U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 09:07 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,138,312 times

Advertisements

I live in Florida, and yesterday I received a pre-recorded phone call from the Rubio campaign. It said something like, "If you'd like to hear this message in English, press 1. If you'd prefer to hear it in Spanish, press 2". I'm Hispanic and I speak Spanish, so hearing something like that doesn't bother me. But, I've no doubt that a lot of non-Hispanic people who received the same call got pissed off upon hearing those options. I don't think Rubio ever stood a real chance of winning Florida, but I'm sure that that phone call is going to put some people off from even considering a vote for Rubio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 09:09 AM

10,577 posts, read 7,224,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Link: Monmouth poll of Florida: Trump leads Rubio by eight but Rubio leads Trump in early vote by 25 Hot Air

It's not over for Rubio yet. Hopefully Florida gets it right on March 15, go Marco!
Ah, hope springs eternal...

Oh My: Romney Leads 52/46 in National Early Voting? - Guy Benson

And it wasn't just right-wing rags. A little searching shows that you yourself were really jazzed about early voting results in 2012. I see you saw "huge trouble" for President Obama. Tell me, how are things working out for President Romney?

Ohio Early Voting: Obama is in Huge Trouble as GOP Outperforms 2008 by Over 8%

Old 03-08-2016, 09:14 AM

44,183 posts, read 17,608,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Interesting comparison you are making; Rubio spent much of the weekend in Puerto Rico. And comparing a rally in Orlando with Jacksonville is a bit on the silly side. I might add, according to my daughter those Orlando figures are way, way off. Were you there may ask?
Why is it a silly comparison? However, everyone is entitled to opinion. So why don't you give us a comparison of any other city in Florida between the two.

I think you will find that it still speaks for itself.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:46 AM

14,490 posts, read 9,578,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
That is my question, too. One of the Rubio communications guys said they were ahead based on Early Voting and no one bothered to ask him how he knew.
It makes even less sense if you consider that a lot of early voting are absentee ballots, and I am sure nobody has opened them up yet.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:57 AM

6,456 posts, read 4,358,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Why would the people of Florida vote for a man with such a terrible absentee record? Gee, I wish I could skip work and still collect a full pay check of $174, 000. From https://www.govtrack.us/congress/mem...o_rubio/412491

If Marco wins FL it still means nothing for his chances as the nominee. It's the only primary he would or could win.
If the majority in Florida vote for him that tells one the state of morals, values and ethics with those people who would be termed as without any brains. Also they deserve to be ripped off by Rubio from their tax dollars.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:57 AM

10,976 posts, read 6,424,878 times
Sweaty marco needs to drop out. Even if he wins FL it will be the last state he wins. If he drops out now Cruz might have a chance, but neither will beat Hillary.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:01 AM

18,967 posts, read 15,408,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
It makes even less sense if you consider that a lot of early voting are absentee ballots, and I am sure nobody has opened them up yet.

My guess is they are basing it off their own internal polling and breaking out those who have claimed they voted for Rubio. Of course internal polling is a crap shoot, especially when trying to break out the poll into a smaller sample size.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:02 AM

21,954 posts, read 9,317,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
I live in Florida, and yesterday I received a pre-recorded phone call from the Rubio campaign. It said something like, "If you'd like to hear this message in English, press 1. If you'd prefer to hear it in Spanish, press 2". I'm Hispanic and I speak Spanish, so hearing something like that doesn't bother me. But, I've no doubt that a lot of non-Hispanic people who received the same call got pissed off upon hearing those options. I don't think Rubio ever stood a real chance of winning Florida, but I'm sure that that phone call is going to put some people off from even considering a vote for Rubio.
When you call almost any business in the country, the first option you always get is press 2 for Spanish. What's the big deal? I think people would be used to hearing it after 25 years or so.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:06 AM

20,044 posts, read 11,992,572 times
we have early voting ( FL) I was going to stop in after work today, but hope they hold my vote to the end -and not burn it with the trash- I do my part but no way have any faith in the voting people- I was around with the messed up CHADS and the freakie ladies who where selected to run the darn S Board- I do NOT trust the system- go digital with encrypted log ins!

Old 03-08-2016, 11:14 AM

21,954 posts, read 9,317,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
That is my question, too. One of the Rubio communications guys said they were ahead based on Early Voting and no one bothered to ask him how he knew.
Probably knows the same way they've known about the early voting polls in all the other states. Nobody has seemed cared about the methodology prior to Rubio being ahead of Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or