio does whatever he is told, besides he hasn't sacrificed anything. i don't think he has a chance of winning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 03:24 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
i wanted to add about cruz, although we have some fast typists on here ,

WASHINGTON, DC: When it comes to increasing skilled workers on H-1B visas, one could say presidential candidate Ted Cruz is a bit of a black sheep amongst the GOP.

The Republican presidential candidate wants to increase the H-1B visas by 500 percent from its 65,000 to 325,000.

Cruz, who announced his run for the Oval office this morning, had made the proposition in 2013 as an amendment to the Senate’s comprehensive immigration bill.

While the Senate’s Judiciary Committee torpedoed Cruz’s amendment, they did approve an increase of 180,000 in the H-1B cap, but the House never acted on the legislation.

It’s not clear if Cruz had only the base 65,000 H-1B visas for skilled workers from around the globe to emigrate to the US in mind, and he didn’t want to include the 20,000 other H-1B visas which are allocated especially for students who graduate from universities in the US.

However, Cruz’s amendment proposed drastically increasing the fees associated with the visa applications from $1,500 to $2,500 for companies with 25 H-1B workers or more. (end quote, note the increase in fees with this, typical of big government types)

both cruz and rubio are for more immigration and the destruction of american jobs, because they DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A JOB NOW.

although that may change

Old 03-06-2016, 03:24 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I think Rubio is unfairly taking it in the gut. It had to be done and he was pretty darn effective at it. I hope they find a way to reward him, because I agree, what he has most likely done is paved the way for Cruz or Kasich.
Kasich is a time waster, has no business being in this primary. He's another big-spending, hyper-state, crony capitalist, establishment suit.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:26 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i didn't hear cruz talk about the border, or rubio for that matter, until trump started.
Well, you must not have been listening very carefully then, because he has been one of the more outspoken voices on this topic in our country over the past few years now.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:28 PM
mm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Well, you must not have been listening very carefully then, because he has been one of the more outspoken voices on this topic in our country over the past few years now.
Rubio, the crafter of the 2013 comprehensive immigration reform bill. Real conservative.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i wanted to add about cruz, although we have some fast typists on here ,

WASHINGTON, DC: When it comes to increasing skilled workers on H-1B visas, one could say presidential candidate Ted Cruz is a bit of a black sheep amongst the GOP.

The Republican presidential candidate wants to increase the H-1B visas by 500 percent from its 65,000 to 325,000.

Cruz, who announced his run for the Oval office this morning, had made the proposition in 2013 as an amendment to the Senate’s comprehensive immigration bill.

While the Senate’s Judiciary Committee torpedoed Cruz’s amendment, they did approve an increase of 180,000 in the H-1B cap, but the House never acted on the legislation.

It’s not clear if Cruz had only the base 65,000 H-1B visas for skilled workers from around the globe to emigrate to the US in mind, and he didn’t want to include the 20,000 other H-1B visas which are allocated especially for students who graduate from universities in the US.

However, Cruz’s amendment proposed drastically increasing the fees associated with the visa applications from $1,500 to $2,500 for companies with 25 H-1B workers or more. (end quote, note the increase in fees with this, typical of big government types)

both cruz and rubio are for more immigration and the destruction of american jobs, because they DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A JOB NOW.

although that may change
As Cruz would tell you himself, he is not anti-immigration, he is anti-illegal immigration. If we lock down the borders, we are going to have skills shortages in a number of areas. So the right answer is to secure the borders and develop a MUCH more flexible and adaptable guest worker program that 1) protects the job opportunities of American citizens and then after that 2) targets specific skillsets that are in short supply.

Not anti-immigration, anti-ILLEGAL immigration.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Rubio, the crafter of the 2013 comprehensive immigration reform bill. Real conservative.
I was speaking of Ted Cruz.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:31 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
That is true. They just didn't like what he had to say. I think his take on illegals is more pragmatic. However, they need to do something serious about those H-1b and H-2b visas. Corrupt CEOs (cough, cough* including one currently running for president) use them as a tool to suppress American wages.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:32 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I think Trump has a better chance in the general election than Cruz. His bible thumping preacher act will turn off a lot of moderates and independents. Just my opinion.
I know that I won't vote for a bible banger. I don't want religion dictating politics. I have no issue with a candidate who has faith. I do detest bible bangers tho.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:33 PM
mm4

Quote:
As Cruz would tell you himself, he is not anti-immigration, he is anti-illegal immigration. If we lock down the borders, we are going to have skills shortages in a number of areas. So the right answer is to secure the borders and develop a MUCH more flexible and adaptable guest worker program that 1) protects the job opportunities of American citizens and then after that 2) targets specific skillsets that are in short supply.

Not anti-immigration, anti-ILLEGAL immigration.
_"All You Americans Are Fired"_
"The H-2 guest worker program, which brought in 150,000 [400,000 next year if House leftists, neocons have their way--mm4] legal foreign workers last year, isn’t supposed to deprive any American of a job. But many businesses go to extraordinary lengths to deny jobs to U.S. workers so they can hire foreigners instead. A BuzzFeed News investigation.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicagarrison/all-you-americans-are-fired#.pxBz0z4xY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections