Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 04:54 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
"Oh boy here we go," what?

No everyone is not a former something, especially a marine, if they've lived long enough, and he is 30.

This was a response to your comment that he was a criminal who hadn't spend enough time at the gun range.

I was being sarcastic as you jumped to an immediate conclusion, which is often a bad idea.

Sarcasm. Next time I'll be sure to use an emoji.
I was matching your sarcasm and raising one sarcastic comment.

But the oh boy , here we go : is still valid and waiting for those who want to bash the military or former military. Maybe someone like Obama who sees them as a threat or criminals in waiting.

By 30 you have lived long enough to be formerly many things. High school student might be one. No guarantee on that though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 05:15 PM

25,948 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
My thought was - was the shooter mad that the pastor prayed for Cruz? or blessed him or something?- he is a ex-marine and maybe when found/arrested will tell us more- but people get mad at people over politics- in fact the lose it!
His life was spared- and I quoted what Drs. said. I agree -God spared his life- I do not know if there is any long lasting injury? has to be never wrecking for his family. no statement from Cruz hardly made news-
In the provided article from the Chicago Tribune, it said that this minister counseled inmates and drug addicts so I have to wonder if that isn't where the issue lies. Someone he counseled wasn't happy with him for some reason.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:36 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,229,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
That doesn't mean that a there are not lots of church goers who do carry.

Do you not understand what "All" means?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
We need to start arming all church goers.

Good Christians with guns.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:14 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
http://terminallance.com/wp-content/...g_News_web.gif

Old 03-07-2016, 06:26 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,113,070 times
This may have some connection to Scalia's death. Remember, Glenn Beck said that God killed Scalia to ensure Cruz wins.

Mick

Old 03-07-2016, 06:52 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Evangelicals are voting for Trump, not Cruz.
Why is that??

Old 03-07-2016, 06:53 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
This happened in my area, in the city I work in. Apparently the pastor was alone and walking to his car after a service when he was ambushed. Local media/law enforcement either doesn't know the motive, or isn't sharing it.

Shooter was a local man, served '06-10 in the Marines, went to the local university where he graduated Magna *** Laude with a degree in biochemistry. He hardly fits the image of some liberal nutcase angry that the pastor was with Cruz the day before. He was also apparently at services that day. Gotta wonder if there wasn't an issue with someone the pastor counseled. Apparently he worked with addicts pretty regularly, wonder if there is some connection.

Shooter is still at large. Lots of police around town today, and I suspect a few more people than normal were carrying.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 03-07-2016 at 07:03 PM..

Old 03-07-2016, 07:27 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This happened in my area, in the city I work in. Apparently the pastor was alone and walking to his car after a service when he was ambushed. Local media/law enforcement either doesn't know the motive, or isn't sharing it.

Shooter was a local man, served '06-10 in the Marines, went to the local university where he graduated Magna *** Laude with a degree in biochemistry. He hardly fits the image of some liberal nutcase angry that the pastor was with Cruz the day before. He was also apparently at services that day. Gotta wonder if there wasn't an issue with someone the pastor counseled. Apparently he worked with addicts pretty regularly, wonder if there is some connection.

Shooter is still at large. Lots of police around town today, and I suspect a few more people than normal were carrying.
Thanks for sharing what you know. I'm waiting on some statement from Cruz people. Maybe it's about him? Either case if I got a prayer at my big event/ I'd be concerned fo what happened publicly.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:13 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,495,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Idaho pastor shot in the skull after praying with Ted Cruz, manhunt underway for former Marine

On Saturday, pastor Tim Remington put his arm around Ted Cruz and then delivered a rousing invocation at a campaign rally in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
Now Remington is on the receiving end of prayers after being shot in the skull and back after his Sunday sermon.
They say the bullet did not make it in- he is a hard headed pastor or had heavenly intervention?
Connected politically ? Thoughts
?
Hard headed pastor? No. Heavenly intervention? No. Connected politically? No. My thoughts? Legitimate outreach (street) preachers literately put their lives on the line. I say legitimate because I'm not talking about the crazy ones, I'm talking about the real ones. I've known a couple, their work often includes ministering to some pretty dangerous characters. I don't know anything about this pastor. Could be Remington was trying to help and the suspect just turned on him. It happens.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:33 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Why is that??
No idea. Even the people who do this for a living have no idea how its happening.

Trump's ability to attract evangelical voters confounds analysts | PBS NewsHour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections