Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 09:32 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,817,532 times

Advertisements

This is complete speculation, but I would imagine Trump benefits the most from potential voters that are not included in any type of polling data.

I just can't see Hillary getting people that have never voted before or been involved in politics out to the polls to vote for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 09:46 AM

2,251 posts, read 4,896,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Must be lonely in the basement.....
Tooshay....

Mike does a good job reporting on the Democratic side.... no doubt a Hilliary supporter. She is telling her crowds what they want to hear..... Have you notice how Hilliary has been changing her position, copying points from BERNIE, and TRUMP.

One key topic have not heard much is about the Clinton's work repealing the Glass Steagle Act, and Bush passing (driven by big banking). The leading domino that lead to our recession in the early 2000's, which directly lead to all the foreclosures across the country. How much has big banking been contributing to Hilliary's election?

The two key points I like about Trump is he is a business man and he is self funding. No doubt he will shake Washington.

TRUMP 2016

Old 03-07-2016, 10:00 AM

27,539 posts, read 15,944,799 times
No surprise. NYers sop that sHillbilly redneck shpiel like a dry biscuit in thin gravy.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:06 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,772,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I personally think NY is in play
No it isn't. No evidence it will be.

The state is overwhelmingly Democrat, she was a very popular senator there, and contrary to popular belief Donald Trump, while known in NY for years, is not particularly well thought of there.

He's not going to win NY.

But he doesn't really need to anyway. He needs to concentrate on the purple/swing states and perhaps historically blue rust belt states because he has a shot in a lot of those.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:21 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,084,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I personally think NY is in play, but the NYC area is loaded with Democrats who unceasingly and unthinkingly vote D. They always have and they always will. They would never consider voting for a Republican because in their heart of hearts they think Republicans are stupid, vile people. Their parents raised them this way and they are raising their kids the same way. They will vote for Hillary no matter what she's done.
LOL, I'm not from New York, and I'm not terribly impressed with NYC, but why do conservative republicans ALWAYS go about bashing democrats? Do you know any NYC based democrats who fit your description? Other than one comment about growing a crop, I haven't seen anything in this thread that bashes republicans to the extent of this post.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:39 AM

12,682 posts, read 6,678,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Typo: it's 23 points

Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton keep big leads in Siena College poll | Newsday

New York is a traditional blue state but trump said NY is in play if he is the nominee so maybe it's quite a long shot for him.
Any Republican candidate is expected to lose and lose badly in CA, NY and IL. Those are states that the GOP never wins in the general election. Gotta go back to the Reagan/Bush Sr days when the Dems were in complete disarray to find the Republicans actually winning those states.

At this point, the primaries on both sides are more competitive than the polls said they would be. Based on the polls, you'd think Bernie and Cruz wouldn't have won a single state, but they have. Obviously, the polls haven't been as accurate as we're accustomed to them being. Clinton and Trump both still look to be a lock for the nomination. We'll see what we see in the general election. Personally, I don't expect Trump to win New York. I think Trump's faithful supporters are a bit naive if they expect it. Doesn't mean that Hillary wins the entire election. It's just a small moral victory for Hillary to beat Donald in NY.

Doesn't matter much to me, I'll be voting for the best candidate -- Gary Johnson -- anyways.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:51 AM

25,571 posts, read 21,753,969 times
800 people that were registered voters? OK. Yeah, I'm not going to worry about that.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:01 AM

11,989 posts, read 5,233,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
The establishment doesn't want Trump, so they will finagle the polls
to show he will lose to Hillary. Polls are easily manipulated for a desired result.
The mistake they are making is that if Hillary is advertized with a large
lead on Trump, many of her voters will stay home thinking she has it in the bag,
whereas the Trump voter will be motivated to show up.
Didn't we hear the same crap in 2012?

Rinse and repeat.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:03 AM

11,989 posts, read 5,233,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Because, silly, Mr. Trump is a divine figure who transcends asinine things like history, common sense, logic, and so on. I am absolutely certain that he will carry at least 90% of the black votes and 99% of the Hispanic votes, not to mention 94% of the LBGT votes, 100% of the Muslim votes, 96% of the POW votes and 98% of the handicapped votes. Trump 2024!!!!

Mick
Trumpf Uber Alles!

Old 03-07-2016, 11:08 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,072,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
The "lol-its-good4U" poll says that that Siena Poll and others are inaccurate for anyone.

Trump was supposed to win pretty much all the states this past weekend according to polls - so much for "polls".
The polls are inaccurate, for starters, I never get involved with the polls and since I'm an Independent, can't vote in the primaries....

There are a whole lot of us out there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections