Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 07:53 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Agree 100% with this. If Trump is "railroaded in any way from the nomination other than a legitame loss in delegate counts....I wont ever vote for a Republican again. I'm not alone in this thinking with people I have discussed this with. I don't care if you think Trump isn't a good candidate or if he will lose the election to Hilary. If the people give him the primary votes to earn the delegates....then he should be the nominee. This whole circus of the establishment Republicans demonizing Trump reminds me of the saying:
"Thou dost protest too loudly". I think this will backfire on the Republican party.
I agree. I really do believe however that once Trump is inevitable by winning both Florida and Ohio next week, he'll have a growing number of establishment Reps falling in line behind him and begin to unify. He's already having cordial conversations with Paul Ryan and others. It's in the works. The establishment won't begin to support Trump until there is no other choice and it's now beginning to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 07:54 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
At this point, the most likely scenario is that Trump gets more than 1,237 delegates and is the GOP nominee.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:55 AM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
I believe the Establishment wants Rubio. They are hoping the 4 men will go to the convention. The establishment and rich billionaries pick Rubio. The one who got zero delegates yesterday and the one who is 3rd or 4th in the primaries.

When that happens, all hell will break loose and we the people, lose. If Rubio wins the nomination at the convention. It will be like the 1968 Democratic convtion where all hell broke loose and water canons and dogs were let loose on protestors.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I think there are many Republicans who would rather see the party collapse than see Trump be their spokesperson.

Anyway, if another nominee is selected at the conventionn, 100% Trump runs independent and the election is handed to Hillary.
They exist but are few in numbers. The more likely case is that for every Republican vote Trump loses he'll gain 5 democrats to take their place in the general election.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:56 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I believe the Establishment wants Rubio. They are hoping the 4 men will go to the convention. The establishment and rich billionaries pick Rubio. The one who got zero delegates yesterday and the one who is 3rd or 4th in the primaries.

When that happens, all hell will break loose and we the people, lose. If Rubio wins the nomination at the convention. It will be like the 1968 Democratic convtion where all hell broke loose and water canons and dogs were let loose on protestors.
I just don't see it unfolding that way, and I'm a Rubio supporter. I wouldn't want it to unfold that way.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:59 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
They exist but are few in numbers. The more likely case is that for every Republican vote Trump loses he'll gain 5 democrats to take their place in the general election.
Yeah, that is wishful thinking from many Trump supporters.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post

It doesn't matter what they want. They will have to live with what is reality like it or not. I have about as much chance of winning the Rep nomination as Rubio does. Trump has proven that all the money the Estabs have invested in Rubio, Bush and others has been wasted and didn't make a bit of difference.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yeah, that is wishful thinking from many Trump supporters.
It's already been proven that he's drawing dems to vote for him in large numbers in open primaries. Like it or not, that's real. You can be in denial as much as you want to be. Keep sticking your head in the sand and see how much that helps your cause.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:04 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
I think that Mr. Trump will get a majority of pledged delegates, though I'd love to see the reality TV drama of a brokered convention. If so, Cleveland would need to buy more riot gears, and the establishment may need to hire the Baltimore rioters to counter the furious Trump supporters. Democrats rejoice.

Mick

Old 03-09-2016, 08:06 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
Result: Florida and Ohio in the bag, and no scandals or ethical concerns clouding them, the two men go on to face a candidate currently polling behind the latter, with a long history of scandals and questionable ethics, in the middle of an FBI investigation that is getting deeper by the day.

Good luck Hillary. Better hope everyone has amnesia in November.
Refusing to nominate the person elected by "the people" is a scandal in itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections