Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 01:43 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times

Advertisements

Only the President can shut down the Government. Cruz tried to lead Republicans in doing what they promised their constituents they would do if elected. NOT FUND OBAMACARE!

How many BILLIONS has Obamacare cost the taxpayers in failed websites and fraudulent coverage and how much has Obamacare cost those taxpayers who were happy with their insurance and lost it and their doctors? How many billions in increased costs have the American taxpayers paid as a result of Obamacare??

How much of those BILLIONS in $$$ were from Obama spending money to guard against American's visiting the Washington War Memorial, or visiting Mt. Vernon or even STOPPING on the highway to SEE Mt. Rushmore.

Don't blame Cruz for the failures and overspending of the Obama Administration!

Emails Reveal Obama Admin Shut Down WW II Memorial Knowing Vets Were Coming - Breitbart

President Obama Keeps War Memorial Closed to War Heroes and the Public | American Center for Law and Justice

Mount Rushmore | Shutdown | Viewing Areas | Barricades

NPS tries to close privately funded Mt. Vernon during shutdown

Don't let the liberal media brainwash you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 01:46 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I have never seen ANYTHING like it.
And I've been around!!
They are losing their minds and pulling out ALL the stops against Trump. They will stop at literally NOTHING. Those of you who like other candidates (as I do) can surely at least MARVEL at the sheer depravity of their attacks against Trump! It is a sight to behold. And I thought the DEMS were ruthless!!

Of course, like many things, their efforts say far, far more about THEM than they say about Trump.
I honestly didn't think it was possible for me to loathe them any more. But this election has taught me that I can indeed loathe and despise them to an ever deepening degree.
I can't believe anyone is surprised by the media attacking Trump. He is running as a Republican after all. The only thing surprising is that they aren't waiting until AFTER he is nominated. THAT is when it will get particularly ugly.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:50 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
I hope to see Trump win the nomination just for the massive shakeup it will cause to our two party system and the campaign process.
Early voting all this week. Go for it.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:51 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skold View Post
Man, the *******s are having the field day of their lives over this! They don't even have to do anything but sit back and enjoy the show. It must be nice. Hopefully, we'll get the same pleasure when the criminal Hillary email operation gets down to business.
You're damn right we are!

Personally I'm amused as hell by trump. Never thought he was serious from day one. I don't know if he's just trolling and having fun... or if this is deliberate sabotage. Either way my hat's off to him and I dearly hope he gets the GOP nomination. It'll be amusing as he'll and virtually guarantee a GOP loss. Possibly even destroy the party for the next few election cycles.

What I'd REALLY like to see is Sanders vs. Trump. That would be funny as he'll and result in President Sanders

Last edited by turkey-head; 03-08-2016 at 02:12 PM..

Old 03-08-2016, 01:53 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I can't believe anyone is surprised by the media attacking Trump. He is running as a Republican after all. The only thing surprising is that they aren't waiting until AFTER he is nominated. THAT is when it will get particularly ugly.
What is really funny is that according to the polls it is only helping Trump. I have seriously wondered if Romney pulled this stunt to make sure he get elected?

Old 03-08-2016, 01:56 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,120,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Only the President can shut down the Government. Cruz tried to lead Republicans in doing what they promised their constituents they would do if elected. NOT FUND OBAMACARE!

How many BILLIONS has Obamacare cost the taxpayers in failed websites and fraudulent coverage and how much has Obamacare cost those taxpayers who were happy with their insurance and lost it and their doctors? How many billions in increased costs have the American taxpayers paid as a result of Obamacare??

How much of those BILLIONS in $$$ were from Obama spending money to guard against American's visiting the Washington War Memorial, or visiting Mt. Vernon or even STOPPING on the highway to SEE Mt. Rushmore.

Don't blame Cruz for the failures and overspending of the Obama Administration!

Emails Reveal Obama Admin Shut Down WW II Memorial Knowing Vets Were Coming - Breitbart

President Obama Keeps War Memorial Closed to War Heroes and the Public | American Center for Law and Justice

Mount Rushmore | Shutdown | Viewing Areas | Barricades

NPS tries to close privately funded Mt. Vernon during shutdown

Don't let the liberal media brainwash you!
See this is why we need trump. Who passed obamacare? Republicans AND democrats. I don't care what you have against the government, you NEVER shut it down. The senate/house could have passed a temporary funding measure but they were too self absorbed to even make that happen. Cruz put 2 million civilians and 1.4 million military personals jobs on the line for his own gain. i don't want a immature school child. I'm a republican and I find Cruz's behavior embarrassing, tasteless, and immature during that time.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:00 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Trump should be stopped, his followers are completely in denial and seem to promote a scary notion that violence is acceptable.
What violence are you referring to?

Old 03-08-2016, 02:00 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,381,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I just told my family the same thing. Rush Limbaugh was losing it and trying now a different route to bash Trump.

Well Rush couldn't get Romney elected and neither will he be able to stop Trump!
We the people decide who will win and it may be Trump or someone else but if they keep hating we may end up with Hillary.

Fox News didn't start their attack with Hillary and Bernie like the do with Trump which shows their true colors!

Maybe CNN and Fox news are switching gears..
I'm not so sure

Old 03-08-2016, 02:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I have never seen ANYTHING like it.
And I've been around!!
They are losing their minds and pulling out ALL the stops against Trump. They will stop at literally NOTHING. Those of you who like other candidates (as I do) can surely at least MARVEL at the sheer depravity of their attacks against Trump! It is a sight to behold. And I thought the DEMS were ruthless!!

Of course, like many things, their efforts say far, far more about THEM than they say about Trump.
I honestly didn't think it was possible for me to loathe them any more. But this election has taught me that I can indeed loathe and despise them to an ever deepening degree.
and let's look at it from the other side if you want to be fair: the majority of Trump supporters, at least here on cd are so in awe of him they can't even be subjective. They will get defensive about him regardless of facts and they will stop at nothing short of using elementary playground names when referring to his opponents. Not to mention they believe everything they read that is slanted against an opponent. So you see, it works both ways.

I will say, not all the media is anti, so if you think they are you not paying attention. I will agree, we have never seen anything like this campaign and I am guessing I have been around as long or longer than you. This should tell you something; where there is smoke, there usually is fire.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
They sure are losing it. . .CNN is reporting, group of republicans pushing Paul Ryan to enter race, wtf is going on?! <----rhetorical

They may as well select the President right now and save us all the effin grief.
CNN is reporting groups and just how many is groups? I think you may want to keep an open mind and not believe everything anyone has to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections