Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 10:51 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,679,931 times

Advertisements

The guy is an entertainer. He has absolutely no presidential characteristics. I don't really don't understand the appeal he has. Okay, we can discuss trade and outsourcing, but this can be accomplished without electing a guy who has no idea of what he's talking. He's wrong on so many fronts. If there's anyway he's elected, the American project would be in danger and our reputation will be compromised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 10:55 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
The guy is an entertainer. He has absolutely no presidential characteristics. I don't really don't understand the appeal he has. Okay, we can discuss trade and outsourcing, but this can be accomplished without electing a guy who has no idea of what he's talking. He's wrong on so many fronts. If there's anyway he's elected, the American project would be in danger and out reputation will be compromised.
Mostly agree. I would never vote for him.

Should he win (which he won't), Congress- even a GOP dominated Congress- will stop him.

So there it is. A guy who tilts right but despises Trump. There are many of us.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Mostly agree. I would never vote for him.

Should he win (which he won't), Congress- even a GOP dominated Congress- will stop him.

So there it is. A guy who tilts right but despises Trump. There are many of us.

Glad to hear. Why is the sane right not being heard? Trump supporters are making the most noise online and on cable news.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:57 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
"why would you want a buffoon to be president?"

Seems to be the trend these last few elections, why stop now, there's still some parts of the American way of life that haven't been destroyed !

Old 03-08-2016, 10:57 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
The guy is an entertainer. He has absolutely no presidential characteristics. I don't really don't understand the appeal he has. Okay, we can discuss trade and outsourcing, but this can be accomplished without electing a guy who has no idea of what he's talking. He's wrong on so many fronts. If there's anyway he's elected, the American project would be in danger and out reputation will be compromised.
Azz clowns like fellow azz clowns. I guess they feel they too should get a chance to have one of their own in the White House.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:58 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
So, OP, would you rather have a polished empty suit that is beholden to his/her mega-rich donors and always puts those donors ahead of his/her constituents?

Old 03-08-2016, 10:58 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
There are too many people in this country who feel as you do for him to get elected. Less than half of Republicans want him and not many others. That's not a winning formula.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, OP, would you rather have a polished empty suit that is beholden to his/her mega-rich donors and always puts those donors ahead of his/her constituents?

Here's the apolitical card. SMH

Every democracy has lobbyists. They play a vital role.

You're being duped. Trump knows what you and your fellow supporters want to hear. He doesn't care about the working class. This is the same guy who said Americans are overpaid and has his brand manufactured in China. Don't forget that he's a billionaire after all. Don't be so naive.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:11 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
The guy is an entertainer ...

Okay, we can discuss trade and outsourcing [and immigration] ...
Actually we can't.

When both so-called parties, actually their corporate paymasters, agree on all those policies, the only way those who are hurt by them can be heard is to shout.

Quote:
Trump supporters are making the most noise online and on cable news ...
It works.

Quote:
Why is the sane right not being heard?
Because not only do they lie through their teeth, they say the wrong things.

Every single human utterance has a meaning, including shouting, cajoling, ridiculing, threatening, entertaining, shaming, etc.

Shouting works to some extent or another.

Bernie should try it, I think he would get more traction. And, yes, it would be quite entertaining too!

I noticed lately, after much shouting and threatening by certain opposition parties who have started to make electoral gains in Europe, that the EU is starting to get serious about shoring up its borders, making a deal with Turkey.

Shouting works. It is a part of human anatomy and expression. It is a human tool and humans use it. Know that, because knowledge is key.

Shouting works.

Try it some time.

Look, personally I would do fine under the status quo - breakneck free trade, outsourcing, illegal immigration and poverty wages - in other words, I would do fine under a Hillary presidency, I have no problem.

But there are a lot of people hurting under those policies, so somebody has to shout.

Bernie should try it too, maybe even bang a shoe against a microphone, I think he would get more traction. And, yes, it would be quite entertaining!

Last edited by bale002; 03-08-2016 at 11:24 AM..

Old 03-08-2016, 11:14 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
The guy is an entertainer. .
So was Ronald Reagan. Starred in many moves.

People made the same sort of argument against him, as you make now.

They were all proved wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections