U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2016, 07:06 AM
 
78,990 posts, read 33,578,351 times
Reputation: 15818

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
And Trump promotes conservative ideas? Since when?

Many Trump supporters are liberal independents(non religious people who want free stuff but only for white people) and fake conservatives who just use the Bible to justify their bigotry. Most Trump supporters hate the Republican Party and attack other republican candidates viciously. Most of the negative threads in this forum and nasty tweets against Cruz, Bush and Rubio have come from Trump supporters not liberal democrats. Trump has repeatedly giving them permission to act violently and has even promised them that he will pay their court fees. The Trump savages who attack protestors think they are above the law.

Regular conservatives are voting for Cruz.
It's obvious that Trump doesn't have the hate market to himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2016, 08:30 AM
 
4,665 posts, read 2,639,162 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What a waste of money. The parties should be forced to pay for any security needs.
I agree to an extent, but the city should be on standby just in case, but spending $50 million is just ridiculous. Police will still be needed to direct traffic and make sure everything goes smoothly, but the RNC should pay for most security costs, the same goes for the DNC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2016, 08:37 AM
 
4,665 posts, read 2,639,162 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
And Trump promotes conservative ideas? Since when?

Many Trump supporters are liberal independents(non religious people who want free stuff but only for white people) and fake conservatives who just use the Bible to justify their bigotry. Most Trump supporters hate the Republican Party and attack other republican candidates viciously. Most of the negative threads in this forum and nasty tweets against Cruz, Bush and Rubio have come from Trump supporters not liberal democrats. Trump has repeatedly giving them permission to act violently and has even promised them that he will pay their court fees. The Trump savages who attack protestors think they are above the law.

Regular conservatives are voting for Cruz.
+1, good post. Trump supporters are in denial about who they are and who he is. I'm confident most of Trumps campaign strategy is to make the race a mud fight and make all the candidates look bad/immoral, that way he doesn't look as bad himself. Trump is an incredibly immoral person, I don't care about any success he has had personally, I would never vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2016, 08:39 AM
 
78,990 posts, read 33,578,351 times
Reputation: 15818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I agree to an extent, but the city should be on standby just in case, but spending $50 million is just ridiculous. Police will still be needed to direct traffic and make sure everything goes smoothly, but the RNC should pay for most security costs, the same goes for the DNC.
The city could even provide the security but if $50 million is needed (I agree it isn't, and this is just an excuse to expand the police state) the party should have to pay.

I bet it doesn't get bought then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2016, 09:21 AM
 
9,984 posts, read 6,763,016 times
Reputation: 5613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Trump is an incredibly immoral person, I don't care about any success he has had personally, I would never vote for him.
You couldn't be more wrong.
Trump is moral. Decades before he ever ran for President, he was in
the news for random charitable acts. He helped strangers. He even
jumped out of his limo to stop a bat-beating mugger in New York.
Yes, it is true that he cheated on Ivana, but Marla left him, and
he is a good family man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2016, 09:31 AM
 
273 posts, read 109,143 times
Reputation: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
All they really need are fire hoses, be good sticks and police dogs....that normally settles things right down and it isn't close to $50 mil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2016, 02:11 PM
 
4,665 posts, read 2,639,162 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.
Trump is moral. Decades before he ever ran for President, he was in
the news for random charitable acts. He helped strangers. He even
jumped out of his limo to stop a bat-beating mugger in New York.
Yes, it is true that he cheated on Ivana, but Marla left him, and
he is a good family man.
Pablo Escobar gave to charities, was a good father and family man, he was even known to help strangers. It is known he apologized to his wife when he cheated on her. Those good things don't make Escobar a good man. Trumps good attributes don't make him a moral person. We know he has mafia connections, he has cheated tens of thousands out of Trump University and his developments around the US. He lobby's for his own benefits. He switches political beliefs whenever suits him most. He takes the coats from protesters and throws them in the cold. He jokes about shooting people, defends his supporters who beat up protestors. His blatant lies and false documents about his BBB accreditation for Trump University. His tone about anyone who opposes him. His current wife has been in pornagraphy. The guy doesn't know anything about the Bible, doesn't want forgiveness from God, while claiming he is a Christian. He is a disgusting person. Just look at his tenants at Trump tower in NYC, almost all of them are in court with the Federal government over a multitude of things. He surrounds himself with immoral people, because that is who he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2016, 07:54 PM
 
16,772 posts, read 9,113,254 times
Reputation: 6792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You assume anti-trumpers are liberals, but that is really not true. Most of the opposition come from the other side, and the concern in Cleveland is not liberals, but Trump supporters who will go nuts seeing Trump rejected by the RNC even after he wins the votes.
You are illogical.

I am not assuming all anti-trumpers are liberals.

I am assuming, based on actual recent history, that liberal protesters are more likely to resort to aggressive protests needing police in riot gear. Cleveland was going to buy riot gear for this just like NC bought riot gear for the Democrat convention last year.


These violent Trump protesters are not conservatives.

Crowds Fill Chicago Pavilion To See Trump; Protesters Mass Outside « CBS Chicago


The Tea Party protests would often literally pick up the park and leave it cleaner than it was. Occupy protests around the country left the place looking like a junkyard and often needed police intervention.

Google G-8 Summit Protesters...those people are liberals. Google DNC 2012 protesters, anything needing police - liberals. Google RNC 2012 protesters, anything needing police - liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2016, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
35,486 posts, read 10,503,840 times
Reputation: 33608
It's 1968 all over again, where Dem agitators fouled their own convention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top