U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 08:49 AM

25,780 posts, read 38,999,165 times

Advertisements

Romney is now making robo calls for Rubio in Florida and Rubio should wish Romney was leaving very fast as Romney isn't a favorite of anyone I spoke with and who was in favor of Romney and went to his rally's in 2012!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 08:53 AM

71,683 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Have they counted the votes? How do they know?
As much as I want to believe the poll and as much as I laugh at those Trump supporters who think Trump is a shoe, those like you, I to wonder how they know? Maybe they are basing it on exit polling.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:55 AM

44,352 posts, read 17,707,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Didn't Trump fill up a venue in Kansas, too, only to be stomped by Cruz 2-1?
He held a single rally, on day of election, announced at the last minute and he had same crowd size as Cruz, who had campaigned heavily in the state. Beyond that, Trump had no presence nor money spent in Kansas.

This speaks for itself too.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:59 AM

71,683 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm.

Trump held rally in Orlando over weekend, 22,000 showed up. Many had to be turned away.

Rubio held rally in Jacksonville over weekend. Venue was 1/2 empty. Maybe 800 or so showed up.

This speaks for itself.
Interesting comparison you are making; Rubio spent much of the weekend in Puerto Rico. And comparing a rally in Orlando with Jacksonville is a bit on the silly side. I might add, according to my daughter those Orlando figures are way, way off. Were you there may ask?

Old 03-08-2016, 09:01 AM

34,593 posts, read 33,579,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Have they counted the votes? How do they know?
That is my question, too. One of the Rubio communications guys said they were ahead based on Early Voting and no one bothered to ask him how he knew.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:04 AM

4,771 posts, read 2,174,045 times
Why would the people of Florida vote for a man with such a terrible absentee record? Gee, I wish I could skip work and still collect a full pay check of $174, 000. From https://www.govtrack.us/congress/mem...o_rubio/412491
Quote:
From Jan 2011 to Mar 2016, Rubio missed 226 of 1,514 roll call votes, which is 14.9%. This is much worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
If Marco wins FL it still means nothing for his chances as the nominee. It's the only primary he would or could win.

11,058 posts, read 3,723,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Interesting comparison you are making; Rubio spent much of the weekend in Puerto Rico. And comparing a rally in Orlando with Jacksonville is a bit on the silly side. I might add, according to my daughter those Orlando figures are way, way off. Were you there may ask?

why would Rubio spend much of the weekend in P.R. when he is getting his a$$ kicked here in the states including his home state of Florida?

Rubio didn't have to campaign in P.R., he had that territory won since P.R. will go for whom the establishment picks.

Maybe Rubio can run for the governor of Puerto Rico.

18,977 posts, read 15,430,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As much as I want to believe the poll and as much as I laugh at those Trump supporters who think Trump is a shoe, those like you, I to wonder how they know? Maybe they are basing it on exit polling.
More than anything it looks like the sample size is quite small with the early vote so the MOE is quite high. The overall sample size is around 400. From a Scientific standpoint a 400 size sample is a little low, but nothing that far off.

However, the problem with an overall sample size being that small is when you break out certain portions of that poll (or sub-samples), those sub-samples wind up being very small and have high MOE's, For example about 1/5 of the overall sample in this poll stated they voted early, so Rubio's 25% early vote lead is basically based off 80 people.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:06 AM

11,058 posts, read 3,723,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
That is my question, too. One of the Rubio communications guys said they were ahead based on Early Voting and no one bothered to ask him how he knew.

smoke and mirrosrs,.....they sound like Baghdad Bob!

Old 03-08-2016, 09:07 AM

34,593 posts, read 33,579,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Romney is now making robo calls for Rubio in Florida and Rubio should wish Romney was leaving very fast as Romney isn't a favorite of anyone I spoke with and who was in favor of Romney and went to his rally's in 2012!
Rubio doesn't apparently think this but Romney is only encouraging him to win in Florida and stay in the race because Romney thinks he'll (Romney) be given the nomination in a brokered convention. It's why he's rooting for Kasich to win Ohio, too. It's why Romney hasn't endorsed anyone.

Still waiting for some reporter, any reporter, to ask Romney if Trump's tax plan will hurt Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or