U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 01:05 PM

26,324 posts, read 24,453,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yes. And...? He just handed him a check. What do you want him to do? Rip it up and call him an amoral pig? Would you like me to get YouTube videos of Trump praising Hillary? There are more to choose from.
yeah and how long ago was that...I praised Obama when he ran in his first year, now I wouldn't give you a plug nickle for him.

We all change over the years...we all did and said crazy stuff when we were young...and we all act like goofs at times...

Obama is not a debater at all....but he is a down right nice person....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 01:34 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,578,600 times
ROTFL: Ms. Pirro happily accepted $20,000 from Trump when she ran for Attorney General in NY. He also contributed to her short-lived campaign for the U.S. Senate.

Her now-ex-husband (who had troubles with the law but that's another thread) is an attorney/lobbyist. While they were married Trump had him on retainer. That means he was paid MEGA bucks to help Trump with his business deals. Ms. Pirro probably bought a lot of nice things with the money Trump paid her then-husband.

She has solid tie$ to Trump. I'm sure she thinks he is just the best-est ever.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-07-2016 at 02:02 PM..

Old 03-07-2016, 02:17 PM

951 posts, read 554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveCoffee View Post
I LOVE her....wish she would run for President!!!
Me too a very good President

Old 03-07-2016, 02:29 PM

26,413 posts, read 8,980,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
ROTFL: Ms. Pirro happily accepted $20,000 from Trump when she ran for Attorney General in NY. He also contributed to her short-lived campaign for the U.S. Senate.

Her now-ex-husband (who had troubles with the law but that's another thread) is an attorney/lobbyist. While they were married Trump had him on retainer. That means he was paid MEGA bucks to help Trump with his business deals. Ms. Pirro probably bought a lot of nice things with the money Trump paid her then-husband.

She has solid tie$ to Trump. I'm sure she thinks he is just the best-est ever.
What about the message ? Or is throwing mud at the messenger more important ? She is in the tank for Trump but the message is right on target.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Trump is owned by his ego, nepotism and cronyism. He didn't need to be a politician to control the system . . . he just bought them. That makes him just as corrupt.

Please tell me how you know that he is a "WE THE PEOPLE" representative?

Because he said so?

Mick
No because we say so with our vote. Time will tell.
But you will not convince a Trump supporter different any more than you would change your mind.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:39 PM

21,652 posts, read 11,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Trump is owned by his ego, nepotism and cronyism. He didn't need to be a politician to control the system . . . he just bought them. That makes him just as corrupt.

Please tell me how you know that he is a "WE THE PEOPLE" representative?

Because he said so?

Mick
Because he is bringing many Americans in that feel disenfranchised and finally Trump will address the issues of illegals taking jobs and keeping wages down, the white collar industry will be hit next as the dems are sending the illegals to college on Americans dime. When they get out of course they will be hired at a much lower wage because they can take the job at a lower wage.. their women get housing and foodstamps , heating vouchers , and medical on the governments dime as they have multiple anchor babies for freebees.. they will live much better than the Americans paying the tax bill.

Trump sees this for years .. I have listened to his message of jobs leaving and the invasion of illegals taking Americans jobs.. the dems used to look out for the American worker..that was their purpose ,then Clinton passed Nafta with bartered votes.. not on merit .. he opened up the candy store and said, what do you want ? I will give you what you want for your vote to pass Nafta.. both parties are bought and paid for now..

People just don't get it.. they are having their lunch eaten, and it will be a time when Americans will say, I have no lunch anymore.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump is an owner so he isn't owned but he is just as dangerous as the owned politicians. Why don't anyone realize that the puppeteer is worse than the puppet it owns?
It a cost effective problem. Eliminate the middle man ( politician ) then you don't have to waste money on his paycheck and you save on the bribe too. Maybe we can step it up in the future to elect corporations but for now lets put a donor in and see what happens. The Donors run everything anyway. Right ?

Old 03-07-2016, 04:03 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,578,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What about the message ? Or is throwing mud at the messenger more important ? She is in the tank for Trump but the message is right on target.
Her message? Well...let's see. Her message was to dump on Romney because he called out a candidate she supports. And that whole, "Don't disrespect him because you disrespect the will of the American people" is laughable. A small percentage of the American people have voted for Trump. He doesn't have a mandate. He certainly doesn't represent the will of the majority of the American people.

She knows what sells to Trump supporters. Point the finger at the guy who dares to say something bad about the guru. I'm sure she'll get all riled up at other people who call out Trump. Being indignant is good for ratings.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:51 PM

7,185 posts, read 2,745,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Her message? Well...let's see. Her message was to dump on Romney because he called out a candidate she supports. And that whole, "Don't disrespect him because you disrespect the will of the American people" is laughable. A small percentage of the American people have voted for Trump. He doesn't have a mandate. He certainly doesn't represent the will of the majority of the American people.

She knows what sells to Trump supporters. Point the finger at the guy who dares to say something bad about the guru. I'm sure she'll get all riled up at other people who call out Trump. Being indignant is good for ratings.
Yeah, I agree. Getting called names for not supporting trump is just one of the perks of having freedom of speech. trump supporters believe they are the only ones who should have freedom of speech, tho. bummer for them.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:52 PM

29,824 posts, read 16,517,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No because we say so with our vote. Time will tell.
But you will not convince a Trump supporter different any more than you would change your mind.
Well let's face it. None of us are changing minds on this forum. I guess we just like to argue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections