Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 10:14 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times

Advertisements

Honestly I never know what to think anymore when I read/see anything in the media.

I saw videos of the hand raising. On the Today show this morning on a phone interview he was asked point blank about the Hitler reference, and he said he didn't even realize it was anything even in the news (I will call BS on that).

So, is Trump acting like Hitler did with his mannerisms etc. Should Americans be truly concerned about Trump from this angle, or is it just more media hogwash?

Old 03-08-2016, 10:19 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Of course the media is completely biased. They said nothing about this.

Obama Hitler Salute

Old 03-08-2016, 10:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
I'm no Trump fan but the actual video ~ looks nothing like the 'Nazi Salute'. There are some photos floating around on the net, taken from behind, that give that appearance but kinda think this was blown out of proportion by our 24 hours news media.

Come to think of it - they blow everything out of proportion including Bernie's 'ghetto' remark.

How else are they going to fill 24 hours???

Old 03-08-2016, 10:27 AM

679 posts, read 614,783 times
Is it kinda like the Hitler salute? Sure. Does that mean that its a secret "hey we're all nazi's" message? What??

Has Trump found approval amoung Neo-Nazis, yeah, but that doesn't make him a nazi. The guy is shrewd as hell when it comes to things. At the absolute worst I could see Trump doing this as a ploy to get the media to give him crazy coverage because it seems like none of the crazy coverage he gets blows up in his face, but I doubt that's really what this is. And I completely 100% can't see this being his secret nod to racists nationwide, because yeah that's ridiculous and even if he was a secret Nazi he's smart enough to realize that it would be a stupid move to make.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:29 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Hitler hitler hitler....nothing gets attention better than a cheap hitler comparison.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:32 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Honestly I never know what to think anymore when I read/see anything in the media.

I saw videos of the hand raising. On the Today show this morning on a phone interview he was asked point blank about the Hitler reference, and he said he didn't even realize it was anything even in the news (I will call BS on that).

So, is Trump acting like Hitler did with his mannerisms etc. Should Americans be truly concerned about Trump from this angle, or is it just more media hogwash?
I don't want Trump to be our next president but nonsense like this makes a small part of me root for him.

Hitler copied Mussolini who copied Roman Emperors. Trump is copying neither. He is using the common American practice of raising your hand for a variety of reasons. Kids do it all the time in school. That does not mean that all schoolchildren raising their hands are Nazis.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:40 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I don't want Trump to be our next president but nonsense like this makes a small part of me root for him.

Hitler copied Mussolini who copied Roman Emperors. Trump is copying neither. He is using the common American practice of raising your hand for a variety of reasons. Kids do it all the time in school. That does not mean that all schoolchildren raising their hands are Nazis.
Raising your hand in a school room or at meeting when you know an answer or want to ask a question isn't that same thing as raising your hand in a pledge to support the person standing on stage. Apples and oranges.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:57 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Setting aside how it looked to the eye, just that he had them pledge what amounts to fidelity for him made me a little nauseous, especially coming on top of the military will do what I order them assertions. Yes, he walked back from that comment the next morning but he said it and said it in a way that made it clear he sincerly believed he could order the military to commit war crimes. This guy is a neofascist and I am absolutely baffled how people don't see it.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:06 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Setting aside how it looked to the eye, just that he had them pledge what amounts to fidelity for him made me a little nauseous, especially coming on top of the military will do what I order them assertions. Yes, he walked back from that comment the next morning but he said it and said it in a way that made it clear he sincerly believed he could order the military to commit war crimes. This guy is a neofascist and I am absolutely baffled how people don't see it.
What an election this is going to be. A neofascist vs a feminazi.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:39 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Hitler hitler hitler....nothing gets attention better than a cheap hitler comparison.
Both the partisans on the left and right do it, we both should be thankful that we have more then 2 functioning brain cells and been blessed with critical thinking skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections