Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 01:49 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
Bernie's running to win. He has never suggested otherwise.

Your view on this particular matter is conjecture
Every election season this happens. Hillary is going to get the nomination and she is going to include some of Bernie's issues in her platform. They are both Democrats and they are trying to do what Democrats want.

When Obama ran, he picked up some of Hillary's issues too. This is how the process works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 03:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Wow! FOX is catching up .... oh wait, she presented that plan in Aug of last year, but I suppose to a FOX viewer, that would constitute "news".

Old 03-08-2016, 05:15 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Sanders has no ideas to take, the "old man" is a "one issue" candidate! Hillary will put him away today!

Old 03-08-2016, 05:54 AM

988 posts, read 682,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Sanders has no ideas to take, the "old man" is a "one issue" candidate! Hillary will put him away today!
^^^ And the paid Hillary posters are the ones inventing the "Bernie Bros" and "vagina votes" nonsense too. What a lovely group of people. So ethical. So honest. Like a little group of cherubs with scrubbed faces. Taking after their leader. Trustworthy.

As far as the plan, if it's a good plan with Bernie, it's a good plan with Hillary. I have no problem with her adopting parts of his platform. I wish she would adopt more of what he says.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:05 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Every election season this happens. Hillary is going to get the nomination and she is going to include some of Bernie's issues in her platform. They are both Democrats and they are trying to do what Democrats want.

When Obama ran, he picked up some of Hillary's issues too. This is how the process works.
+1. This is precisely why Bernie ran in the first place. He wasn't expecting to win the DNC nomination. He simply wanted his issues heard and have the eventual winner incorporate some of his ideas. This is what third party candidates (which is what Bernie really is, an Independent), as well as intra-party longshot candidates, do. It's done all the time.

Of course, he really struck a chord with the Democratic voters, actually, make that the American people. No one expected the success, and winning the DNC nomination became a real possibility. Think about it, when he declared, do you really think he was going to try to become the next POTUS? Don't think so.

So, what I am saying is that Bernie would be proud to have his idea incorporated into Hillary's platform even if he does not win. That was his whole objective.

Mick

Old 03-08-2016, 06:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
I don't know if you're referring to voters for Bernie, Hillary, or both.

Our citizens' rights have changed in the last 50 (even 200) years.

Our rights now include health care and the ability to learn/earn a trade/career.
We can't be healthy or survive, contribute to this society w/ out these things.

You may disagree w/ me on Bernie's definition of our rights.

You have the right to live, use all your senses and not be bullied by those more powerful than you...... That is all you have a right to.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:13 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Exactly. I'm a Sanders supporter but I'm realistic enough to see that it's probably going to be Clinton. So I'm glad Sanders caused her to move further to the left and adopt some of his platform that is obviously resonating with the Democrats.

I want my party to work together. It's amusing that doing so is seen as weakness to right wingers. It explains the state their party is in at the moment.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:34 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Exactly. I'm a Sanders supporter but I'm realistic enough to see that it's probably going to be Clinton. So I'm glad Sanders caused her to move further to the left and adopt some of his platform that is obviously resonating with the Democrats.

I want my party to work together. It's amusing that doing so is seen as weakness to right wingers. It explains the state their party is in at the moment.

I agree! Sanders doesn't have a platform!

Old 03-08-2016, 03:50 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I agree! Sanders doesn't have a platform!
LOL, I think you have reading comprehension problems.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:14 PM

988 posts, read 682,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
LOL, I think you have reading comprehension problems.
Paid shill. Go to his/her posting history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections